No H1B's please
We are looking for UI Developers who considers themselves one part designer. Someone with a strong visual sense who is able to implement the designs as specified and build creative solutions for when there are gaps in the designs and specifications.
projekt202 designs the user interfaces for software applications. They range from Web Apps to Desktop Apps to Mobile. In addition to this design work, projekt202 implements the front-end “Views” and custom control libraries for the designs we create. We engage with many types and sizes of companies and create a wide range of highly usable software experiences.
The primary technologies that we implement for are Adobe Flex, and Microsoft’s WPF/Silverlight. We do not expect candidates to be fluent in both sets of technology, but do expect a certain level of experience in at least one. We work in an environment that fosters learning and recognize the many similarities with these two technologies.
- Bachelor and/or Master Degree in a Relevant Field of Study (i.e. Computer Science, Web Development, Graphic Design, New Media, Engineering, Liberal Arts, etc.)
- 3 years professional experience with UI Development.
- At least 6 months of experience with Adobe Flex or WPF/Silverlight
- Experience with Visual Studio, Expression Blend, and Adobe Flex Builder is ideal
- Efficient at working without losing attention to detail
- General understanding of UI design principles
- Strong understanding of desktop and web UI conventions, and control states.
- Comfortable opening up Photoshop and Illustrator to tweak screens or create additional icon states.
- Positive attitude, proactive and helpful
- Strong listening and communication skills
- UI Developer is responsible for building the front-end aspects of software applications.
- UI Developer is responsible for styling basic form controls, creating custom controls that have been invented by our designers
- UI Developer is responsible for laying out screens to match visual comps, and wiring up interactions.
- UI Developer is responsible for working with markup code and front-end styling
- UI Developer is responsible for collaborating with other disciplines for the production and delivery of project deliverables
- UI Developer is responsible for evaluating complex and multifaceted designs.
- UI Developer is responsible for creating technical solutions according to interaction/visual specifications and client specific environment
- UI Developer is responsible for writing some technical specifications and screencasts to aid in knowledge transfer
- UI Developer is responsible for staying abreast of new technical trends in front-end technology
- UI Developer is responsible for being able to learn new tools and technologies quickly.
- The UI Developer has several other secondary responsibilities to support their teams and the company as a whole, including:
- UI Developer is responsible for supporting clients’ development team with answering questions and implementing feedback
- UI Developer is responsible for assisting in the technical strategy and approach to implementation through collaboration with client
- UI Developer is responsible for answering questions on the capabilities of chosen technology
- UI Developer is responsible for enjoying the frequent Happy Hours that we have around Austin!
Reports To: Director of UI Development
Must be local
About the Company:
As one of the fastest growing companies in the US, projekt202 is the world leader in applying design research to the development of mobile, web, and workplace software. The company is actively changing the way people interact with technology around the world. Recognized by Gartner for setting the standard for the way modern businesses develop software, projekt202 builds emotionally rich and intuitive solutions that enable customers and end-users to access the full potential of technology in today’s connected world.
projekt202 has spent the last ten years creating and bringing to market compelling experiences through Experience Strategy & Design Research, Interaction & Visual Design, Application Development, and Digital Marketing. For more information, visit www.projekt202.com or find us on twitter, @projekt202.