1st national career center 327 west 36th st, manhattan, NY,

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (1 to 50 of 63)
Page:   1  2  Next »   Last »

Mima in Bronx, New York

10 months ago

Please some one help me. I found this place on Craigslist! It just said come in for an interview for Front Dest Attendant! I went to the interview and was told to bring social security card, identification card, resume, and $70.00 for the License Course. When I got their a lady named Ms.Torres took all my information! She made photo copies and took all my money! She then said I had to sign a paper! When I tried to read the paper and what it was for she rushed me out so fast! She said I owe her $209, I said how? She said the security guard license is $279 but you can pay it whenever you get a chance! I said we'll I don't have $279, no one told me that. She said try and get the money and we will get you a job. So on my way back home, I was reading the contract and that's when it said non refundable! I was crying becuase that's the only money I have left! I called to see if I would get my $70.00 back becuase I was not interested and she said no I told you that! I'm suing that company!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (38) / No (13) Reply - Report abuse

Jenna in Brooklyn, New York

10 months ago

Mima in Bronx, New York said: Please some one help me. I found this place on Craigslist! It just said come in for an interview for Front Dest Attendant! I went to the interview and was told to bring social security card, identification card, resume, and $70.00 for the License Course. When I got their a lady named Ms.Torres took all my information! She made photo copies and took all my money! She then said I had to sign a paper! When I tried to read the paper and what it was for she rushed me out so fast! She said I owe her $209, I said how? She said the security guard license is $279 but you can pay it whenever you get a chance! I said we'll I don't have $279, no one told me that. She said try and get the money and we will get you a job. So on my way back home, I was reading the contract and that's when it said non refundable! I was crying becuase that's the only money I have left! I called to see if I would get my $70.00 back becuase I was not interested and she said no I told you that! I'm suing that company!!!

Did you sign the paper? If you did, then you basically gave them to right to take the money. I went through the same thing and I am upset, just like you, but I realize I can't do anything about it. I say as future reference, make sure you know the company first hand so that you can do your research on them. Take this as a lesson and don't ever give out money to anyone unless it is accredited or will guarantee you a job. I am taking this advice with me as well, so that it wont happen again.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

nycpro9

10 months ago

I read your complaint with this company. I went for an interview with them yesterday at 327 West 36th street 12th floor and had a 12pm interview with a Mr Taylor. I spoke with him on the phone. I was interviewing for referral placement for a front desk job. He never came out. There are signs all over their glass walls that say the following: IF YOU THINK THIS IS A SCAM THEN DON'T WAIST OUR TIME. LEAVE THE PREMISES. I have never seen signs posted like this at any interview I've been to. That raised a red flag indicating they are guilty of running a scam operation.

I waited 30 minutes and Mr Taylor sent sent a women out to interview me. The first thing she said is that you have to pay $80 for the training. She got on the defensive with me when I started asking her questions. Lucky me I read her like a book and didn't give her my money. I got into a verbal argument and called them out on their scam operation. They kicked me out so fast. I reported them to craigslist and all other sites they advertise on. My next step is calling the Department of Consumer Affairs.

DON'T WAIST YOUR TIME WITH THEM. THEY SAY THEY ARE NOT A SCHOOL OR AGENCY BUT A REFERRAL SERVICE. THEY TAKE YOUR MONEY BUT DON'T REFER YOU TO ANYONE.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (18) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

lrivera1220 in Elizabeth, New Jersey

9 months ago

I just received a call myself stating they have jobs in New York and New Jersey and I have to give 100.00 dollars for the training. I guess I wont be going

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

kc

9 months ago

I got one last week saying same stuff you guys said and I knew it was a scam bc you not ever pay for training or less you already got the job . I think we all should get them in trouble .

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No Reply - Report abuse

eagertofly in Craigavon, United Kingdom

9 months ago

Actually just because one signs a piece of paper does not mean it is always enforceable. Report this company ASAP to Department of consumer affairs. Also if they are trading in multiple states then that becomes Federal. You do have rights and do not have to accept because you signed the piece of paper that it is over. However it might take some time and nothing may happen. But do not be afraid to find the rules out and see who can help you.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Happy Happy Happy in New York, New York

9 months ago

kc said: I got one last week saying same stuff you guys said and I knew it was a scam bc you not ever pay for training or less you already got the job . I think we all should get them in trouble .

