iHire isn’t your average company. We are a job board and one of the top places job seekers and employers go for their career and employment needs. But, we don’t just post candidate resumes and employer job descriptions -- we create solutions that help revolutionize our customer’s careers and candidate selection. And, we are proud to say that our associates are up to the challenge. Are you? We are always looking to add forward- thinking, motivated individuals to our team who want to grow with us and become leaders. We seek the best. We have a casual and fun work environment; we emphasize work-life balance; and we offer competitive rewards, all of which help set us apart from the rest. iHire was awarded one of the top 100 employment sites by industry authority Weddle’s.
Due to company growth, iHire has an opening for a UI/UX Frontend Web Developer to join our team. This position is primarily responsible for developing software and new technologies for the company to use on its websites and backend systems in support of customer service, sales, marketing, and other functional areas. The role requires a high impact individual. The candidate must have the ability to hit the ground running and contribute to results quickly. Responsibilities include:
- Producing defect free software programs, web sites, and services using the latest technology, current standards, and best practices in a timely, accurate, and efficient manner.
- Applying generally accepted programming standards and techniques to ensure efficient program logic and data manipulation. Follows and enforces software development life cycle standards and best practices.
- Documenting designs, comments code, and uses meaningful variable names to allow for easily maintainable code. Understands and uses basic design concepts and patterns to allow for others to easily understand the code and modify it.
- Providing adequate unit and system level testing of the features and bug fixes to include nominal cases, edge cases, and negative tests. Communicate tests that should be run once the system is deployed to the production environment.
- Using best practices for software configuration management. Establishes new development projects and manages existing software releases (check-ins, branches, merges). Ensures that all code is operational and adequately tested prior to checking in code to common repositories used by other engineers.
This position requires:
- Bachelor's degree (B.S.) from four-year college or university; or one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Twelve or more months of general software development, preferably in a corporate setting
- Demonstrated experience with mockup, storyboard and wireframing tools to communicate product UI concepts to business owners
- Demonstrated ability to participate and lead in the planning of visual design and user interfaces for web based applications (both desktop and mobile versions)
- Experience maintaining ongoing design excellence by incorporating customer feedback into the overall UI/UX design.
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate with the various discipline team leads to ensure effective UX execution and continuous improvement of methodologies, service offerings, products, and solutions
iHire seeks and encourages associates to contribute to our vision-oriented and progressive company. We offer a very competitive total compensation package, including unlimited paid time off (yes, unlimited!). If you are looking for a company where you can make your mark, please send us your resume. Putting “UI/UX Frontend Web Developer” in the subject line will expedite review.