Job Title: equate Manager
Work Location: Buffalo, NY
Reports To: Chief Operating Officer
Supervises: equate Operator
The Assistant equate Manager is responsible for permitting, land base management, and coordinating operations of the effluent management division for the respective regional quasar energy group anaerobic digestion facilities.
- Manage operations of effluent management by maintaining effluent movement from the digesters in an Environmental Protection Agency (EPA)-approved fashion.
- Maintain timely and effective communication with customers, prospects, and staff leading to effluent management objectives.
- Management of Fertilizer Storage Ponds including operating the tractor pump, collecting daily effluent samples and inflow/outflow data if applicable.
- Responsible for performing miscellaneous labor duties involved in the preparation for hauling material from either the lagoon or digester for field application.
- Responsible for flagging buffer areas in farm fields where material is not applied.
- Responsible for successful ongoing land application and will require familiarity with regulatory programs, nutrient management, and site restrictions.
- Responsible for obtaining soil samples as required.
- Assist with development of Beneficial Use Application (BUA) permits of farm ground the respective quasar AD facility through the EPA Division of Surface Water (or similar entity).
- Ongoing evaluation of methods to make BUA practices more efficient.
- Report agronomic loading rate calculations and reports to supervisor and farmers in BUA program
- Must be familiar with quasar’s anaerobic digestion facility operations on a basic level.
- Inspect and clean machines and equipment for hazards, operating efficiency, malfunctions, wear, and leaks.
- Inspect equipment and facilities to locate needed repairs; perform general plan maintenance and routine repairs as needed.
- Maintain all treatment facility buildings and grounds, responsible for keeping the site clean and organized at all times; participate in snow removal as required. Monitor alarms and assist in corrective action.
- May be cross-trained to operate quasar energy group’s anaerobic digestion facilities.
Required Physical and Environmental Demands:
- This is a physical job, requiring significant stamina and mobility to work with and around motorized equipment.
- Must be able to perform required lifting, standing, sitting, walking, bending, reaching, climbing, push/pull, repetitive use of hands, grasping use of hands, visual activity, hearing activity, speech to perform office and field tasks.
- Will be exposed to noise, odor, and biohazards at anaerobic digesters, feedstock generation sites, and lab.
- Must be willing and able to work non-regular hours, including overtime, weekends and holidays as required.
Education, Experience and Skills Required:
- Bachelor degree in related field (such as Agronomy, Agricultural Engineering, Environmental Management, etc.)
- Must have a valid driver’s license
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience with agriculture, fertilizer, organic residuals, land application, and/or reclamation is preferred.
- Must have familiarity with environmental regulations and/or compliance management.
- Must be detail-oriented and have excellent organizational skills.
- Working knowledge of Excel, Microsoft Word & Outlook
- Must be team-oriented to support projects and deadlines, but must be able to excel when working independently.
- Maintain professional attitude and ability to perform in a progressive, fast paced environment.
- Working knowledge of GIS programs, such as ArcMap, required.
Employee Acknowledgement: This job description describes the general nature and level of work performed by the employee assigned to this position. It does not state or imply that these are the only duties and responsibilities assigned to the job. The employee may be required to perform other job related duties as requested. All requirements are subject to change and to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with a disability.
Indeed - 11 months ago
copy to clipboard -