there comes a time when you are not qualified to get a job or have a college degree, you need some type of training or certification. I went to them and I paid for the classes plus I paid for my license, now they sent me to a company called Allied Risk, guess what, I am a working mom who can now pay the bills. Thanks 1st National.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (10) Reply - Report abuse

only in new york in New York, New York

9 months ago

Mima in Bronx, New York said: Please some one help me. I found this place on Craigslist! It just said come in for an interview for Front Dest Attendant! I went to the interview and was told to bring social security card, identification card, resume, and $70.00 for the License Course. When I got their a lady named Ms.Torres took all my information! She made photo copies and took all my money! She then said I had to sign a paper! When I tried to read the paper and what it was for she rushed me out so fast! She said I owe her $209, I said how? She said the security guard license is $279 but you can pay it whenever you get a chance! I said we'll I don't have $279, no one told me that. She said try and get the money and we will get you a job. So on my way back home, I was reading the contract and that's when it said non refundable! I was crying becuase that's the only money I have left! I called to see if I would get my $70.00 back becuase I was not interested and she said no I told you that! I'm suing that company!!!

How can you sue a company when you went into it with your eyes wide open, you never walk out of anyone office without fully understanding. I went there also and they told me about the training and how I have to pay. I knew I didn't have any training but when I paid my fees and license, I got a job. sometimes you have to pay to get a job if you don't have the license.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

only in new york in New York, New York

9 months ago

nycpro9 said: I read your complaint with this company. I went for an interview with them yesterday at 327 West 36th street 12th floor and had a 12pm interview with a Mr Taylor. I spoke with him on the phone. I was interviewing for referral placement for a front desk job. He never came out. There are signs all over their glass walls that say the following: IF YOU THINK THIS IS A SCAM THEN DON'T WAIST OUR TIME. LEAVE THE PREMISES. I have never seen signs posted like this at any interview I've been to. That raised a red flag indicating they are guilty of running a scam operation.

I waited 30 minutes and Mr Taylor sent sent a women out to interview me. The first thing she said is that you have to pay $80 for the training. She got on the defensive with me when I started asking her questions. Lucky me I read her like a book and didn't give her my money. I got into a verbal argument and called them out on their scam operation. They kicked me out so fast. I reported them to craigslist and all other sites they advertise on. My next step is calling the Department of Consumer Affairs.

DON'T WAIST YOUR TIME WITH THEM. THEY SAY THEY ARE NOT A SCHOOL OR AGENCY BUT A REFERRAL SERVICE. THEY TAKE YOUR MONEY BUT DON'T REFER YOU TO ANYONE.

I went to 36th Street and paid for training which I know I didnt have. I tried alot of things and said let me see this through. I got my license and am now working. Thanks 1st National, mayb I will send some of my friends, they need jobs too.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (13) Reply - Report abuse

I got a job in New York, New York

9 months ago

eagertofly in Craigavon, United Kingdom said: Actually just because one signs a piece of paper does not mean it is always enforceable. Report this company ASAP to Department of consumer affairs. Also if they are trading in multiple states then that becomes Federal . You do have rights and do not have to accept because you signed the piece of paper that it is over. However it might take some time and nothing may happen. But do not be afraid to find the rules out and see who can help you.

Just so you know, Contracts are binding to a point. thats why you must read everything before signing. I went to 1st National, they tried to tell me that I needed some training before I can get a job. I thought why but realized that I did not have a background in security. I took some classes and waited for my license to come in the mail. It took like 3 months but it came. I went back to 1st national for placement and that took another 2 weeks but eventually I got the job. 1st national is ok I had patience so it did pay off.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

admin for 1st national in Brooklyn, New York

9 months ago

first of all on behalf of 1st national i would like to apologize if there was some misunderstanding. Mrs torres could not have told you that the licensing fee is 279.00. When you walk into the office there is a bold sign that stats the prices in plain view and to apply for your license there is a finger printing feee of $102.25 and the application fee of $36.00. Unless Mrs torres calculated wrong or gave you a quote of an additional training class along with those prices, there is some misunderstanding. In order to apply for yoiur license and get fingerprinted you need to obtain an 8 hr pre assignment certificate, and following that certificate you will need a 16 hour on the jon training. Once you receive the 8 hr certificate and you a get fingerprinted and processed by the division of licensing and receive a license we at first national will be more than happy to provide free job placement.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

9 months ago

admin for 1st national in Brooklyn, New York said: first of all on behalf of 1st national i would like to apologize if there was some misunderstanding. Mrs torres could not have told you that the licensing fee is 279.00. When you walk into the office there is a bold sign that stats the prices in plain view and to apply for your license there is a finger printing feee of $102.25 and the application fee of $36.00. Unless Mrs torres calculated wrong or gave you a quote of an additional training class along with those prices, there is some misunderstanding. In order to apply for yoiur license and get fingerprinted you need to obtain an 8 hr pre assignment certificate, and following that certificate you will need a 16 hour on the jon training. Once you receive the 8 hr certificate and you a get fingerprinted and processed by the division of licensing and receive a license we at first national will be more than happy to provide free job placement.

