ADP Sales Position, Ride along - Day in the life

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (10)

Ann in Glendale, Arizona

90 months ago

I was wondering if anyone has done the "day in the life" ride along with an ADP (Automatic Data Processing)sales rep and tell me about it and any suggestions? thnaks.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (52) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

lavonne in Bomont, West Virginia

90 months ago

I have worked for ADP for nearly 3 years. If you have made it to the ride day you ALMOST have the job. Be friendly and professinal with the rep you are riding with and to the bankers, clients, prospects or CPAs you may be in front of with the ADP rep. NEVER let the ADP rep know you will be using this job as a "stepping stone" to get a better job in the future. Be excited about the job and it channels (ei banks, cpas, clients). Don't ever think this job is cake, because it is definitely not! Do not ever let the ADP rep you are riding with think that you make "play" during your work day, since you are not constantly managed.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (56) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

bill perkins in Westlake, Ohio

80 months ago

ADP does not pay like they promise in the interview. They have great training that other companies love i.e. pharm. Use it as a stepping stone if you and your car can take the drive time.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No Reply - Report abuse

Johnthesalesman in Las Vegas, Nevada

75 months ago

I just landed the ride along. What is the average yearly earnings for an SBS sales rep? They advertised $34k base + commission + $450 car allowance + $75 cell bonus + Laptop to make Average first year earnings of $60,00.

Is this true? Also not trying to be cocky, but I'm a pretty hard worker and always been a top producer. What do the good first year reps make??

Thanks in advance for any help on this.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (124) / No (11) Reply - Report abuse

75 months ago

Did the ride along and got invited back for the role play, which was scheduled within 1 week from the date of my ride along. The ride along went well, the rep was very cool and relaxed.

We clicked right away, and I was comfortable enough to ask him if I was making the right choice. He said "yes" and that he really liked his job, it was just a lot of work 50-60 hours weeks, often working on saturday's etc.

We stopped by a few strip malls. He showed me how he prospects for biz, just walking from door to door. Then it was my turn. I hit about 6 different businesses while he observed. Seemed pretty easy.

Anyway, ride along lasted a couple of hours and we were done. Followed up with the manager via voicemail and email. Got a response same day for the the Role Play.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (20) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

75 months ago

Also. . seems like this forum is pretty inactive. Anyone know what good first year SBS sales reps make?

ADM vs. DM

Also I heard SBS DMs get a 40k base + commission vs. the $34k base + commission for ADMs

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Shane Burke in Baltimore, Maryland

71 months ago

ADP has different levels for their reps based off of prior year performance. As you grow your business your base salaries are increased on top of your normal Merit raises each year.

their is also a Senior DM level that you can get promoted to....all promotions in this set up are based off of certain revenue thresholds you get to during the course of the year.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Jordan in Everett, Washington

64 months ago

I'm wondering if anyone can comment on how the role play for the District Manager, Major Accounts position played-out and what you did to prepare for it.

I have been in sales for many years, but never in this industry - so my strategy would be to read the white papers online and review all pertinent informaton on the ADP website.

Any thoughts out there?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (49) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

Jeno Commesso in Norwell, Massachusetts

45 months ago

Iavonne, I wanted to see if we can chat for a minute. I was just sponsored into ADP as a staffing company and I'm having a tough time making the right connections. Can you help or point me in the right directio. Thank you

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Dan Evans in Los Angeles, California

1 month ago

Does anyone have an example of the commission structure? I would like to take a look at the sales rep's comp plan.

Thanks!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.