Job Title: Maintenance Mechanic
Work Location: Engineering Office
1363 Gerlaugh Drive
Travel to all quasar facilities required on a daily basis
Reports To: Chief Operating Officer
The Maintenance Mechanic is responsible for the planning and coordination of preventative maintenance at quasar’s anaerobic digestion facilities. Qualified candidates should be familiar with maintaining and troubleshooting mechanical, hydraulic, and electrical equipment and energy systems. The Maintenance Mechanic will collaborate with design engineers to continuously improve custom machinery and process equipment for reliability.
- Under limited supervision, the Maintenance Mechanic must perform work of considerable difficulty in the repair and maintenance of equipment, including diagnosing, rebuilding and repairing equipment as required.
- Regularly communicates with quasar management and plant operators on status of required and anticipated maintenance needs
- Directly supports sales/marketing with system descriptions and specifications
- Design and execute tests to analyze the feasibility, design, operation, and performance of equipment, components and systems
- Commissions new facilities and processes
- Supports plant operations by assisting with maintenance training and activities, troubleshooting, and design improvements on mechanical, electrical, and hydraulic systems
- Solicits quotations for equipment procurement and makes purchasing recommendations as requested by supervisor
Required Physical and Environmental Demands:
- This is a physical job, requiring significant stamina and mobility to work with and around motorized equipment. Must be able to lift, stand, sit, walk, bend, reach, grasp, climb, push/pull, and work at heights up to 40 feet and in confined spaces. May be required to move up to 80 pounds on occasion.
- Will need to have visual acuity, good hearing activity, and ability to communicate clearly and quickly in person and via telephone. Candidate must be able to respond quickly to signals to avoid injury or equipment leaks.
- Required to work with a computer; must have vision to read printed materials and a VDT screen
- Must be aware of and follow all safety procedures and OSHA requirements
- Must wear company-provided uniforms and safety gear. May be exposed to waste water treatment sludge and/or effluent
- Will be exposed to outdoor weather conditions during course of work activities, including heat, snow, and inclement weather
- Must be able to be on call in case of plant emergencies or incidents
- Must be willing to work overtime, shift work, weekends, flexible hours and holidays
Education, Experience and Skills Required:
- Certification or degree in Diesel Technology, Automotive Technology or related field preferred
- Must be able to operate independently with minimal management oversight
- Must be able to work well under pressure and within time constraints
- Must demonstrate excellent problem solving skills and creativity
Employee Acknowledgement: This job description describes the general nature and level of work performed by the employee assigned to this position. It does not state or imply that these are the only duties and responsibilities assigned to the job. The employee may be required to perform other job related duties as requested. All requirements are subject to change and to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with a disability.
Indeed - 20 months ago
copy to clipboard