]Please contact us and speak to someone in management and lets sit down and turn this situation into something positive for your self. Getting you the right training that you need to gain employment is our goal. If you are dissatisfied and need to work this out please call us and speak to someone.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (8) Reply - Report abuse

9 months ago

nycpro9 said: I read your complaint with this company. I went for an interview with them yesterday at 327 West 36th street 12th floor and had a 12pm interview with a Mr Taylor. I spoke with him on the phone. I was interviewing for referral placement for a front desk job. He never came out. There are signs all over their glass walls that say the following: IF YOU THINK THIS IS A SCAM THEN DON'T WAIST OUR TIME. LEAVE THE PREMISES. I have never seen signs posted like this at any interview I've been to. That raised a red flag indicating they are guilty of running a scam operation.

The $80 dollars that you were told to bring with you is a registration fee and deposit that reserves you a seat in our training class. upon beginning the training the remainder of the fees are due. We ask you to bring such fees to your appointment because we ned to sit down and speak with you about the type of job you are seeking and the training you will need to satisfy the requirements of the job. By having a certain amount for a deposit alows you to be prepared in the event you want to move forward with the training that you and the rep decide is best for you. We have posted signs about being viewed as a scam for the same reason that you are posting this ad in indeed.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (8) Reply - Report abuse

9 months ago

admin for 1st national in Brooklyn, New York said: The $80 dollars that you were told to bring with you is a registration fee and deposit that reserves you a seat in our training class. upon beginning the training the remainder of the fees are due. We ask you to bring such fees to your appointment because we ned to sit down and speak with you about the type of job you are seeking and the training you will need to satisfy the requirements of the job. By having a certain amount for a deposit alows you to be prepared in the event you want to move forward with the training that you and the rep decide is best for you. We have posted signs about being viewed as a scam for the same reason that you are posting this ad in indeed. There are a lot of companies in our industry that aren't doing the right thing, and are not providing the service that you and over people like yourself need. So that we try to stand out as much as possible and let people know that we aren't a scam. Maybe that signage is a bit bold for you. But it prompts conversation right in the office by concerned clients and we are able to expelling to them where we stand and show them how we stand apart from the guys that aren't doing what they are supposed to. If there was some misunderstanding with mrs taylor and words were exchanged we want to correct the situations get in touch with us and speak to someone in management.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

eagertofly in Belfast, United Kingdom

9 months ago

I got a job in New York, New York said: Just so you know, Contracts are binding to a point. thats why you must read everything before signing. I went to 1st National, they tried to tell me that I needed some training before I can get a job. I thought why but realized that I did not have a background in security. I took some classes and waited for my license to come in the mail. It took like 3 months but it came. I went back to 1st national for placement and that took another 2 weeks but eventually I got the job. 1st national is ok I had patience so it did pay off.

Yes you said it binding to a point. The issue is that most people will not pay the money to fight them especially when they have paid a small fee to begin with. People have the right to change their minds even after signing a piece of paper.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

concerned about what you think in Brooklyn, New York

9 months ago

lrivera1220 in Elizabeth, New Jersey said: I just received a call myself stating they have jobs in New York and New Jersey and I have to give 100.00 dollars for the training. I guess I wont be going
what you probably heard was that their are jobs available in new jersey and new york city. but Each state has different requirements fir the job opportunities that are available in security. the training and the licensing process is different. Please call us and speak to someone in management. forget about the 100.00 dollars. lets provide you with the right information you need to make a proper decision about how to be gainfully employed. The issue is not whether there are are jobs in jersey and new york city . There are plant of jobs in security. The question is are you qualified and properly trained. We at Ist national would love the opportunity for you to speak to someone and see how we can best assist you. But you have to take the first step to contact us.

