A Place for Mom News and Happenings.

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (9)

Host

What do you think -- is this company going to survive and thrive? Are they looking to expand their staff, or do you think layoffs are inevitable?

How does A Place for Mom stack up against the competition?

Reply - Report abuse

GK in San Antonio, Texas

108 months ago

WOW - I can't say enough bads things about this outfit! They interview strictly by phone. You will never meet anyone! They offer NO PAY. They only pay commission and let you know up front that you won't receive any pay for 4 months! I was hired. I quit my career job, bought a dedicated computer (required), escalated my plans to relocate. I asked questions so I would be better prepared for the position. I was told that I "asked too many questions" and the job offer was rescinded - I was told this only after I could not get responses from anyone after 2 frantic weeks of calling! This happened 10 months ago and I have not recovered financially! BEWARE. Also, this position has been advertised atleast twice in the last 10 months so subsequent "employees" must not have worked out either!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (99) / No (18) Reply - Report abuse

Tracey in Baroda, Michigan

106 months ago

Host said: What do you think -- is this company going to survive and thrive? Are they looking to expand their staff, or do you think layoffs are inevitable?

How does A Place for Mom stack up against the competition?

This company will survive and thrive. It is a posistion you must RESEARCH before accepting. the question is are you being hired for a develpoed market, or is it one that needs delveloping? If it is in need of development, you will do a LOT of free work!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (30) / No (19) Reply - Report abuse

Penelope in Brockton, Massachusetts

99 months ago

Tracey in Baroda, Michigan said: This company will survive and thrive. It is a posistion you must RESEARCH before accepting. the question is are you being hired for a develpoed market, or is it one that needs delveloping? If it is in need of development, you will do a LOT of free work!!!

They don't let you know that when you are interviewing. Sorry, that was too easy -- actually they mislead you about that while you are interviewing. Then, short disclaimer aside that no caller listens to or registers, you are supposed to talk to people as if the properties the company's contracted with are a family's only options. Scary.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (30) / No (8) Reply - Report abuse

smith2 in Phila, Pennsylvania

99 months ago

This company is nothing more then smoke and mirrors. And let's not forget chock full of disgruntled employees that are pitted against each other for the ultimate prize...the coveted professional referrals!

Anyone looking to accept a position with this outfit needs to research all of the lawsuits filed by former employees...in some cases class action suits.

If you go to their website you will be overwhelmed with all of the letters saying how wonderful they are...it smacks of a great need to pump themselves up. Perhaps this is a thinly veiled attempt to overcome all of the bad things that have been brought to light on this blog as well as several others.

A Place for Mom is a joke...check with any assisted living community in your area...they will be happy to share the horror stories with you...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (41) / No (10) Reply - Report abuse

jessica in Stillwater, Minnesota

99 months ago

I agree, this is a terrible and evil company. I spend way too long trying to meet their unrealistic expectations, just to continually be yelled at and put on a corrective action plan.

There is actually a class action law suit in process that included every current employee and past employee up to four years back. . . for unfair wages and unpaid overtime. the lawyer is located in CA and I spoke with him directly.

Also, I had several administrators of "non-partners" bring the problems of this company directly to my attention. . . as they really felt sorry that I worked for such a negative outfit.

Please don't waste your time, as I did mine, with this disquisting thing.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (44) / No (10) Reply - Report abuse

lucyanderson in Charleston, Ohio

75 months ago

This company who is overhiring in spite of the fact that the economy cannot support the current sales staff, much less add more. Now instead of making a reasonable income of $60,000 for a sales job, that income has been cut in half with additional employees sharing the same number of leads and moves. Controlled and reasonable growth is appropriate in areas that are increasing in population. Going from ONE to to THREE or FOUR advisors in a market in 6 months means everyone will make just over minimum wage. Before you take this job, talk to the senior advisor in your market. If they have added even one additional advisor in your market in the past six months, don't bother to apply.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (67) / No (10) Reply - Report abuse

current advisor in Warrington, Pennsylvania

61 months ago

I Love APFM and am making good money. If you work smart you will suceed. It is not a job for the weak. You need to stay on task and you will reap the rewards. Think of it as starting your own business. You are in control of your destiny. These people are bitter b/c they didnt suceed.Its easy to blame others. Makes you feel good. I love this company and plan to grow with them.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (15) / No (17) Reply - Report abuse

waterlover in Seattle, Washington

44 months ago

current advisor in Warrington, Pennsylvania said: I Love APFM and am making good money. If you work smart you will suceed. It is not a job for the weak. You need to stay on task and you will reap the rewards. Think of it as starting your own business . You are in control of your destiny. These people are bitter b/c they didnt suceed.Its easy to blame others. Makes you feel good. I love this company and plan to grow with them.

it seems to me, as someone considering to take a job, that the advisor role is quite different from the lower role?? seattle person considering job

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.