POSITION: DIETARY SUPERVISOR
- Graduation from high school or equivalent preferred
- Completion of the Dietetic Assistant Correspondence Course
- ServSafe Certification preferred
- Ability to push/lift and maneuver 40lb. food & nourishment carts.
- One year supervised experience in a hospital or other long term care facility
- Knowledge in using basic equipment (slicer, mixer, coffee maker, blender, food processor, dishwasher, etc.)
- Ability to present themselves in a neat, clean, reliable, and pleasant manner
- Able to learn and follow directions, and to lead and/or direct others
- Ability to take initiative and work with creativity
- Ability to work harmoniously and cooperatively with co-workers and hospital
- Directs and supervises the activities of dietary employees
- Participates in the selection and termination of employees
- Orients, instructs and evaluates employees annually or as needed.
- Prepares time schedules, vacation schedules, work assignments, and task assignments for each employee.
- Reviews disciplinary actions and labor related problems with the dietitian; issues letters of warning when necessary.
- Directs and/or participates in the preparation of food within in an established production system according to standardized recipes, preparation and service methods and food handling techniques to insure quality standards
- Carries out the master menu plan, adjusts for nutritionally equivalent substitutes, leftovers and emergencies and modifies routine diets or menus according to established pattern. Records menu changes
- Purchases foods, supplies and equipment according to established specifications and procedures. Checks in deliveries, maintains cost and receiving records meal count, etc.
- Supervises sanitation and housekeeping procedures as scheduled within the department; maintains safety standards
- Relates to and/or coordinates departmental concerns with the dietitian and/or administrator
- Attends department head meetings and other staff meetings as required
- Visits patients routinely; maintains carded, diet list and diet count up to date. Supervises closely that diets are served as prescribed. Meets with charge nurse and activity director as needed.
- Visits new patients regarding food likes and dislikes; initiates the nutritional assessment and records dietary input into patient care plan. Reviews patient nutritional status quarterly making appropriate progress notes and patient care plan review. Informs dietitian of entries for review and countersignature. Monitors patient weight changes and reviews with dietitian.
- Maintains required departmental records, i.e. personnel, cost control, menus, dietitians reports, in-service, etc.
- Attends relevant training classes and workshops.