How to get a job at ACS.

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (10)

Host

Do you work at ACS? How did you find the job? How did you get that first interview?

Any advice for someone trying to get in?

Reply - Report abuse

Austin,Tx in Taylor, Texas

112 months ago

Don't try to get a job at ACS.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (34) / No (16) Reply - Report abuse

no name in Medford, New Jersey

110 months ago

Allison in Monroe, North Carolina said: LOL a few bums did work there, they could not afford to get a place, so they spent the night at the bus stop or elsewhere. No kidding.

Submitted resume in response to a posting on their web site. Had a call from their internal recruiter for a phone interview with the hiring manager which lasted about an hour (go over your resume - testing communication skills I suppose) followed by an in person interview.

I didn't get the job that time but did get called several months later with an offer. I didn't take it and glad I didn't. This particular job has turned over 3 times in the past 3 years. Two others resigned around the time of my first interview. Surely not good signs.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (16) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Shoshana in New Caney, Texas

110 months ago

I was told of the job by a friend, who wanted me to apply through their web site so he would get referral credit. Waited 6 weeks. Friend reported to me that HR was telling hiring manager that no qualified person was applying. Had my friend hand carry my resume to the manager. Was interviewed within a week and hired in two.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (12) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

melthemedic in Lexington, Kentucky

102 months ago

I would like to share my opinion as well as information about my experience working at ACS.

The hiring process was great. All the employees, trainers, and upper management were wonderful. Starting pay could be increased due to the stress of the center and we actually had a girl have a serious panic resulting in hospitalization.

I worked there for near two years and advanced myself with my knowledge on my free time, thus making me a better employee, and a very well liked individual of the center.

I was by far the best rep on the floor at the time and we had several other amazingly intelligent people.

I was nominated by virtually every employee to apply for a supervisor position in which there were several of them becoming open. I applied, and was basically laughed at and told that I dont have enough experience.

Many people who were below me got promoted to this position and myself as well as a few other people with more knowledge in the service and product we offered, were denied the position.

I was always ahead on training, learning it before it was ever told that we would be training on it, and I would actually help during training classes, to get other familiar with the new services.

But yet, I was screwed. Me and just about all my coworkers. I put my two weeks in, and was fired two days before because I offered to stay and work many hours on my days off so that I could help the company. They first said they could accommodate me and two days before my resignation, I was told they could not.

I told my supervisor I quit. Next day he called, saying because I didn't show up he was filing my term papers.

This company is a company you can work for if you cannot find anything else and I originally thought it would be a good company to work for. We have all got screwed, they increse work hostility, and they also stole my 1k incentive pay because I didnt finish working through the end of the last month.

The benifits are HORRIBLE!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

I H in Lawrenceville, Georgia

102 months ago

MeltheMedic,

I'm sorry to hear about your experience because you sound like a good worker but a book I would recommend is "It's All Politics" a book that talks about how intelligence and a good work ethic do not necessarily lead to success but being politically savvy does. It sounds like the culture rewarded something other than you are or there were some political hints you missed that the other people didn't. I hate politics like the next person but I did learn from previous experience it's important to have the right allies, mentors and advocates for job security. Good luck in your next endeavors!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

jm2008 in Roanoke, Virginia

96 months ago

ACS is a poor company ran by managers that should be flipping burgers at Mcdonalds. They make the managers wear bright orange construction vests. Everyone there is wearing sweat pants, popping pills and half drunk. The company is more worried about making their employees drink out of sippy cups, and not using their cell phones, then actually helping employees.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

mini lipski in Raleigh, North Carolina

74 months ago

Host said: Do you work at ACS? How did you find the job? How did you get that first interview?

RUNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

MzStone in Tacoma, Washington

51 months ago

I worked for ACS for 5 months, at first it was great, I was in a good mood everyday that I went in, after T-Bay everything was going FAB!! Started production 12/26/2011 was going great passing all customer surveys 7,8,9,10.. In mid Feb 2012 I got a E-POP telling me to go down stairs to meet my new sup. That's when every thing went down hill badly,I came down with another cold I thought well NOT it was sinusitis & laryngitis & bronchus plus my ear drums where plugged so called out sick, 2 hours later my sup called me and told me that he "needed everyone on the team to be there no excuses", So I went in even though I was totaly not happy (DID NOT MAKE IT TO THE DOCTORS)and could not talk. As he told me I was a trooper, all the customer surveys went to "ZERO", so there for I was terminated, Its been 2 weeks now, been searching for another job, no luck as of yet.. I know if I had stayed home I know that I would still be working probly not there..
this is just my 2 cents... If there is one thing that I have learned from ACS is that you have to have nerves of STEEL. From 12/26/2011 to 3/5/2012 I had 3 sups... My 1st 2 sups where great!!! the 3rd one well lets just REALLY!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

basha in India

51 months ago

Host said: Do you work at ACS? How did you find the job? How did you get that first interview?

can any one let me know how to apply in ACS and what is the correct site name......

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.