Android Devices Software Engineer in Test
mSpot is mobile entertainment. We bring music, radio, and movie services to millions of consumers, worldwide. With our newest app, Music Hub, users can stream songs from an extensive catalog, upload their personal music collections to the cloud, listen to personal radio stations, and purchase music -- all in one app. We're a rapidly growing and vibrant company driven by a passion for entertainment and a vision to deliver the ultimate mobile experience.
In this position you'll be a critical member of the Quality Assurance team responsible for Software Test. We are still growing rapidly, so this is an opportunity to design and build something new.
Essential duties include test automation programming (either of the following listed below) and test environment set ups from a systems engineering level to help establish a global test automation environment for Android devices. You will work directly with development teams in an Agile/Scrum environment being a key individual contributor towards a well designed and tested outcome.
Skills and Experience
1) Solid understanding of a coding language commonly uses in Android development and testing.
2) Ability to establish a local test environment and set the environment up without heavy reliability on outside resources.
3) Proven technique in knocking down barriers by seeking out your own solutions to problems.
4) Rarely makes the same mistake twice and thrives on documentation and long term solutions for continuous improvements.
5) Able to work those long nights or occasional weekends when the team spirit is strong and a major milestone needs to be met.
1) 2+ years and above Intermediate skills in coding new test solutions (you can grow with us but have to meet our current needs to start)
2) BS in computer science or related technical field or 5 years experience with an eye on acquiring your BS.
3) Novice understanding of creating a build and pushing to environments in preparation for testing branches and patch priorities.
mSpot became a wholly-owned subsidiary of Samsung Electronics in May of this year, combining the nimble outlook of a small company with the resources and reach of a global electronics leader. If you're creative, fun, hardworking and ready to revolutionize the mobile music and entertainment industry, contact us now - we'd love to meet you!