Our Apple consulting firm needs a full-time IT consultant who is intimately familiar with Mac OS X present and past, Mac-based networking, and other platforms such as Windows (to the extent that's needed to integrate them with Macs, or to run a virtual machine). Other helpful knowledge will include:
- iOS (applicants should own at least one iOS device)
- iCloud, Dropbox, and other sync engines
- OS X Server
- Google Apps and other cloud solutions
- the usual apps such as MS Office and the iLife suite
- the essentials of DNS, e.g., to configure a zone file on a registrar's web site
- strategies for on-site and off-site backups
- productivity apps and techniques
- command-line administration
- surprising, clever, and nifty tech (a bit of "Wow, that's cool.")
Applicants must be friendly, patient, considerate, and groomed.
Must have reliable transportation, mobile internet (smartphone counts), and a phone plan with unlimited texting.
Résumés as PDF or HTML only, please.
Prior experience might include jobs such as Technical Support Consultant/Specialist/Professional in IT, Apple, Mac, iOS, Mobile Technology, Computers, Computer Users, Network, or Server.