Instructors are responsible for safely leading customers through the entire iFLY experience.
Day to day responsibilities will include but are not limited to ensuring customer’s safety while flying, providing excellent customer service, coaching, controlling the wind-tunnel, sales and cleaning the facility.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Instructors work in different areas of our facility.
Instructor duties include:
- Meeting and greeting customers
- Training and teaching the class
- Gearing up and de-gearing customers
- Flying customers in the wind-tunnel while ensuring their safety
- Coaching novice and advanced flyers
- Controlling the wind-speed of the wind-tunnel
- Taking pictures
- Selling iFLY products and services
Additional Customer Service duties may include:
- Checking in guests
- Making reservations
- Answering phone calls
- Stocking merchandise
- Inventory control
WORK EXPERIENCE AND REQUIREMENTS
The characteristics required as an iFLY instructor are:
- Customer service focus
- Good listener skills
- Coaching skills
- Friendly, upbeat, compassionate, personable
- Strong team player
- Safety aware and responsible
- Stamina & strength (have the ability to catch or correct movements of a person of up to 250 lbs in the wind-tunnel)
- Able to follow routine and procedure
- Demonstrated commitment and dedication
- Technically capable of operating the tunnel and its systems
- Willing and able to operate anti-social hours and shifts
Excellent oral and written communication skills are required. Needs initiative, detail-orientation and an ability to organize and prioritize. Tact, discretion, and good judgment are required to maintain positive relationships with co-workers and customers. Basic computer skills are a must. A certain degree of creativity and latitude is required.
Must be able to work days, nights, weekends and holidays. Instructors must pass the Flight Instructor Training Program. This course is an intensive 3-4 week training program that is physically demanding and occurs at undesirable hours.
Education should be at a level which demonstrates the ability to perform the duties listed herein. Experience in the hospitality business a plus.