pictureline is looking to add an experienced PHP programmer to our growing web team! We need a candidate that is ready and willing to improve the functionality of our Magento e-commerce website, making it one of the sweetest photo retailer sites out there.
Our ideal candidate is an extremely proactive self-starter with a passion for programming and a penchant for detail-oriented thinking. Our team works closely together and takes on all of the responsibility for making things happen, so we need someone willing to not only code like a ninja, but to also pitch in ideas and be an integral member of our innovative team. We are looking for a programmer with past e-commerce experience, and experience with Magento Enterprise is an enormous plus!
At this time, the position is contract to hire with the possibility of full-time employment.
- Develop, program, and test functionalities on the website, helping us to increase sales and maintain a top-notch user experience
- Develop solutions by studying the company's e-commerce needs. You'll need to study our system's flow, data usage, and work processes and investigate problem areas.
- Meet project requirements on time while producing maintainable code
- Stay on top of emerging technologies and share important findings with the team
- Maintain existing code while building a solid understanding of how the site is built and how changes affect existing parts
- Extremely proactive self-starter with no problem self managing
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Ability to see a project through from start to finish with a firm understanding of how the site functions
- Team player that can easily interact with the other team members to maintain a positive and innovative work environment
- Time management skills that allow you to ensure deadlines are consistently met
- Fully test and troubleshoot your own work, ensuring high-quality, error-free results
- Clearly communicate with the team in both written and verbal form
- Calmly and professionally handle last-minute changes. Flexibility is key in this fast-paced environment!
Skills and Requirements
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science and Engineering or equivalent combination of education and experience
- 4 years experience in developing web-based applications
- Experience developing in LAMP environments
- Experience with creating and maintaining Magento e-commerce sites is strongly preferred, though not required.
Indeed - 4 months ago