Advice for ADP internship?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (12)

CPD in Pleasanton, California

25 months ago

I was just offered the ADP sales internship and pending the background check, I should start in about 3 weeks. Any advice out there for me? I was told that it's going to be about 80% prospecting, going on ride alongs, some cold calling, etc. and that if I look like I'm successful with all of the above that I will be offered the full time job. If anybody has been through the internship and can provide me some advice so that I stand out I would greatly appreciate it!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

25 months ago

anybody?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

25 months ago

anybody?

25 months ago

one more try here

25 months ago

Starting on Monday- anybody?

Michele Chapman in Roseland, New Jersey

25 months ago

Hello and Congratulations!
We are so excited that you will be joining ADP for our internship program! While I have not been an ADP intern, I would love to offer some new hire advice.
The first few weeks will be very busy! Enjoy the process of learning all that you can about ADP, ask questions, and pursue your internship like a full time position! It looks like your goal is to be a FT Associate, so go for it! Learn, Listen and Do as much as you can for the team during this period. Partner with the associates you will shadow, ask lots of questions and learn all that you can from them. Ask your manager what more you can do. In other words, jump in!
Best of luck to you and again, Congratulations!

24 months ago

Hi Michele thanks for you response! Im in my 2nd week right now. I have had a couple ride alongs and the majority has been doing dials. I spent 2 days dialing current clients to set up appts (to create opportunities for additional business) which I found fairly easy. I just had my 3rd day cold calling prospects which has been very tough and I'm yet to set up an appt. All I received to help me was some scripts as well as typical objections and how to reply to them. Friday I believe I'm going to be listening in on some sales reps making calls to get some pointers and pick up on their talk tracks. What advice would you give me for dialing prospects or just for the internship altogether? I have been asking as many questions as possible showing them I want to learn I just can't make appts cold calling yet.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

24 months ago

Hi Michele, thanks for your reply! Im in my 2nd week- Ive had a couple ridealongs and the majority has been dialing so far. I spent 2 days dialing current clients (to set up appts to attempt to create additional business) which I found fairly easy. However, today was my 3rd day dialing prospects (cold calling) and I'm finding it very tough. All I received was some scripts as well as typical objections we encounter and how to reply to them. I asked my manager if I could listen in on other reps cold calling to get some pointers and view their talk track. What advice would you give me for dialing? I've been asking a lot of questions both on ridealongs and in the office- I know my manager knows I want the job but I just can't seem to succeed with cold calling yet. I know its something even seasoned associates struggle with but any help/advice is appreciated!

24 months ago

whoops double posted---any advice?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

24 months ago

anybody else?

Joe Gagill in Monticello, New York

24 months ago

Eventually you will find what works and doesn't when it comes to cold calling. It takes time and trying different approaches.

It helps to know what the competition weaknesses are. What 2 things set ADP apart from the competition and talk to the caller about these 2 features.

Joe Gagill in Monticello, New York

24 months ago

Here's another tip.

Practice your phone voice. A clear soothing voice is what you need to develop. Alot of times radio people have this type of voice. I'm talking bout the ones who started out in radio 20 years ago.

People listen more intently when you have a great voice. Put it this way, all politics aside, I would hang up on a person who sounded like Sarah Palin.

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.