ADP Online Assessment - What a shock?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (7)

Tcoffman85 in Woodstock, Georgia

70 months ago

Anyone else had trouble getting past the 3rd party online assessment ADP forces you to take? I am in sales now, though of a different kind and one of the top salespeople in my company. I worked previously with a manager at ADP and he wanted to bring me onto his team but the assessment I took put me outside the "range" for that particular job. The the recruiter told me it was a no go and that ADP would not consider me for this position. Couldn't believe it!!! Then the recruiter had no information about what the test meant, what the report showed, what sales job the profile would fit, anything! Just said well its a 3rd party system and we just go by what it says. Does this happend often? I can't believe 3rd party software programs, not people are making the decisions, even above the judgement of their UPPER LEVEL MANAGEMENT! Needless to say I am very dissapointed, pretty aggrivated, and looking into what I may can still do to get in with them. If nothing else it would be nice to have an explanation from their "smart behavioral software" as to what traits did not match up and why... instead of making it a positive and showing me what they felt the best position would be for me, they made me feel like I failed a test... I have never failed a test in my life, and have ALWAYS been at the top in sales. I guess this is what I should have expected going from a smaller, independent business to the corporate world. Anyone else feeling my pain?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (21) / No Reply - Report abuse

me in Chicago, Illinois

69 months ago

I did the personality assessment the other day and i did get a call back. it;s a basic personality test. i've taken them before. i did one and got results form insites or insights or something like that. if you google that i think the company is in canada or something. it was about $75 to do the test and get the results. they tell you what type of energy you have and what some of your strengths and weaknesses might be. it;s a way for you to improve yourself and get to know yourself better.
anyway, i had the 2nd interview today and the chick sounded really bored with me from the beginning, then i got a standard e mail saying they went another way. so dont; feel bummed, just apply to 10 other jobs, you'll get one!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

nada in chicago, Illinois

69 months ago

when my recruiter put me thru to the assessment she told me to not answer too strongly. if it asked if i was competitive, i should agree opposed to strongly agree. she said the reason for this is because they want persistent sales people but not pushy. thats the only thing i can think of to make you fall outside of the range.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No Reply - Report abuse

John Loven in Collegeville, Pennsylvania

68 months ago

There are a set of assessments that measure roughly the same thing. These include

MRA Leadership Matrix
DISC
Predictive Index
Culture Index
Activity Vector Analysis
OAD
Platinum Rule

What Personality Insights, Inc. offers is DISC. From the employer’s point of view it matters a lot which one they use, because of support and training issues. Sounds like training kind of flopped at ADP. From the job hunters perspective, it doesn’t much matter: they all give similar reports if you do the assessment honestly, and they are very accurate – if the employer knows how to read them.

I provide the MRA Leadership Matrix, and we set up a website called www.JobFitProfile.com, where job seekers can take the MRA leadership Matrix and get a report written for the job seeker, not the hiring manager. It shows you what the hiring manager is looking at and how to use the results to make your case for getting the job. Again, the results you get will match any of the above tests.

Consider it as a good self-promotion tactic.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No Reply - Report abuse

kmd1129 in West Grove, Pennsylvania

67 months ago

I would like to know if you can keep applying for different positions or the same position even though you did not get past the assessment test the first time? It seems as if you are too eager or confident are not interested. Agree?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

kh in Allen, Texas

44 months ago

Tcoffman85 in Woodstock, Georgia said: Anyone else had trouble getting past the 3rd party online assessment ADP forces you to take? I am in sales now, though of a different kind and one of the top salespeople in my company. I worked previously with a manager at ADP and he wanted to bring me onto his team but the assessment I took put me outside the "range" for that particular job. The the recruiter told me it was a no go and that ADP would not consider me for this position. Couldn't believe it!!! Then the recruiter had no information about what the test meant, what the report showed, what sales job the profile would fit, anything! Just said well its a 3rd party system and we just go by what it says. Does this happend often? I can't believe 3rd party software programs, not people are making the decisions, even above the judgement of their UPPER LEVEL MANAGEMENT! Needless to say I am very dissapointed, pretty aggrivated, and looking into what I may can still do to get in with them. If nothing else it would be nice to have an explanation from their "smart behavioral software" as to what traits did not match up and why... instead of making it a positive and showing me what they felt the best position would be for me, they made me feel like I failed a test... I have never failed a test in my life, and have ALWAYS been at the top in sales. I guess this is what I should have expected going from a smaller, independent business to the corporate world. Anyone else feeling my pain?

Can someone explain why the test are given with especially for a hourly job?

Curious in Grovetown, Georgia

22 months ago

Does ADP make an applicant take any kind of computer tests on the day of interview?

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.