What's the company culture at A Place for Mom?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (5)

Host

Every business has it's own style. What is the office environment and culture like at A Place for Mom?

Are people dressed in business casual, jeans and t-shirts, or full-on suits? Do folks get together for Friday happy hours and friendly get-togethers?

What is a typical day in the life of an employee at A Place for Mom?

Reply - Report abuse

Genovia in Glen Burnie, Maryland

86 months ago

Work from home, casual attire, some flexibility

50-60 hour work week but don't be surprised if you are told you're not working hard enough.

Typical day in the life an A Place For Mom Employee:
Spend a minimum of 5 hours of talk time on the phone. Spend additional 2 to 3 hours trying to get people on the phone. An hour or so per day sending emails and writing referrals. 2 days per week out of the office doing sales calls. You can not do this job in a 40 hour work week and make a living at it.

You have a quota for move ins. You have a quota for phone calls. You have a quota for talk time. You have a quota for families touring. You have a quota for sales calls to partners. Depending on how developed your region is you may also have a quota for new partner contracts. The only thing there is no quota for is collecting a paycheck and GOOD LUCK GETTING PAID!

A Place For Mom has HUNDREDS OF THOUSANDS of dollars in past due accounts and are not collecting! This is HUNDREDS OF THOUSANDS of dollars STOLEN FROM ITS EMPLOYEES!! BEWARE!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (37) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

Former Employee- in Mount Prospect, Illinois

84 months ago

All that is mentioned is true....great concept, but for a company whose only product is its people/advisors, they don't treat them very well. They hire as many advisors with no consideration of amount of business for all of them to be successful. They feed you leads at first and them cut you off and their only reply is . . . "it could be worse, you are getting more than others, now let's talk about why you aren't producing". If you want to work at home and you don't care about getting paid, then this is the job for you. I worked there 2 years was promised ALOT and none of it happened. Also when it came time to collect my stock options and bonuses that I earned, funny no record of it existed. RUN DON'T WALK.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (28) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

oburrell in Atlanta, Georgia

82 months ago

Hi,
I have been looking for a good patient referral service that works nationwide or in Georgia. If anyone knows anything-please email me at obelle02@yahoo.com. Thank you-I am DESPERATE!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (8) Reply - Report abuse

Former employee with Regret! in Los Angeles, California

44 months ago

This is a terrible place to work. Please save yourself the frustration and the cost of working there. You will have expenses. You will NOT make money. Of course, there are always exceptions, so you may talk to about one in 20 or 30 employees doing okay, but nowhere near what they would be paid by any other company for the same work. All you have to do is meet the president of the company once. She even comes across as overly ambitious and money-hungry. Not like what you would expect from the leadership team of a company providing what seems like a "do gooder" service. The service this company provides is the equivalent of an ambulance chaser. They figure if they can reach families in need of assisted living or nursing care before the actual assisted living or nursing home can, they can then SELL that client to the home. They overwork and underpay their sales people. Choosing to join this company has proven to be the biggest mistake of my career. I literally feel sorry for the advisors working hard and believing that it will pay off. It doesn't take long to see how quickly salespeople abandon this company.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (31) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.