Midwest Direct is a leading Digital Print provider based in Cleveland Ohio and is one of the largest mailing service providers in Ohio. We have been in business for 31 years with a strong reputation in quality and services in the industry.
We are in need of a Prepress Technician
(Please note, this is not a designer position)
Fast paced, dynamically growing Cleveland commercial digital printer looking for experienced and skilled prepress proof technician(s).
Thorough knowledge of prepress workflow, preflight, proofing, layout / imposition, bindery types are required for this position.
- Read, understand and follow work orders and special instructions
- Preflight and prepare incoming files for print production (offset and digital)
- Generate accurate PDF proofs for client approval
- Clearly communicate file issues and recommend solutions
- Build imposition files, output color proofs, fold dummies
- Output and check press plates for production
- Other prepress related tasks
- 3+ years prepress experience
- Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator and Acrobat Pro, Press Designer,)
- Solid knowledge of file standards for print production (bleed, trapping, color separation, resolution, etc.)
- Ability to multitask, prioritize, pay attention to detail, maintain professionalism and high quality of work
- Outstanding work ethic is a MUST
Additional experiences and skills that will be considered, but not required:
- Experience with Print Soft, BCC and Postal Rules a big plus
- Color matching, Color correction, Image Manipulation
- Variable data and personalized printing, InDesign, Press Designer, XMPie, etc.
- Previous experience in bindery / finishing operations
- Print on Demand, Store front building, HTML, CSS, XML, Dreamweaver
We offer a very competitive pay plan, and the salary offered will commensurate with experience level of the candidate. Vacation, sick days, 401k, medical and dental benefits available.
Indeed - 14 months ago