Discover the Web from your online Room! myWebRoom is a place to organize your bookmarks, find cool websites and surf the web in the most private and visual way. I is a visually exciting portal to store, organize and safely access all of your favorite sites on the internet. Just like your bedroom, you can decorate your online room to express your style and personality. Fill your room with the sites and apps you visit every day, and discover new ones along the way. Make your room private or share it with friends, family and colleagues. Shop, study, book a vacation, listen to music, watch movies and more, all from the comfort of your Room.
About the Position:
At myWebRoom.com, we are constantly building new things and improving our interface. Since we recently launched, we are interacting a lot with our users and building cool things for them. Really exciting times! We are looking for an experienced front-end developer that wants to join our team and work on our revolutionizing product. You will be a key member of our technical team working closely with our graphic designers, UX/UI designers and product managers to improve current features and develop new ones. The best about this position is that your work gets exposed to the public right away. You will be working on the product that our users interact with everyday, not on things that never see the light of day.
- Implement designs with a pixel-perfect attention to detail
- Define and implement a front-end framework for developers to use as they build pages
- Organize assets and CSS for better performance across all major browsers
- Review visual implementation on pages to ensure code is accurate
- Create implementation documentation to aid other developers
- Help design teams explore and implement animations to enhance the user experience
Requirements and Skills:
- 3-5 years of Web Development
- Excellent time management, problem solving, and communication skills
- Strong collaborator who is equally adept working independently and taking direction as part of a larger team
- Well-versed in modern web standards and best practices
- Ability to translate designs into pixel-perfect code that you take pride in
- Basic knowledge on SVN subversion, AJax and JSON
- Experience with responsive design techniques ensuring the best user experience across a plurality of devices
- History of testing and developing across multiple browsers while maintaining a consistent user experience
- Proven ability to define and maintain complex and well crafted stylesheets across a network of web applications
- Working ability to optimize code to reduce load time (both actual and perceived) in complex web applications
The ideal candidate has:
A desire to learn about new technology and practices, and a desire to share, and to teach others
Some Experience developing interfaces for Android and/or iOS devices
Basic working knowledge of Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator
Experience with one or more of: django/Python, SASS, Sencha Ext.js, Sencha Touch
Location in greater San Francisco Bay Area
We invest in the best people and treat them right. We offer equity and great benefits. Your work will see the light of day, and your code will be free as in freedom. Most importantly, we offer a challenge: to build software that will help change the status quo.
With all honesty, our startup is working on developing the future of the Web. The type of program that we are building is one that will be huge in the upcoming years. I wish I was joking about it but I am not. We are in a technology field were companies such as Microsoft, IBM and others have invested billions of dollars and have not been successful due to missing key elements of user interaction. Thats were we come in! For the past two years we have been studying and analyzing user web behavior in order to develop our software in a way that no one is doing at the moment.
Best of Luck,