WE APLOGIZE FOR THE ERRORS AND ISSUES THAT ARISE . WE ARENT PEERFECT. BUT WE WILL BE THE FIRST TO EXTEND OUR HANDS OUT TO WORK THROUGH ANY SITUATION AND MAKE AN ATTEMPT TO RESOLVE THE SITUATION. ANYONE WHO HAS ANY ISSUES WITH US PLEASE GET IN TOOUCH WITH MANAGEMENT SO WE CAN WORK THIS OUT.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

concerned about what you think in Brooklyn, New York

9 months ago

concerned about what you think in Brooklyn, New York said: what you probably heard was that their are jobs available in new jersey and new york city. but Each state has different requirements fir the job opportunities that are available in security. the training and the licensing process is different. Please call us and speak to someone in management. forget about the 100.00 dollars. lets provide you with the right information you need to make a proper decision about how to be gainfully employed. The issue is not whether there are are jobs in jersey and new york city . There are plant of jobs in security. The question is are you qualified and properly trained. We at Ist national would love the opportunity for you to speak to someone and see how we can best assist you. But you have to take the first step to contact us.

WE APLOGIZE FOR THE ERRORS AND ISSUES THAT ARISE . WE ARENT PEERFECT. BUT WE WILL BE THE FIRST TO EXTEND OUR HANDS OUT TO WORK THROUGH ANY SITUATION AND MAKE AN ATTEMPT TO RESOLVE THE SITUATION. ANYONE WHO HAS ANY ISSUES WITH US PLEASE GET IN TOUCH WITH MANAGEMENT SO WE CAN WORK THIS OUT.

Thanks!!!

concerned about what you think in New York, New York

9 months ago

concerned about what you think in Brooklyn, New York said: what you probably heard was that their are jobs available in new jersey and new york city. but Each state has different requirements fir the job opportunities that are available in security. the training and the licensing process is different. Please call us and speak to someone in management. forget about the 100.00 dollars. lets provide you with the right information you need to make a proper decision about how to be gainfully employed. The issue is not whether there are are jobs in jersey and new york city . There are plant of jobs in security. The question is are you qualified and properly trained. We at Ist national would love the opportunity for you to speak to someone and see how we can best assist you. But you have to take the first step to contact us.

WE APOLOGIZE FOR THE ISSUES THAT ARISE . WE ARENT PEERFECT. BUT WE WILL BE THE FIRST TO EXTEND OUR HANDS OUT TO WORK THROUGH ANY SITUATION AND MAKE AN ATTEMPT TO RESOLVE IT. ANYONE WHO HAS ANY ISSUES WITH US PLEASE GET IN TOUCH WITH MANAGEMENT SO WE CAN WORK THIS OUT.

THANKS!!!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

concerned about the services we provide in New York, New York

9 months ago

kc said: I got one last week saying same stuff you guys said and I knew it was a scam bc you not ever pay for training or less you already got the job . I think we all should get them in trouble .

I seriously beg to differ, even though I do see where you are coming from in terms being hired for a job and then they provide you the training to better equip you to do your job. But in the case of security in particular at this moment where security companies are scaling back on their budgets for training, You cannot work until you are properly licensed. In the case of security in order to receive your license you must get fingerprinted, which cost. In order to be fingerprinted you must have an 8hr pre-assignment certificate. And the training cost.

Now if everyone that is looking for a job gets as much training as they can to compete( their 16hr, cpr, metal detection etc), and not just the mandatory 8 hour pre-assignment that is minimally required to get a license, and they pay for it, when a company is looking for the best possible person for the job. who will they decide upon---the people with alot training and certificates or the person that has just an 8hr. pre-assignment? In security the license that you need is none other than the physical proof that for a certain period of time the license was issued, your background is cleared , and you haven't any felony convictions. This background clearance and the training is essential in order to work, and the process can't be backwards---be hired then trained then have a background check, then finger printed.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

Truth77 in Brooklyn, New York

9 months ago

OH, and "Concerned..." I see right through you!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

9 months ago

ALREADY CONTACTED HELP ME HOWARD. LET'S HOPE HE TAKES ON MY CASE...CAN'T WAIT TO EXPOSE THESE PEOPLE!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

concerned in New York, New York

8 months ago

Truth77 in Brooklyn, New York said: OH, and "Concerned..." I see right through you!!!

