Advice regarding following up

Comments (5)

CPD in Pleasanton, California

27 months ago

I was referred by an ADP employee for a SBS position- had a phone interview with a recruiter Jan 30 followed by a face-to-face the following day Jan 31 with VP of sales. I received a call from the District Manager on Feb 4 for another face-to-face interview Feb 6 which I thought went very well. Before leaving, I inquired about the next step of the interview process which she said would be the ride along and I would hear soon (I believe she said by the end of that week) regarding a time and date to schedule it. I sent a thank you email that day and after not hearing anything for 6 days, I called and left a voicemail on Feb 12 following up and expressing my interest. It's Feb 15 and I still haven't heard anything yet. I have a UC degree and while I have no B2B or professional sales experience, I have individual and entrepreneurial sales experience and I felt my most recent interview went very well. I know it's a sales position and they might potentially want to see an individual follow up multiple times and be persistent, but I know there is a fine line between being persistent and pesky. Should I contact the recruiter who first contacted me since I have maintained contact with her throughout the process? Or should I wait to be contacted? For those of you who have been through the interview process, how long is normal in between steps to go without hearing anything? Also, their website and this website just refreshed their SBS page for my location I applied for. Thanks

27 months ago

any suggestions?

27 months ago

Thinking about contacting the recruiter or District Manager I interviewed this Wednesday since that will have been 2 weeks

CJ in Roseland, New Jersey

27 months ago

Hi CPD in Pleasanton. My advice is to contact the recruiter that you first spoke with and follow up. Emails can often times get lost or sent to spam folders, so don't hesitate to call and follow up. In sales, you can never be too pesky if you are professional!

27 months ago

CJ in Roseland, New Jersey said: Hi CPD in Pleasanton. My advice is to contact the recruiter that you first spoke with and follow up. Emails can often times get lost or sent to spam folders, so don't hesitate to call and follow up. In sales, you can never be too pesky if you are professional!

Thanks CJ- I was also contemplating following up with the VP of sales who was my first face-to-face interview and I haven't had any contact with since sending a thank you email the day of our interview. But I suppose the recruiter wouldn't be a bad idea seeing as how my interview process began with her.

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.