iDevices, a leader in app-enablement, has a mobile team building world-class experiences for our own products as well as products for our clients. Focused on app-enablement, the team supports mobile development for iOS and Android. iDevices experience in Bluetooth and Bluetooth Smart (4.0) technology, mobile services and creative services provides a strong foundation for future development in this arena and we are moving aggressively to build new and innovative solutions for our customers.
The team is looking for a mobile app developer to help drive our development efforts. Are you a hands-on worker that would be excited to make a huge impact on a dynamic, fast moving business? Are you comfortable digging into app strategy, architecture and design with a development team? Do you have a passion for bringing the best iOS mobile experience to our customers?
Then this is the position for you. iDevices needs a world class iOS Mobile App Developer to own and launch app-enabled products on a variety of platforms. This role requires working closely with product management and creative teams to define strategy and requirements and working with the development teams all the way from design through delivery and subsequent operation. The position involves regular communication with your senior management on status, risks and product strategy. Excellent listening and writing skills and very strong technical competencies are essential.
The ideal candidate has experience through multiple complete app launch cycles. This opportunity requires excellent technical, problem solving and communication skills. The key to success in this position is an equalizing passion for delivering new features, as well as operating the current applications at the highest level of quality, ensuring that our customers have a top-of-line experience on their mobile device.
Ideal candidates have 5+ years application development with C/C++, Objective-C or Java and/or 2+ years experience developing mobile applications for iOS. Position requires a professional level understanding of iOS platform. Experience with app-enablement is strongly preferred, but not required. Experience with Bluetooth, Bluetooth Smart (4.0) and Wi-Fi is strongly preferred.
Position is an in-house role and remote candidates will not be considered.
- 5+ years application development with C/C++, Objective-C or Java
- 2+ years native mobile experience highly recommended or preferred
- Solid understanding of object-oriented programming (OOP) and computer science foundations
- Strong knowledge of software implementation best practices
- Expertise with version control (i.e. SVN)
- Cloud development, integration & implementation are a plus
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, software development, information technology, or combination of education and related experience
- Provide technical support to teammates
- Maintain high standards of software quality
- Collaborate with other software developers, creative team, embedded software developers and electrical engineers to plan, design, develop, test and maintain mobile applications built for iOS
- Assist in the collection and documentation of user's requirements, development of user stories, estimates and work plans
- Prepare reports, manuals and other documentation on the status, operation and maintenance of software
- Design, develop and unit test applications in accordance with established standards
- Work with teammates in the migration of applications to latest OS releases
- Analyze and resolve technical and application problems
- Adhere to high-quality development principles, while delivering solutions on time
- Research and evaluate a variety of software products
Industries: Consumer Electronics
Compensation: Salary, 401K, Health, Disability, Bonus, Equity, PTO
Relocation assistance not offered.