Founded in 1999 on integrity and honesty, imortgage is now an industry leading direct mortgage banker committed to excellence. It is this philosophy of partnership that allows imortgage to fund billions each year in successful mortgages.
imortgage is an established national retail mortgage correspondent who is currently seeking experienced Underwriters to support our growing number of branches.
Our Underwriting Department supports over 350 loan originators across 7 states with corporate headquarters located in Scottsdale, Arizona.
The Underwriter underwrites residential government loans (FHA/VA), conventional loans, USDA and bond loans. They will review guidelines for various investors and programs. Issue conditions to processors, reviews, audit files and supports the processing function for quality file preparation and completion.
- Accountable for underwriting individual mortgage products within company and investor/industry guidelines.
- Accurately review financial statements, credit reports and applicable ratios (i.e. DTI and LTV) to underwriting decision.
- Evaluating/examining transactions to judge accuracy and completeness. Investigating loan requests using fraud detection techniques.
- Independently ensure documents are consistent and uphold to company and investor/industry guidelines.
- Performing compliance reviews and risk analysis.
- Facilitating renegotiation of loans based on lending guidelines.
- Communicate rationale behind credit decision to all parties.
- Provide leadership, direction, or training to team members and communicate performance feedback to supervisor.
- Communicate effectively with internal staff to maintain high level of customer service.
- Develop a timely flow of underwriting files and condition sign off to facilitate company turn times.
- Assist Processing with problematic files to expedite submissions.
- Effectively communicate with Loan Consultants and Processors the correct answers to program guidelines and borrower qualification.
- Accountable for completing 4-5 new loans per day, in addition to resubmissions.
Education and/or Experience/Licenses and/or Certificates:
- 6 or more years of combined professional experience in the mortgage lending industry (i.e. processing, underwriting, pricing, closing, etc.)
- FHA Direct Endorsement (DE) certification that is valid and current
- Proficiency in DU and LP
- 4 or more years of successful FHA, VA and Conventional underwriting required
- Valid and current VA Lender Appraisal Processing Program (LAPP) certification a plus
- Excellent communication skills and customer service
- High level of integrity and trust
- Team player with selfless attitude
- Precise attention to detail
- Ownership and pride in work
- Professional demeanor
We offer our valued employees:
- Highly competitive compensation programs
- Local empowerment and mutual respect
- Benefits include paid holidays, vacation, granted sick time, health insurance, dental, vision, 401(K) participation with company match and supplementary coverage.
Founded in 1999 on integrity and honesty, imortgage is now an industry leading direct mortgage banker committed to excellence.
If you want to join a growing company that prides itself on employee retention and professional fulfillment, please send your resume.
To learn more about this opportunity, please email your resume today. All email will be treated as confidential.