Position: ColdFusion/Flex Software Developer
Software Developer position to develop and maintain a ColdFusion/Flex software application for the U.S. Department of State in Northwest Washington, D.C.
U.S. Department of State – State Annex 5 (SA-5)
American Pharmacists Association Building
2200 C Street, NW
This location is approximately a five block walk from the Foggy Bottom – GWU Metro station. This project requires the developer to be onsite at the client location. Work is in a secure environment.
U.S. Citizenship is required; Secret clearance preferred. Can sponsor for clearance
- 5-7 years’ experience as a ColdFusion Developer coding, designing and optimizing high-profile web applications that have a world-wide customer base.
- 1+ years’ experience with Flex and ActionScript and associated frameworks such as Cairngorm, Mate, PureMVC, Swiz, Hibernate.
- Experience with technologies and protocols such as SOAP, REST, JSON, AMF, HTML, CSS, etc.
- Experience developing applications that mitigate or avoid security risks such as those described in the OWASP Top 10.
- Knowledge of 508 Compliance regulations and the ability to develop 508 compliant applications.
- Knowledge of web design and usability principles and standards.
- Ability to extend existing code base or develop new code using proven best practice patterns and coding standards.
- Proven ability to design and implement efficient solutions that meet functional requirements, are extensible and can be easily maintained.
- Knowledge and use of Configuration Management Tools such as Source Safe or StarTeam and Microsoft SharePoint (code and document check-in/out)
- Solid understanding of OOP
- Oracle database experience
- Strong PL/SQL skills
- Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in computer science or information technology or equivalent work experience
- Ability to accurately estimate LOE for development work and meet deliverable dates is a must.
- Strong communication, organization, and coordination skills – the developer will have interaction with clients and key stakeholders
- Excellent customer management/internal consulting skills a must.
- Excellent interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills
- Self motivated and team player
- Solutions oriented with strong follow-up ability
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to define system requirements.
- A minimum of 2 years experience working with federal government clients desired
- Experience working in CMMI Level 2 and above environments desirable
- Secret Clearance desirable
About the Project:
Until recently, State Department embassies (“Posts”) had no standardized reporting system to track and document public diplomacy programs and measure progress towards achieving key U.S. foreign policy objectives. A centralized measurement system was needed to track, monitor and evaluate the impact of public diplomacy activities, as well as offer public diplomacy practitioners a practical tool for strategic planning purposes. With the dramatic of expansion of public diplomacy programs after September 11, the General Accountability Office (GAO) and the Office of Management and Budget (OMB) recommended that public diplomacy activities at the U.S. Department of State achieve greater accountability and efficiency through the incorporation of performance measurement and management practices. In response, the Mission Activity Tracker (MAT) was developed.
MAT is a high profile web-based application used by State Department employees world-wide. MAT provides its users with the ability to capture qualitative and quantitative data (inputs, outputs, and outcomes) about public diplomacy activities that engage foreign audiences; it also provides customized reports to assist Posts evaluate their progress towards meeting key U.S. foreign policy objectives.
The team is comprised of a Program Manager, a Project Manager, an Oracle DBA, a Technical Support Analyst and a Developer. A second developer is needed to help finish the upgrade as well as develop planned enhancements and changes.