iTalk Global Communications, Inc. is a leader in the international telecommunications industry. We are pioneers in the Voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP) revolution. We believe friends, families, and growing businesses should be able to communicate at affordable prices. If you're smart, passionate, and have a vision for a better future we want you.
We are currently looking for a mid-level Information Technology Network Engineer experienced in LAN/WAN technologies to be responsible for deploying, managing, and ensuring stability of the local/wide area network infrastructure technologies.
Essential Job Functions:
- Configure, service, and support all core routing and switching equipment necessary for the delivery of Carrier Class Ethernet
- Test and validate all new core hardware and connections for proper configuration and performance
- Monitor all core alarm points and maintain accurate detailed core circuit design records and drawings
- Assist with provisioning of all provider edge devices, customer premise equipment, and other related equipment as necessary and directed
- As part of an on-call/standby rotation, respond to after-hours call-out for service restoration, troubleshooting, network testing, and repair of all core equipment necessary for the delivery of Carrier Services
- Participate in the creation and review of event post mortem documentation to ensure accurate and meaningful post mortems are created
- Track all equipment RMAs and ensure that proper levels of spare inventory are maintained
- Perform scheduled maintenance on all core commercial equipment such as software upgrades and equipment upgrades and assist with such maintenance on the last mile and customer premise network equipment as needed
- Other duties as assigned
- Extensive knowledge and hands-on experience of TCP/IP, LAN, WAN, telecommunication equipment, understanding of all OSI layers from application to physical, knowledge of RIP, MPLS, OSPF and BGP, and experience with bandwidth utilization monitoring
- 3+ years of data network operations and support experience
- 3+ years of experience with Cisco, Juniper or HP routers and switches
- 3+ years of hands-on experience supporting/maintaining Cisco and/or other major out of band access technology platforms
- Working experience with Linux and Microsoft OS
- Industry recognized network certification
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree from a four-year college or university; or equivalent combination of training, education, and experience
How to Apply:
Qualified applicants may apply by submitting a resume.
Indeed - 17 months ago