- Process prescriptions and resolve third party rejections
- Retrive and file prescriptions appropriately according to federal and state law
- Access, input and retrieve information from the computer
- Maintain a clean, organized and professional pharmacy department
- Maintain customer/patient confidentiality according to HIPAA and company standards
- Be able to multitask in different areas of the establishment
- Perform all register transactions and assist in front store operations when needed
- Answer telephone calls
- Assist with putting away drug orders
- Assist Pharmacist in preparing out of stock orders and partial fills
- Assist in maintaining clean shelfs and pulling out expiring meds and recall medications from the shelf
- Work as a team member in ensuring overall success of the establishment
- Abide with the rules and regulations of the state and federal law
Work experience: Previous retail experience preferred especially in an independent setting. Experience in front store and DME is also preferred. Previous experience in compounding pharmacy preferred but not required. Retail sales experience
Skills: Bilingual in English and Spanish. Good typing skills. Good computer skills, Windows, MS word, excel. Good communication and personal skills. Excellent customer service skills.
Education: High School Diploma or equivalent. Certified Pharmacy technicians are welcomed to apply.