You don't know me from adam, all I see in you is a person who did not understand what he was getting into,sure there are programs that help people, I'm all for it but at the end of the day why hate on agencies which provides services so that you can also get your life together, you want it now and I mean now sence without it costing you a penny, cool Im all for that also but listen friend, when you reach the point that life deals many options, we just say choose wisely,We all have to live and provide for our families. Dont hate so hard, if something was not right, why didnt you see someone in charge to correct it, there are steps to reach your point but you chose the later. Next time follow up, it could have been in your favor.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

RubyBrown87 in Newark, New Jersey

8 months ago

First of all, I spent $392 for nothing on 08/12/13 to apply for a maintenance position starting from $15-$18 an hour. I am a certified electrician apprentice who obtained all my qualifications from Edison JobCorps Academy in Edison, NJ for FREE!!!!!!...I have my OSHA 10-hour cert, Hilti license cert, NRF customer service cert, all for free. The only thing that I obtained from 1st national was a CPR card that I should of got from redcross for free!!!. I have spoken to a Mr. Younger from the beginning who told me about this "maintenance position" and he never has followed up with me. The maintenance position never existed because when I spoke with a Frank Tolbert who is the placement director at 1st national, told me he doesn't know why the employees there post up these fictitious ads on craigslist. Frank Tolbert took over and it took him well over 2 weeks to find me an interview with Spotless Services Inc in Manhattan, NY. I have saved text messages from Frank Tolbert confirming an interview with Spotless Services Inc. Before I continue, I think that is very unprofessional to conduct business through text messages and I have the proof on how unhelpful Frank Tolbert was. When I arrived at Spotless Services Inc for the "confirmed interview", no one know who I was or better yet, wasn't even expecting me. I spoke to the manager at spotless services and she said she never spoke to frank tolbert or even confirmed for my interview to be conducted. The manager called frank tolbert and spoke to him in front of me telling him how unprofessional he was and to never send another person to spotless services inc. I have still have the saved video recorded conversation between frank tolbert and the manager, also frank tolbert lied as well. The same day I went back to 1st national to make a complaint and I spoke to Robert Wragge, who is the supervisor at 1st national. He wasn't much of help nether because he kept making come back and forth to the office just to meet with a Adam West

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

RubyBrown87 in Newark, New Jersey

8 months ago

Continuation from above:

Adam west was also another placement director who didnt really find me any jobs. I wasted my money traveling to their office just to meet Adam West when they could of just discussed this over the phone, or through text messages since that is how 1st national conducts their unprofessional business. Robert Wragge supposedly had set-up another interview for me at Myclean cleaning services in Manhanttan, NY with the director of human resources who is a "close buddy" of his. I went to the scheduled interview to meet the the director of human resources, and not to my surprise, one of the receptionist told few others and I that the director will not be coming to the office today to conduct any interviews. I contacted Robert Wragge and told him of this event and he stated he will call the director to schedule another interview. I have not spoken to Robert Wragge again in about a month. I was then called about 2 weeks ago from one of the receptionist at 1st national who tried to do a follow up with me. I told her what was my status and demanded that 1st national does not harass me ever again. I told her I will not pay another penny until they have a definite job for me. I still have yet to hear from her. In conclusion to all of this, Ive learned my lesson not to trust another business like 1st national career center. It is ashamed on how inhumane they are and how they take people's money regardless of their situation. I am a father of four children who is still unemployed and searching for work on my own so that I can provide for my family. Do you think 1st national even considered that when they took my $400 from me??? No they didn't. I too have also filed a complaint with the DCA and pray to God that 1st national gets shutdown and they refund all the money they owe back to everyone. I dont care if my comment is removed or reported as abuse, but I know I will do whatever in my power to make sure that everyone knows about 1st national's scam.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

8 months ago

concerned in New York, New York said: You don't know me from adam, all I see in you is a person who did not understand what he was getting into,sure there are programs that help people, I'm all for it but at the end of the day why hate on agencies which provides services so that you can also get your life together, you want it now and I mean now sence without it costing you a penny, cool Im all for that also but listen friend, when you reach the point that life deals many options, we just say choose wisely,We all have to live and provide for our families. Dont hate so hard, if something was not right, why didnt you see someone in charge to correct it, there are steps to reach your point but you chose the later. Next time follow up, it could have been in your favor.

Concerned, are you serious? I want something for nothing? Is that the route you're going to take? I know that nothing comes free in this world. What I have been illustrating in my posts are the exorbitant fees First National is charging people (which is unnecessary) and that the services they provide in the long run are worthless. That's the truth, buddy! Not a fabrication. First National can never HELP anybody b/c they are scam artists, get it?

You don't fool me. I'm almost sure you work for them. Why on earth would you be commenting so much?

As far as not knowing what I was getting into,let me ask you something. Why doesn't First National just tell you up front that they are a referral service before you go in for an "appointment"? Why don't they tell people about the 100 dollar unrefundable fees and the amount of money it SHOULDN'T cost to provide the services they are so certain will help get an applicant a job? They don't do it b/c they know applicants will know they are full of it and actually go through more legit channels like a college or other state sponsored program.

