This position does require relocation to work out of the corporate offices in Panama City, FL
Contribute to the full life cycle of software products in a fast growing software firm. This position requires analysis, architectural design, development, testing, and documentation of a variety of software systems and components for the medical field. There will be a specialty area of focus on an end to end waveform solution that includes data collection from patient medical devices, compressing, parsing, normalizing, storage, presentation, reporting, and archiving. Required to be a US citizen or existing US work Visa, and must be willing to work out of our Panama City, FL office.
This position will report to a Product Development Manager and be responsible for coding and architecture of a FDA Class II regulated waveform product.
- This position requires that the candidate be willing to work out of our corporate offices in Panama City, Florida and be able to travel up to 20% to client locations as needed.
- Develop a system to collect, convert and normalize, buffer, store, retrieve, display, report, and transfer waveform data from multiple manufacturer medical devices.
- Develop component-based architectural, code design, documentation, and project time line estimations.
- Coding and testing to design, including performance and baseline testing.
- Develop Quality System Records and follow departmental Quality System practices and procedures including peer code reviews.
- Convey software design ideas to others, and to accurately understand and incorporate software design ideas from others. This role involves interaction with internal department personnel, reporting staff, and clients.
- Document and train on software for a wide variety of audiences, ranging from fellow programmers, field-implementation & installation staff, management and sales staff, and the end-user.
Candidates must have at least 5+ years of work experience with 3 or more of those specific to waveform data. Candidate must be well versed in understanding and overcoming various challenges in providing end to end solutions for processing waveforms from many devices. Current device drivers are written in Java, but that does not preclude anyone with a C or C# background from being eligible.
- Experience with design and development of well-documented and quality software applying OOD/OOP principles and techniques of computer science, engineering and mathematical analysis.
- Experience moving, storing, and retrieving large volumes of data.
- Strong background in software development (Java, C++ and associated development environments), including experience in writing multi-threaded systems.
- Experience developing in Android or IOS environments is a plus.
- Adequate discipline and professionalism to work diligently within published FDA device regulatory guidelines and rigorously follow internal Standard Operating Procedures, including exhaustive documentation of the design and operation of all software produced.
- Experience working in a federally regulated environment, preferably with Class 2/3 Medical Device Software.
- Experience with Digital Signal Processing.
- Understanding of physiological waveforms like ECG, EMG, etc.
- A strong attention to detail and a passion for excellence are critical.
- Familiarity with hospital environments and knowledge of clinical workflow is desired.
- Experience programming serial and network communications.
- Knowledge of client server architecture and application server design.
- Experience with XML and HTML markup formats.
- Understanding of interface messaging standards such as HL7.
- Microsoft SQL and Mongo
- DICOMM and/or SCP
- A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Electrical, Biomedical, or related discipline is required or equivalent work experience and technical training.
NANTHEALTH is a transformational healthcare company converging science and technology through an integrated clinical platform that’s...