Consumer electronics distributor seeks Controller (CPA Required)
nuCourse Distribution, Inc.
Founded in 2008, we’re the world’s fastest growing distributor of consumer electronics. (Or at least, we’re pretty sure we are. Turns out most other distributors won’t actually show us their financials.)
- Do you care deeply about the relationships you build with co-workers, vendors, and customers? - Do you want a company that really cares about you?
- Do you like a team that makes itself efficient using the latest technology?
- Do you often ask yourself, “How could I do what I do better and faster?”
- Do you have ideas that would make a huge difference, if the powers-that-be would listen?
- Do you enjoy seeing the effects of your ideas and actions ripple across the entire industry?
If you answered yes to the above, read on!
This position will plan, direct and supervise the corporation's financial affairs to include financial reporting, tax compliance, cost accounting and business planning
- Administers and maintains all corporate financial records including books of original entry, supporting schedules and subsidiary ledgers
- Establishes and maintains all corporate policies related to accounting matters
- Collects and analyzes corporate financial data to provide management with internal reports
- Provides for an annual budgeting and planning process to insure long term financial and business strategy
- Supports all levels of the corporation in budget preparation through training and by providing relevant information when appropriate
- Establishes and maintains cost accounting standards for the corporation to be implemented
- Provides cost accounting expertise through training
- Provides special reporting and analysis of financial information to management
- Establishes procedures for reviewing and approving budgeted expenditure justifications and approvals.
- Develop, execute, measure, and evaluate data and provide accurate reporting, analysis, insights and recommendations to senior level leaders
- Identify and communicate solutions to complex, time-critical or recurring business issues
- Ensure cost savings and business performance improvement initiatives are developed and implemented
- Gain deep understanding of our business, financial, and operational processes
- Manage the preparation of the calendar year operating, G&A and capital budgets
- Support growth and partner of choice initiatives (creation of financial models for proposed new distribution centers, research and production of core market studies)
- Prepare management discussion and analysis of results. This includes the Monthly Financial
- Review with CEO and Executive team
- Participate in quarterly Ops Review meetings to review financial and results and discuss operationally related issues
- Address top growth priorities and lead successful operational conversions on acquisition of new distribution centers
- Directs the installation and maintenance of accounting records to show receipts and expenditures
- Short, mid and long term cash flow analysis and monitoring
- Review journal entries, loan SBA disbursements, accounts payable, cash receipts and reconciliations for accuracy
- Direct the maintenance of general and subsidiary ledgers, accounts receivable, revenue distribution, depreciation, cost, property, and operating expenses, and insurance records
- Prepare statements and reports of estimated future costs and revenues
- Verify proper application of accounting principles and regulatory requirements
- Provide guidance and direction to all teammates for professional development and to insure adherence to all company policies
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics, Business, Math, or other quantitative degree required
- MBA preferred
- CPA required
- Ten plus years experience in Accounting required
- Experience with Netsuite or similar software a plus.
- Advanced computer proficiency in Excel
- Distribution experience preferred, but not required
- Intermediate computer proficiency and skills Microsoft Office including Word, PowerPoint