Get your head out of your toukas and stop stanning for people you know are scammers!

Good day.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Matt2014 in East Elmhurst, New York

6 months ago

Today I got a call from NATIONAL CAREER!!! And ms Cruz called... so it enough it was a SCAM!!!! So the lady on the phone spoke so fast I couldn't even understand what she was telling me the first time. Saying on the phone that he had a front desk position, that she needed a security guard for the position. If I could come In for an interview need my social security card, and $80 for orientation!!! Could I come in today or tomorrow for the interview. Now I asked for the address. As soon as I hung up the phone I google the address (which was 327 36th street west in manhattan..., on the 12th FLoor) so I called back to verify and asked if they had a website. She said no no website. Since I started asking questions like, how much will I get paid? When can I start? WHAT is the ORIENTATION fee for??? If I have all my certification ?? Why do I need to resubmit my resume ?? You told be that I had the qualifications?!!!! So then why do I need to pay $80?!!!! At that point she got real NASTY!!! She start to yell on the phone that she doesn't know if I have an felonys that I need to come in for an interview!!!
And sit down with them to review my qualification?!!! Thank god I was smart, I told her I was no longer interested in the JOB!!! Because it's NOT A COMPANY!!!! Google the address?!!!! Look it up!!! BBC has complaints!!! The now say on the phone national careers! But the address is the same 36th street!! GUYS DONT TRUST THIS COMPANY!!! It's a SCAM!!! If it's a real business you should be able to verify it!!!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Matt2014 in East Elmhurst, New York

6 months ago

Your RIGHT!!!! Your local fire department can give you CPR training FREE!!! And yes you can get YOUR OSHA and SECURITY Training In you college!!! You spend Max three days doing it!! You sent the paper from the school to Albany and you get the license in the mail!!!!!

This place is a SCAM!!!!! Because when I started asking questions!!! They told me no I still need to come in for an interview to review my qualifications!!! When I explained to ms Cruz that i don't understand why I need to review my qualification? You called me told me I match your requirements ?!!!! She said no no you still need to come in to have you ORIENTATION!!! Which was $80!!! So she got real nasty with me!!

NO REAL BUSINESS tells you have to pay upfront for classes or orientation or this or that. Unless they told you you got the job! And even then you have to be careful and do ur research!! If you can't verify the company!!!! Then it's a SCAM!!!

Truth77 in Brooklyn, New York said: Go to your local college for security or osha training. It is more affordable and you know you won't have a problem with your license. If you look hard enough and find the college that best fits your financial needs...you can get the 8 hr for 40 dollars and the 16 hour for 80. LOCAL COLLEGES OFFER SECURITY COURSES...PLEASE GO THAT ROUTE AND STAY AWAY FROM FIRST NATIONAL...THEY ARE SCAM ARTISTS AND I HAVE REPORTED THEM TO BBB AND

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

haitiangirl in Clifton, New Jersey

6 months ago

Yes ms.cruz does talk really fast. I have an interview tomorrow and I Will not sign aanything unless its legit

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Truth77 in Hicksville, New York

5 months ago

I will say again, National Career Center, now calling itself National Careers is a scam. You're only way to recoup the money they have duped you out of is to file a complaint with the Dept. Of Consumer Affairs and the Better Business Bureau. Some people on this site were able to get recourse that way. One has already been victorious. If you you need to accomplish anything such as certification or certain classes you can do this by attending your local accredited college. I am in the process of reporting them to the Dept Of Labor. They will meet the same fate as Seedco, which had to return millions to unsuspecting victims under the same type of scam.

I will not rest until their operation is shut down. The process can be speeded up if victims file complaints. It is the first step and the only immediate course of action you can take.

Truth77 in Hicksville, New York

5 months ago

Also, will be e-mailing or sending a letter to the U.S. Dept. Of Justice early next week.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

1st National Career Center in New York, New York

5 months ago

Attention: 1st National career centers is under new management. Any past or current clients who would like to make a complaint or seek better clarification please contact management to resolve your issues. Our mission is to provide a great experience for all clients seeking self empowerment. Once again we apologize for any past inconviences and will do all in our power to rectify clients issues on an individual bases.

