Job Title: Designer / Drafter
Work Location: 1363 Gerlaugh Drive
Wooster, OH 44691
Reports To: Design Engineer & Chief Operating Officer
Salary Range: $32,000 - $35,000
The Designer prepares detailed drawings of architectural designs and plans for anaerobic digester systems and structures. The Designer supports the overall project design.
- Uses computer-aided drafting (CAD) to produce a professional set of construction documents.
- Create detailed scale plans for anaerobic digesters.
- Prepare designs according to building code or jurisdiction requirements in order to obtain necessary permits.
- Uses knowledge and experience to create viable layouts, including site design, architectural, structural, utility, and/or piping plans.
- Uses knowledge of best practices to evaluate design feasibility and legality.
- Visit job sites and conduct field measurements when necessary.
- Conduct product research when necessary.
- Make prints as needed.
Required Physical and Environmental Demands:
- Required extended periods of sitting and computer usage.
- Occasional travel via car/airplane as necessary.
Education, Experience and Skills Required:
- Associates Degree in Computer Aided Drafting, Construction Engineering, or related field is required.
- Must have 1-3 years of experience in architectural drafting or construction field.
- Must skilled in usage of AutoCAD.
- Must have experience with Microsoft Office and basic computer skills.
- Must have strong attention to detail.
- Should have strong interpersonal communication skills.
- Must be able to work well independently and collaborate with others.
Employee Acknowledgement: This job description describes the general nature and level of work performed by the employee assigned to this position. It does not state or imply that these are the only duties and responsibilities assigned to the job. The employee may be required to perform other job related duties as requested. All requirements are subject to change and to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with a disability.