How to get a job at A Place for Mom.

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (6)

Host

Do you work at A Place for Mom? How did you find the job? How did you get that first interview?

Any advice for someone trying to get in?

Reply - Report abuse

GK in San Antonio, Texas

99 months ago

BEWARE!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (23) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Penelope in Brockton, Massachusetts

90 months ago

Really, really, bad idea. Take a week off of work and see if you can find ten people anywhere in the country who are happily making over $40,000 with this outfit. On the other end, note that ultimately they are profiteering on the local government's inability to simplify and streamline access to the multitude of services that already exist out there for seniors. How good would you feel about participating in this? Too bad the energy and $$ aren't going into just fixing the simple "info disconnect". One call to your local COA gets a senior/senior's family connected to so much more than what these guys offer offer... which is basically a highly orchestrated persuasion effort toward properties they're contracted with, ching, ching. In a lot of areas of the country this leaves out 75% of the options. Again, bad idea, creepy actually. But, oh so pleasantly and altruistically presented! Run.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (18) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

jessica in Stillwater, Minnesota

90 months ago

Penelope in Brockton, Massachusetts said: Really, really, bad idea. Take a week off of work and see if you can find ten people anywhere in the country who are happily making over $40,000 with this outfit. On the other end, note that ultimately they are profiteering on the local government's inability to simplify and streamline access to the multitude of services that already exist out there for seniors. How good would you feel about participating in this? Too bad the energy and $$ aren't going into just fixing the simple "info disconnect". One call to your local COA gets a senior/senior's family connected to so much more than what these guys offer offer... which is basically a highly orchestrated persuasion effort toward properties they're contracted with, ching, ching. In a lot of areas of the country this leaves out 75% of the options. Again, bad idea, creepy actually. But, oh so pleasantly and altruistically presented! Run.

This was a terrible experience, extremely terrible!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (18) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Gail in San Antonio, Texas

90 months ago

Guess I can be VERY thankful their job offer fell thru. Of course, that was AFTER I resigned from my job, purchased a dedicated computer, and finalized my moving plans. Thanks for enlightening me. I didn't not do enough homework. No wonder they would not let me talk to more representatives!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (21) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

serrano.magdalena@ymail.com in Dover, Pennsylvania

28 months ago

Im A Caregiver Available For A Part time Job 20Hrs. A Week.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.