Background Check with ADP

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (4)

Tashed Aalesa in New York, New York

78 months ago

Hi there,

I recently completed the interview process with ADP for a position as a outside sales associate in the small business division. Everything went great and my interviews seemed to end in a very positive light, I have a strong feeling I will get an offer soon.

I have heard on this site that the background check is very in depth. I quickly and randomly filled out the online app as usually online App's are insignificant in the application process I have found.

I have a prior DUI from a few years ago from another state. I did not place this on the application as I never place it on my applications.

Will this cause me to lose the opportunity to work for this amazing company? Please let me know

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Anonymous in Miami, Florida

78 months ago

Well....dishonesty is dishonest. Not a good sign of character. Perhaps if you call the recruiter and tell them you realized you made an error in your online app and want to clear it up now. That is a huge sign of integrity and character.

Better to be clean and honest, IMO. Good luck...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Mark Walder in West New York, New Jersey

78 months ago

To be totally honest I think that might give you some problems. They are very strict when it comes to the background check and being honest on your application and your resume. They check each date you provide for past employers. I had employers from 10 years ago that told the person doing the background check they dont keep records that long and they made me get a copy of the W2 from that year form the IRS to prove employment. So if that comes up in the background check Im pretty sure they will atleast question you about it so be prepared. Good luck man. Been here at ADP since Oct and I love it.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

delhiguy1975 in Newark, New Jersey

77 months ago

You said you filled in the Online Application. When did you fill in the Online Job Application, after your interviews?

In my experience companies go after the information in the job application not that much in the resume but I could be wrong

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.