Presentation????

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (12)

Brooke in Saint Petersburg, Florida

86 months ago

I'm on my 5th interview now and 6 weeks into the process and I'm scheduled to give an "elevator pitch" and then a 30-45 minute presentation. Does anyone have any suggestions on what they are looking for here and if there is still a ride along after this? Is this pretty standard? It will be fairly time consuming so I'd like to know if I stand a good chance of getting the position or if this is just a tactic to put me off.
Thanks!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Working_4_theman in hellertown, Pennsylvania

86 months ago

This company is $$ hungry and want you to primarily sell their products....no sales analyst position I have ever had required me to do a presentation to clients or senior management. If they can't make up their mind you are the candidate after 2-3 interviews, then they have decision making difficulties.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Home-Z in Slatington, Pennsylvania

80 months ago

I just interviewed with ADP, via a recruiter.
They are planning to hire 100-150 new sales reps.
I interviewed with 3 managers and now await for their next step in the process.
My only thought is this: with the plan to hire this many new
reps within a short time, is there really that much new business to be had in this economy?

VJohnson04 in Cape Coral, Florida

80 months ago

Home-Z in Slatington, Pennsylvania said: I just interviewed with ADP, via a recruiter.
They are planning to hire 100-150 new sales reps.
I interviewed with 3 managers and now await for their next step in the process.
My only thought is this: with the plan to hire this many new
reps within a short time, is there really that much new business to be had in this economy?

I'm a DM in S Fla. The economy isn't affecting us too much because we sell exsisting businesses and new businesses. In hard times businesses are more likely to let go of the person that does in house payroll (which they pay 30-50K/ per year) and outsource it to ADP for a fraction of the cost.

Love the job, and I'm over quota--- and I work in one of the highest forclosure areas in the US.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

Home-Z in Allentown, Pennsylvania

80 months ago

As a new rep what's the learning curve like? By hiring this many at one time are they looking to see who sticks and who goes within a short time period?
I'm trying to compare the pro's and con's of the position as a inside MA rep and it's future growth potential.

80 months ago

Ok- so in MA, you basically sit in the office all day cold calling...
It's a higher paying base, but the leads aren't generated for you for the most part.
In SBS, you get qualified leads and are expected to NOT be in the office -- with the exception of a weekly team meeting and a one on one planning session with your manager.

Most of current upper level management and executives started out in SBS sales. They also coach you on career paths and development.

The learning curve is quite steep. Things don't "click" for most people for about 4-5 mos. You know what you're doing and selling, but you don't "get" it. Then somewhere in the 4-5 month, it just all comes together... the training, the coaching, the meetings, the sales calls you've been on.... You're not on quota for the first two months and by then if you are to be successful, you will sell something. It's a common saying in my office that a monkey could sell this product. They teach you the ENTIRE sales process...
I was a sales mgr for a bank and still had a lot to learn. People with accounting backgrounds are good fits too... because in SBS you work with banks and cpas.
The training program has been revamped and I think I learned much quicker than some of my coworkers who went through the old program.

Some people will make the cut, and some won't. It's just a fact. It's a high demanding job and you must be very organized and very urgent. They don't micromanage your time.... heck, you could sit at home and nap and no one would say anything. But... your numbers will hurt and you'll not make plan, and then that leads to termination.
I think they're hiring in such a large group because there's lots of expansion and whatnot. They divide up zip codes and you get a protected area.

If I was given the option of SBS or MA, I would take SBS any day of the week. I also have a coworker in Miami that was offered both positions and took SBS and couldn't be happier with his choice.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (18) / No Reply - Report abuse

Kristen S in Placentia, California

74 months ago

VJohnson04 in Cape Coral, Florida said: I'm a DM in S Fla. The economy isn't affecting us too much because we sell exsisting businesses and new businesses. In hard times businesses are more likely to let go of the person that does in house payroll (which they pay 30-50K/ per year) and outsource it to ADP for a fraction of the cost.

Love the job, and I'm over quota--- and I work in one of the highest forclosure areas in the US.

You sound like one "happy camper" at ADP. I applied for a position in the PEO Total Source division a couple of months ago. I made it to the first interview, but, the territory was not geographically desirable. I now find that there is a Buena Park, California position open (this is desirable). I have two questions for you: would you recommend SBS over the Total Source division? They told me this was the highest area of growth for the company. What are the most lucrative areas in the company that lead to future growth? One more................Do you know the name of the ADP recruiter that recruits for Southern California? Any help that you can provide would be much appreciated.

Cynthia Seibold in Dallas, Texas

74 months ago

Does anyone know where the training is for a position with client services? The recruiter asked if I could travel to do training - all expenses paid. But I didn't think to ask where it is - just curious.

nbkc1st in atlanta, Georgia

73 months ago

What does a AM do verses a TM? What is the difference in reponsiblity and pay? Thanks

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

nbkc1st in atlanta, Georgia

73 months ago

Working_4_theman in hellertown, Pennsylvania said: This company is $$ hungry and want you to primarily sell their products....no sales analyst position I have ever had required me to do a presentation to clients or senior management. If they can't make up their mind you are the candidate after 2-3 interviews, then they have decision making difficulties.

take the job

73 months ago

I don't understand your question. What is AM and TM?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

MA- ROLE PRESENTATION in Sunnyside, New York

57 months ago

Dear Members,

Does anyone have insight into Major Account “Role play-sales presentation”. I hope you can share insight, specific details, and/or any guidance as it would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you for your time in advance.

V Saini

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.