Regards,
Management
First Career Center phone is Please ask for office manager.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

5 months ago

Attention: 1st National career centers is under new management. Any past or current clients who would like to make a complaint or seek better clarification please contact management to resolve your issues. Our mission is to provide a great experience for all clients seeking self empowerment. Once again we apologize for any past inconviences and will do all in our power to rectify clients issues on an individual bases.

Regards,
Management

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

5 months ago

Regards,
Management

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

5 months ago

Regards,
Management

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

5 months ago

Truth77 in Hicksville, New York said: Also, will be e-mailing or sending a letter to the U.S. Dept. Of Justice early next week.

Regards,
Management

5 months ago

Truth77 in Hicksville, New York said: I will say again, National Career Center, now calling itself National Careers is a scam. You're only way to recoup the money they have duped you out of is to file a complaint with the Dept. Of Consumer Affairs and the Better Business Bureau. Some people on this site were able to get recourse that way. One has already been victorious. If you you need to accomplish anything such as certification or certain classes you can do this by attending your local accredited college . I am in the process of reporting them to the Dept Of Labor . They will meet the same fate as Seedco, which had to return millions to unsuspecting victims under the same type of scam.

I will not rest until their operation is shut down. The process can be speeded up if victims file complaints. It is the first step and the only immediate course of action you can take.

Regards,
Management

5 months ago

Matt2014 in East Elmhurst, New York said: Your RIGHT!!!! Your local fire department can give you CPR training FREE!!! And yes you can get YOUR OSHA and SECURITY Training In you college !!! You spend Max three days doing it!! You sent the paper from the school to Albany and you get the license in the mail!!!!!

This place is a SCAM!!!!! Because when I started asking questions!!! They told me no I still need to come in for an interview to review my qualifications!!! When I explained to ms Cruz that i don't understand why I need to review my qualification? You called me told me I match your requirements ?!!!! She said no no you still need to come in to have you ORIENTATION!!! Which was $80!!! So she got real nasty with me!!

NO REAL BUSINESS tells you have to pay upfront for classes or orientation or this or that. Unless they told you you got the job! And even then you have to be careful and do ur research!! If you can't verify the company!!!! Then it's a SCAM!!!

Regards,
Management

5 months ago

haitiangirl in Clifton, New Jersey said: Yes ms.cruz does talk really fast. I have an interview tomorrow and I Will not sign aanything unless its legit

Regards,
Management

5 months ago

Regards,
Management

Truth77 in Hicksville, New York said: I will say again, National Career Center, now calling itself National Careers is a scam. You're only way to recoup the money they have duped you out of is to file a complaint with the Dept. Of Consumer Affairs and the Better Business Bureau. Some people on this site were able to get recourse that way. One has already been victorious. If you you need to accomplish anything such as certification or certain classes you can do this by attending your local accredited college . I am in the process of reporting them to the Dept Of Labor . They will meet the same fate as Seedco, which had to return millions to unsuspecting victims under the same type of scam.

5 months ago

Regards,
Management

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

5 months ago

Jenna in Brooklyn, New York said: Did you sign the paper? If you did, then you basically gave them to right to take the money. I went through the same thing and I am upset, just like you, but I realize I can't do anything about it. I say as future reference, make sure you know the company first hand so that you can do your research on them. Take this as a lesson and don't ever give out money to anyone unless it is accredited or will guarantee you a job. I am taking this advice with me as well, so that it wont happen again.

Regards,
Management

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

5 months ago

No, your best bet is to still file with BBB and Department of Consumer Affairs. Unless you are going to return the money that was taken or charge the same exorbitant fees, seeking satisfaction from you will do no one any good.

I suggest everyone let the Dept of Consumer Affairs act as your mediator. Time will tell if "new management" is able to keep its word.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

5 months ago

Letter of inquiry has already been sent to the Dept. of Justice and I informed them of the complaints listed on this site.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

rubybrown87 in Newark, New Jersey

5 months ago

so i thought my complaint would be taken care of, but remember were talking about 1st national career center. 1st national and I made an agreement to pay me back $400 in 4 payments of $100 each Wednesday. I only received $100 and that was 2 weeks ago and have not received anything else yet. I been trying to handle the situation with a Ms. O'brien from 1st national career center, as she is no help either. All the employees there are all the same and do not care about you. She also sent me a text message stating that they are going under new management which is a complete lie. Its interesting trying to figure out who is the actual manager/supervisor there when every employee there claims to be a manager or supervisor. Ms.O'brien also stated in the text message that they will double up on my payment this week since they missed a payment last week. This is something typical they would say. I will still continue my complaint with the better business bureau so that I will receive my full refund from 1st national career center. Once again let me remind everyone who reads this that I have saved text messages, phone call recordings, video recordings between 1st national career center and I, showing there deceitfulness, lies, and unprofessionalism. If I do not receive my full refund soon, then I will begin to publicly post those text messages and recordings very soon

5 months ago

So sorry to hear that Ruby Brown.

