Salaries and Benefits

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (7)

Host

What are the average starting salaries, bonuses, benefits and travel requirements like at 24 Hour Fitness?

What do you like best about working at 24 Hour Fitness? Are there any great perks or special treats for employees?

Reply - Report abuse

S

93 months ago

I worked at 24 hr for a while - between jobs. Sales oucnselors get $7 an hour and have to contact 'so called' warm leads- these are people who have filled in competition slips from boxes places around the City. Or past guests. FOREGT it - yore wasting youre time here - if u want to eat - get a proper job...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (54) / No (18) Reply - Report abuse

Astronaut in mt Helena, California

77 months ago

I agree with 'S'. I currently work for 24 hour fitness and the company is a joke. As a 'trainer' (or should I say sales guy), you get paid $8 /hour for being 'on the clock', in other words, when you're not doing a personal training session. You need several certs to attain any kind of salary to live off. They will reimburse you for some of the certs, but it will take months and months. If you're not selling training then they will expect you to sell supplements. When you do have certs you can earn up to $25/hour (approximately). But it all depends on how busy your schedule is etc. And typically for this industry, people often cancel or fail to turn up. In a nut shell, if you're new to the industry, then work for them, use them, ignore all of the corporate BS and move on to a better job... like digging roads or cleaning peoples windshields at stop signs! I'm not bitter, honest!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (54) / No (15) Reply - Report abuse

mrcabanilas in Montebello, California

65 months ago

I am a full time employee at 24 Hour Fitness, this is my 2nd year as Personal Trainer, and this is the best Job I've ever had, I make more than $5000 dlls a Month (some times more depending on monthly performance bonus) and I would to add that all those who are not making enough is because they are not working enough, as simple as that.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (78) / No (73) Reply - Report abuse

Mac in Salt Lake City, Utah

43 months ago

This company is a terribly bad joke, at least if you work as a Facility Technician like myself. They have zero budget for anything, including light bulbs. You have to wait weeks to get even minor parts, and to get your job done. The joke of the matter is that your manager is in club with you, and he/she holds all the cards with discipline action, hiring/firing, etc. However, when they want you to do something, you have to get permission from Mr. X that is out of state, and 9 times out of 10 he says "NO." Then the wrath of the in club management looms above.

It's a greedy, sales driven operation, and it has no time for human decency or common sense. Make money, and make it now.

Oh, and those jobs you see posted, they probably aren't really available. You see, 24 Hour Fitness has a policy not to take the postings off the website. It's too much of a hassle.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (30) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

xpertrainer in Seattle, Washington

36 months ago

mrcabanilas in Montebello, California said: I am a full time employee at 24 Hour Fitness, this is my 2nd year as Personal Trainer, and this is the best Job I've ever had, I make more than $5000 dlls a Month (some times more depending on monthly performance bonus) and I would to add that all those who are not making enough is because they are not working enough, as simple as that.

You are so full of it. I worked as a master trainer for this terrible company for years. I was an Elite Trainer and a fitness manager at one of their busiest clubs. I never made the money you talk about and none of the trainers or fitness managers anywhere in my district made that kind of money, either. There are several lawsuits active for trainers and employees suing this company for being forced to work off the clock, not getting overtime, etc. Stop coming on here just to support this terrible company.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (107) / No (21) Reply - Report abuse

Bree in Gardena, California

15 months ago

xpertrainer in Seattle, Washington said: You are so full of it. I worked as a master trainer for this terrible company for years. I was an Elite Trainer and a fitness manager at one of their busiest clubs. I never made the money you talk about and none of the trainers or fitness managers anywhere in my district made that kind of money, either. There are several lawsuits active for trainers and employees suing this company for being forced to work off the clock, not getting overtime, etc. Stop coming on here just to support this terrible company.

I am lloking to work as a personal trainer in Seattle. Is it best to just start on my own by word of mouth? I am still a student, and it is hard to adtvertise otherwise.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.