AGE and ADP

Comments (2)

creighton in Baton Rouge, Louisiana

41 months ago

I have been in business 2 business sales for my entire working career. I have led organizations in sales and in persistency. I have generated millions in revenue for the people I have contracted for.

I was extremely interested in the Major Accounts Position and even spoke with the President of ADP's assistant. She forwarded my resume to the recruiter I spoke by phone to. That recruiter told me that I was over qualified for the position I was applying for. She said it in a complementary way. She told me she would forward it to the local manager. I was then told by email that ADP had decided to pursue a more qualified candidate. I was able to finally get the local manager to return my call. It was clear that the issue that he was rejecting me for was age.
The Major Accounts Job has been advertised 2 more times, approximately 3 months apart. Apparently the "more qualified candidates" haven't stayed long enough to justify the training necessary for them to succeed.
I have applied again, because the job is once again open. What should I do to get consideration for a position that might require a "over qualified" applicant?

Saleguru in Parsippany, New Jersey

40 months ago

You probably were over qualified for the position. ADP doesn't like career sales people. My advice would be to look elsewhere. If you have a very diverse career of B2B sales, there are a lot of companies that would benefit from your experience. ADP is not a career.

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.