iDevices, a leader in app-enablement, has an engineering team, led by some of the industries top engineers, building world-class experiences for our clients, as well as own products. Focused on app-enablement, the team supports Bluetooth connectivity for connected products. iDevices experience in Bluetooth® and Bluetooth® Smart (4.0) technology, mobile services and creative services provides a strong foundation for future development in this arena and we are moving aggressively to build new and innovative solutions for our customers.
This role requires working closely with product management and our Electrical Engineering team to define strategy and requirements. The position involves regular communication with your senior management on status, risks and product strategy. Excellent listening and writing skills and very strong technical competencies are essential.
The ideal candidate has a firm grasp of object oriented programming methodologies and real-time issues like multi-threading and concurrency. We are looking for someone with experience implementing and debugging network communications over a variety of transport mediums. Most of what we interface with is smartphones and tablets, so experience with iOS or Android is always a plus here at iDevices. A strong skill in writing device drivers for peripheral over several low-level bus technologies is a requirement.
Ideal candidates have 5+ years experience in embedded software and a BS in Computer Engineering.
Position is an in-house role and remote candidates will not be considered.
- BS in Computer Engineering or equivalent
- Strong OOM background with C/C++
- Experience interfacing with peripherals over UART, SPI and I2C
- Comfortable working with Linux/OSX development environment
- Familiar with small micro controllers (preferably ARM) w/ and w/o an RTOS
- Experience in network sockets programming
- Minimum 5+ years embedded experience
- Strong communication skills (in particular, writing)
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Web API
- Memory Constrained Environments
- Wifi and TCP/IP integration
- Writing device drivers for various sensors and other small peripherals
- Helping to develop a library of reusable code across several processor and OS platforms
- Writing custom Bluetooth® profiles to interface with iOS and Android devices
- Developing scripts to aid in automated unit and regression testing
- Implementing custom protocols over TCP/IP
- Support to customers using our custom Bluetooth® Smart module
Salary, 401K, Bonus Structure, Health, Disability, Equity, PTO
Relocation assistance not offered.