MSH has more than 2,000 employees geographically dispersed around the globe and our intranet platform is critical for staff knowledge creation, acquisition and transfer. The Knowledge Management Associatewill play an important role in helping us enhance our intranet and in supporting multiple channels for employee collaboration and access to information and knowledge.
The primary functions of the Knowledge Management Associate is to support the Organizational Learning team to maximize the value of MSH’s intranet by ensuring employees can quickly find the information they need to do their jobs, manage their lives as employees, connect to other users, and improve employee engagement.
Intranet Platform Innovation and Management:
- Support the Organizational Learning team in implementing the content, social media tools, and collaboration spaces on our new intranet
- Help users across all employee groups and levels to participate in and build a lively intranet community
- Manage and update intranet how-to guides
- Assist in troubleshooting intranet issues for content contributors
- Monitor intranet help inboxes and respond to requests
- Support content contributors to ensure the integrity, timeliness, and relevance of the information posted on the intranet
- Provide regular intranet training to all staff
- Provide guidance to staff on the content and layout of intranet pages
- Create quarterly quality assurance reports
- Support field offices who need to build country specific pages and help them realize their goals
- Maintain monitoring and evaluating tools for use in tracking and reporting monthly metrics
- Work closely with the IS department web application developers within the organization to ensure the continuation of a common, stable development environment for content contributors
- Develop knowledge products based on technical materials for internal stakeholders
Project work (TBD):
- This position may be requested at times to support specific projects across the organization as they determine their knowledge management needs
- Degree in Information Management, or similar
- Minimum 1-3 years’ experience in working with intranet or portal programs and/or a modern information management business solution, preferably for a global organization, with a focus on enhancing collaboration, improving services, and engaging employees
- Excellent communication, planning, and organizational skills and the ability to think creatively about collaboration, knowledge sharing, and employee engagement in a global, mobile organization
- Good experience in web user experience creation, scoping and shaping online services and optimizing web content; web usability best practices and experience of copywriting for the web
- Experience in using Content Management Systems, social intranets and managing workflow
- A broad online / internet knowledge, including best practices, emerging technologies, usability, accessibility, social networking, multimedia, and blogs, with the ability to channel this knowledge into strategic and innovative advice
- Experience in coordinating activities and managing relationships with employees, content administrators, stakeholders, IT teams and external agencies
- Self-starting, enthusiastic individual with proven ability to take ownership for results and driving change
- Sense of humor and dedication to global health work
Management Sciences for Health is an equal opportunity employer offering employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, citizenship, physical or mental handicap, or status as a disabled or Vietnam Era veteran of the U.S. Armed Forces.
To apply for this position, please submit a resume to https://jobs-msh.icims.com/jobs/7318/knowledge-management-associate/job
Management Sciences for Health (MSH) is a nonprofit international health organization composed of more than 2,000 people from 73 nations....