iDevices, a leader in app-enablement, has a mobile team building world-class experiences for our own products as well as products for our clients. Focused on app-enablement, the team supports mobile development for iOS and Android. iDevices experience in Bluetooth and Bluetooth Smart (4.0) technology, mobile services and creative services provides a strong foundation for future development in this arena and we are moving aggressively to build new and innovative solutions for our customers.
The team is looking for a cloud architect to help drive our development efforts. Are you a hands-on worker that would be excited to make a huge impact on a dynamic, fast moving business? Are you comfortable digging into strategy, architecture and design with a development team? Do you have a passion for bringing the best experience to our customers? Then this is the position for you!
As a primary Cloud Architect, you are expected to lead iDevices with next generation Applications, Data and Infrastructure design taking advantage of existing and emerging technologies to enable rapid provisioning, bursting and other business enablement through Cloud technologies. The individual will provide Cloud enabling recommendations, architecture and design by analyzing complex business and technical requirements as well as future trends and industry analysis to provide robust and secure system design as well as recommendations to both peer architects, project teams and the business. In addition, you will identify, prioritize, prototype, incubate and build business and technology capabilities around Cloud enabling technologies, setting and managing technology standards in the Application, Infrastructure, Data, BI and Security domains.
Position is in-office, please no telecommuters.
Duties and Responsibilities but not limited to:
- Architect and deploy cloud-based systems that meet the stringent performance and availability requirements of the company ecosystem.
- Design and implement scalable, high-performance, high-availability private cloud environments on-premise as well as manage/integrate 3rd Party virtual private cloud environments and provide a seamless application experience across the hybrid cloud environment.
- Manage configuration and provision of enterprise applications from scratch or from existing templates.
- Can play a hands-on architect role and should be able to display management and leadership qualities for the rollout of best-practices, and policies & procedures.
- Collaborate with Finance and Engineering in managing the cost structure and estimation to derive the best implementation strategies.
- Support high visibility projects concurrently in a rapid application development environment and must be able to adapt to fast changing priorities.
- Manage and support multiple concurrent and auto-scalable Production & DevTest environments, system upgrades, cloning procedures, and their performance tuning.
- Define metrics and KPIs for future infrastructure management and planning.
- Plan, define, develop, deliver, maintain, and manage Operations policies, procedures, resources, and project commitments.
- Serve as escalation point for technical issues and provide supervision to prevent, detect, identify, and resolve incidents.
- Serve as a mentor and develop effective training programs for the team members.
- Should be highly motivated, self-driven and be able to contribute individually in addition to providing team leadership.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Combine conceptual understanding with deep and broad Private, Public and Hybrid cloud expertise, including strong Infrastructure and security knowledge.
Qualifications (Key Skills, Education and Experience):
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Engineering or Computer Science, or equivalent experience.
- 5+ years strong experience in managing enterprise applications infrastructure. Datacenter experience is preferred.
- 7 to 10 years professional experience in Application Architecture.
- Strong experience in managing applications in load balanced environment, scaling from many thousands to millions of simultaneous connections.
- Strong experience with Solaris/Linux operating systems and their commands/tools.
- Strong experience in scripting languages such as Shell/Perl/Python.
- Experience in network and security architecture.
- Experience in designing RESTful Web Services.
- Have familiarity realtime mechanisms like persistent connections and WebSockets.
- Knowledge of MySQL and/or Big Data platforms like MongoDB or Cassandra is a plus.
- Have a passion for learning and using new technologies.
- Deep technology expertise across a wide range of areas in the Application and Infrastructure domains.
- Ability to examine issues both strategically and analytically.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, time management, organizational and presentation skills.
- Ability to remain flexible and respond to changing organizational and business demands
- Solid communication skills with the ability to express concepts/solutions in technical diagrams and non-technical presentations.
- Demonstrated ability to quickly grasp new concepts and communicate from both a technical and non-technical level.
VISA Candidates Considered? No
Industries: Consumer Electronics
Compensation: Salary, 401K, Health, Disability, Bonus, Equity, PTO
Relocation assistance not offered.
Indeed - 7 months ago
copy to clipboard -
Founded in 2010, iDevices began its journey with the conception and development of the iGrill, a Bluetooth-enabled cooking thermometer, one...