iJet Technologies, Inc. is executing upon a global strategy to successfully deliver world-class application and platform solutions to the aviation industry.
The Solutions Architect is a strategic role, responsible for architecture and design of various aspects of the iJet Platform and associated applications. Solutions Architects at iJet are expected to be capable across a broad range of technologies and problems. The right candidate will have substantial expertise in the enterprise messaging, application integration and application design methodology. The Solutions Architect is responsible for documenting and communicating architectures and designs to iJet’s Engineering teams and to external service providers, as well as overseeing implementation of all critical capabilities. A background in aerospace communications or communications-on-the-move will be beneficial, but all qualified applicants will be considered.
Responsibilities and Expectations:
- Apply a consultative mindset and strong communication skills to work closely with engineering and product teams, to identify platform and application requirements, identify risks and challenges, estimate implementation time/cost, and communicate architecture and design details
- Assist the prototyping and validation teams in developing realistic tests and scenarios, to model various functional components, exercise advanced concepts, evaluate preliminary designs, and detect potential faults and incompatibilities
- Lead and/or collaborate architectural efforts for other aspects of iJet’s Platform, as determined by need and availability
- Clearly and effectively document the application architecture and design, lead review sessions, and communicate the design to other engineering and product teams
- Write and review system and sub-system requirements, including requirements authored by iJet’s suppliers
- Act as technical lead with internal and external implementation teams, and maintain close collaboration with architectural peers from iJet’s software suppliers
- Provide review and feedback to architecture and design documents created by other architects or senior technical resources
- Lead and/or participate in architectural governance activities
- Assist in the architecture and design of iJet’s message-based air-to-ground communications systems for commercial aircraft, including multiple air-to-ground link variants, (depending on skill set)
Qualifications and Requirements:
- 5+ years in a formal Solutions Architect capacity; preferred experience large enterprise
- Expert knowledge of enterprise messaging, application integration, and SOA
- Experience simulating messaging systems to predict behaviors of systems under real-world conditions
- Broad experience across various architectural patterns and technologies
- Fluency with TCP/IP network communications; experience with IPv6 beneficial
- Background in aerospace communication or other communications-on-the-move (COTM) preferred
- Demonstrated ability to make, explain, and document architectures and architectural design decisions
- Preference for candidates with application development and application methodology skills
- Preference for candidates who demonstrate an agile, pragmatic approach to architecture
- Exceptional written and verbal communications skills
- Desire and aptitude to work in a small, fast-moving team
- Proficient with MS Office, enterprise architecture/modeling tools (IBM/Rational, Sparx, or similar), and formal requirements management tools (Jama Contour preferred)
- 10+ years of relevant experience and Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering or Computer Science is preferred
Interested candidates should send a resume AND cover letter.
No phone calls please.
No relocation assistance or visa sponsorship/management.
Keywords: aerospace, software engineer, software developer, software architect, data architect, engineer, computer science, systems architect, solutions architect, IT, information technology