Recruiter Contacts for AECOM - Middle East

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (7)

Lisa in NC in Apex, North Carolina

57 months ago

Hi, I've done a lot of research and I'm really impressed with AECOM and I want to talk to a recruiter. I have over 10 years expereience in Admin as well as HR. Does anyone have an email address or phone number for a recruiter hiring in the Middle East?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (33) / No (9) Reply - Report abuse

J Kevin Lloyd in Dubai, United Arab Emirates

57 months ago

Lisa,

I don't know if this message will get to you, but I have had a very bad experience after taking a position offer with AECOM in the Middle East. While my wife and I love living here and there are some really facinating projects going on, AECOM is definately a company to avoid. A contract means nothing to them. You will be terminated in a minute to meet their bottom line. This has happened to many people here and it is very difficult to undo your life and leave the country once they decide to let you go.

AECOM Middle East management is a club of mainly Austrialian and British expats who have been taking advantage of the oil wealth for years. There are also a few arabic-speaking managers, but they are totally driven by the money.

The Middle East is a magical place and is a good place to live. Don't be discouraged, but stay away from AECOM.

Moved here from Raleigh.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (19) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Lisa in NC in Apex, North Carolina

57 months ago

Hi Kevin, thanks for the information, that's very informative. I have heard some horror stories about a few companies in the middle east.

Do you mind me asking who you're working for now? Which company you would recommend? Do you know anyone that's hiring over there? I have experience in HR, Admin, and also Meal Prep Management. I'd like to work in Kuwait, Iraq or Afghanistan.
You can email me at lisarunsnc@yahoo.com if you want.

I'm from Raleigh too, actually Apex outside of Raleigh, I just got laid off and am going to visit family in Hong Kong for a few weeks (I'll be looking for something over there too but don't think there's much available.) When I come back I intend to hit the ground running.

Any info you give me would be greatly appreciated. Thanks! Lisa

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Shah Kinjal in Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates

53 months ago

J Kevin Lloyd in Dubai, United Arab Emirates said: Lisa,

I don't know if this message will get to you, but I have had a very bad experience after taking a position offer with AECOM in the Middle East. While my wife and I love living here and there are some really facinating projects going on, AECOM is definately a company to avoid. A contract means nothing to them. You will be terminated in a minute to meet their bottom line. This has happened to many people here and it is very difficult to undo your life and leave the country once they decide to let you go.

AECOM Middle East management is a club of mainly Austrialian and British expats who have been taking advantage of the oil wealth for years. There are also a few arabic-speaking managers, but they are totally driven by the money.

The Middle East is a magical place and is a good place to live. Don't be discouraged, but stay away from AECOM.

Moved here from Raleigh.

Hi Kevin,

Please could you tell me what really happened? I have an offer from their Abu Dhabi office and am keen to know the facts.

Best Regards,

Kinjal

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (11) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

marvin haynes in Newark, New Jersey

16 months ago

Looking too go back to Afghanistan as soon as i can.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

marvin haynes in Newark, New Jersey

16 months ago

marvin haynes in Newark, New Jersey said: Looking too go back to Afghanistan as soon as i can.
can some send me email or phone number for them

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

cansyreng in Montréal, Quebec

9 months ago

I am interested in a job in middle east, I am Canadian civil engineer, I have Master in civil eng.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.