iMemories is a dynamic, growing company. We have an established presence focused on preserving your personal and family memories, converting any film, video, photos, and slides you have into digital images and movies that you can view online, on your phone or tablet, or on custom-created DVDs or Blu-rays. Moving into the “born digital” world, we are taking the next exciting steps adding new products into our portfolio and expanding our existing customer-facing applications to help you create and preserve your future family memories.
The iMemories Technical Team owns all customer-facing and custom operational/back-office applications responsible for everything from allowing customers to create their own DVDs online via our web application to creating the digital version of an 8mm film reel taken in the 1940’s to providing detailed operational statistics reporting. We get to play with a broad range of workflow, web, data, database, caching, and streaming technologies to deliver efficient, effective, and easy-to-use solutions that make life simpler for our Operations organization and our customers.
- Ownership of system(s), application(s), or components within.
- Design and build for minimal operational impact of the system(s), application(s) or components: performant, efficient, scalable.
- Analyze system, application or components risks, needs, and impacts. Review and discuss with other members of the Technical team and business owners to drive technical conclusions.
- Participate in recruiting and interviews.
What the Candidate Will Do:
- Architect system(s), application(s), or components within.
- Operational ownership for all technical aspects of the system, application or components, includ-ing support to members of the Operations organization.
- Design, implement, debug, troubleshoot and deploy.
- Plan and perform code reviews for implemented code.
- Initiate design discussions, reviews with other members of the Technical team.
- Participate in design discussions, code reviews, project stand-up meetings.
- Contribute to high-level discussions on data, model, architecture, and technology choices.
- Continuously improve code based upon operational feedback.
- Experience designing and implementing for large or high-traffic web application environments is essential.
- Experience in web and UI programming languages: Java, Grails, Ruby, Groovy, JSP, jQuery, HTML (4 and 5).
- Experience in and understanding of web development fundamentals: J2EE stack, 3-tier application architecture, data abstraction, security. Experience with EJBs is highly desired.
- Experience in open-source web and database technologies: JBOSS, Apache, Tomcat, Postgres, MySQL.
- Experience in caching and streaming technologies: lighttpd, Flash Media Server, TrafficServer.
- Experience with Android or iOS applications is a plus.
- Requires limited detailed direction from management.
- 5+ years of experience.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field (or equivalent work experience)
No relocation available but will consider virtual work options.