Position Title: Homeless Services Project Manager
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Insure compliance with HUD grant requirements, including recordkeeping, invoicing and service goals.
2. Prepare all required reports including technical submissions, annual reports to HUD and renewal applications as needed.
3. Insure compliance with all applicable government regulations related to the execution of the HUD grants, including but not limited to OMB A-122, OMB a-110, and 24CFR583.
4. Develop and execute annual financial plan supporting HUD grants.
5. Maintain site control of the one-stop service delivery site.
6. Run interference for clients having difficulty with services delivery.
7. Monitor job counseling services, case management services, and work flow, and balance them systematically.
8. Coordinate services flow between each of the Agency’s activities from intake through post-placement follow-up.
9. Conduct daily intake and orientation sessions as appropriate.
10. Provide direct client services as needed.
11. Establish referral protocols between agencies collaborating with the Agency.
12. Maintain and update referral lists; arrange for housing health care, rehabilitation, and other services.
13. Assist clients in accessing mainstream health, social services, and employment programs for which homeless populations may be eligible.
14. Use learner-centered integrated and accelerated learning methodologies in counseling/coaching/tutoring/training clients.
15. Integrate agency focus on Business English, Housing Options (including Shared Housing), Workplace Literacy, Math, Financial Literacy, Lifelong Learning, Independent Living Skills, Addiction & Recovery, and Employment and Housing Retention wherever appropriate in one-on-one counseling/coaching/tutoring sessions, orientations, classes, support groups, outreach, intake, workshops, job clubs, training preparation clubs, and trainings.
16. Provide back-up for any manager or staff person who is sick or on vacation, as needed.
NON-ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Other duties as may be assigned.
1. Bachelor’s Degree in related field, or equivalent experience. At least three years experience as a social service supervisor or equivalent, working with diverse staff and a diverse client. Personal experience with disability and/or homelessness preferred.
2. Must demonstrate excellent knowledge of government regulations that apply to the delivery of homeless services as described in #3 above.
3. Demonstrated commitment and ability to promote client empowerment, choice making, and independent living.
4. Demonstrated ability to facilitate adult learning and vocational development processes.
5. Experience facilitating peer group interactions and learner-centered activities.
6. Ability to develop services systems with staff input and to promote team building.
7. Problem solving and conflict resolution ability.
8. Strong communication and presentation skills, including the ability to address people.
9. Self-starter, ability to work independently and as a team.
10. Experience with internal and external barriers that homeless people face.
11. Ability to meet deadlines.
12. Ability to handle crises.
13. Experience in counseling, coaching, and crisis intervention.
14. Willingness to work flexible hours.
15. Knowledge of community agencies, social and health services, workforce development programs, and housing resources.
16. Tolerance of stressful situations and ability to work with a wide variety of people.
17. Demonstrated ability to show a non-judgmental attitude in client services and to maintain client confidentiality.
18. Ability to use integrated and accelerated learning methodologies in counseling, coaching, tutoring, and training clients.
19. Some computer application knowledge in preferred.
SPECIAL SKILLS OR ABILITIES:
Requires frequent travel within assigned service area. Inside work requiring prolonged sitting, working at a computer work station. Occasional lifting of up to 40 pounds.