You all have another course of action. The Dept. Of Justice will also look into your complaints. You have three options. Call, write or email. Here is the info

I have been asked by Indeed.com not to publish phone numbers, unfortunately. I had to edit my post in that regard.

To write a letter:

U.S. Department Of Justice
950 Pennsylvania Avenue, NW
Washington, DC 20530

To contact by Email:

ASKDOJ@usdoj.gov

I assure you if you contact the Better Business Bureau, the Department of Consumer Affairs AND the Dept. Of Justice you will get your due diligence from one or the other and it won't cost you a dime.

First National's days are numbered.

Good day & God bless

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

5 months ago

So sorry to hear that Ruby Brown.

You all have another course of action. The Dept. Of Justice will also look into your complaints. You have three options. Call, write or email. Here is the info

I have been asked by Indeed.com not to publish phone numbers, unfortunately. I had to edit my post in that regard.

To write a letter:

U.S. Department Of Justice
950 Pennsylvania Avenue, NW
Washington, DC

To contact by Email:

ASKDOJ@usdoj.gov

I assure you if you contact the Better Business Bureau, the Department of Consumer Affairs AND the Dept. Of Justice you will get your due diligence from one or the other and it won't cost you a dime.

First National's days are numbered.

Good day & God bless

5 months ago

This board is weird. I was not allowed to post any numbers on the board. To get the zip code to write to Dept. Of Justice, put the address in search box. The zip code is 20530

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

5 months ago

I see that the entire address was posted. Sorry for the confusion.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

tonda rhodes in New York, New York

5 months ago

rubybrown87 in Newark, New Jersey said: so i thought my complaint would be taken care of, but remember were talking about 1st national career center. 1st national and I made an agreement to pay me back $400 in 4 payments of $100 each Wednesday. I only received $100 and that was 2 weeks ago and have not received anything else yet. I been trying to handle the situation with a Ms. O'brien from 1st national career center, as she is no help either. All the employees there are all the same and do not care about you. She also sent me a text message stating that they are going under new management which is a complete lie. Its interesting trying to figure out who is the actual manager/supervisor there when every employee there claims to be a manager or supervisor. Ms.O'brien also stated in the text message that they will double up on my payment this week since they missed a payment last week. This is something typical they would say. I will still continue my complaint with the better business bureau so that I will receive my full refund from 1st national career center. Once again let me remind everyone who reads this that I have saved text messages, phone call recordings, video recordings between 1st national career center and I, showing there deceitfulness, lies, and unprofessionalism. If I do not receive my full refund soon, then I will begin to publicly post those text messages and recordings very soon

Regards,
Management

Rubybrown87 in Newark, New Jersey

5 months ago

tonda rhodes in New York, New York said: Attention: 1st National career centers is under new management. Any past or current clients who would like to make a complaint or seek better clarification please contact management to resolve your issues. Our mission is to provide a great experience for all clients seeking self empowerment. Once again we apologize for any past inconviences and will do all in our power to rectify clients issues on an individual bases.

Regards,
Management

Interesting on how this is the same tonda Rhodes who lied when I asked her if she worked for first national and she told me no, she works for a place called urban something...I actually have that conversation phone recorded as well...oh and this is the same tonda Rhodes who told me a couple months ago that I was gonna receive my full refund of $400 after 28 days, but I never did...when I confirmed it with Robert wragge of first national, he said he doesn't know why tonda Rhodes would say something like that, which I also have the conversation video recorded...so why should anyone believe that what tonda Rhodes say or anyone else from 1st national!?!...if there was,"new management" wouldn't you think that some people and myself would of already gotten their money back???...1st national is digging their hole deeper, instead of refraining from telling lies and paying back who they rightfully owe...I'm still continuing my process on getting the rest of my $300 in which hasn't been paid to me in about 3 weeks...oh and a receipt showing a $100 payment to me on February 6 2014 still doesn't capitalize on the broken agreement that many of the employees of 1st national did not meet...it's about to be march and 1st national is still saying they're under new management but I still deal with the same employees such as tonda Rhodes, ms. O brien, and Robert wragge since July 2013...so what's the excuse(lie) now???

Page:   1  2  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.