AFLAC Interview Questions.

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (9)

Host

It's always hard to know what to expect when going in for that interview -- and preparation can make all the difference. What is the interview process like at AFLAC?

Any advice on striking the right note?

Reply - Report abuse

ex aflac rep in Lawrenceville, Georgia

84 months ago

Host said: It's always hard to know what to expect when going in for that interview -- and preparation can make all the difference. What is the interview process like at AFLAC?

Any advice on striking the right note?

that would depend on the manager or director. They basically want to see if you are confident, aggressive and have a positive attitude and want make money. So they ask what you want for your future? How much money do you want to make? Can you take rejection? what job experience is? THEY WILL BASICALLY TRY TO SELL YOU ON AFLAC NOT THE OTHER WAY AROUND

VERY IMPORTANT this is NOT A JOB!!! You are an independent insurance agent and you will represent AFLAC, much like any insurance agent(any independent/broker or non-captive agent) with a license can contract with a insurance company fill out their contracting paper work and get an agent #,get the rate book or software and applications and sell.

So as a NON-Employee, no benefits,no salary, you make your own hours etc. So basically they will accept just about anyone. It a numbers game, they recruit large amount of people because of the high turn over.

As a Aflac Agent the will provide you with a manager, you can go to training to learn product and software and how to cold call etc but you are NOT an EMPLOYEE. If you do not turn in business in 6mo they will cancel your contract with them( i was told by mgr that it looks better for stockholders)

If you have your license already you can just fill out contracting paperwork and get approved and start selling. Try it call up any office and tell them you just got your license would like be a rep they will sign you up.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (32) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

corp America bs in Brandon, Florida

83 months ago

They will hire anyone with a pulse.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (12) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Angered in Springfield, Missouri

83 months ago

Yeah and so will Wal-Mart, McDonald's, and any other truck driving, or fast food, or telemarketing, or retail business, or car dealership, etc..... Do you see where I'm going with this? YES it IS an entry level job. How far you go with the company is what YOU make out of it.....

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

michael h in Baltimore, Maryland

76 months ago

INTERVIEWING WITH AFLAC..RUSTY TO THE PROCESS. ANY SUGGESTIONS

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

Jan in Joliet, IL in Illinois

76 months ago

The way I see it you need to interview them so that you can try and get a direction as to which way the RSC and DSC(?) lead. If they're decent, goodhearted folks that are genuinly interested in helping you get that good start so that you can proper because they will prosper then you will have a good time in Aflac. If they are conivers and hustlers that act like there s___ don't stimk then say Thank You and interview with the next closest office to where you live. You don't have to sign with the office that recruits you. Choose who you feel comfortable with.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (18) / No Reply - Report abuse

BeanBean in Midwest, Ohio

67 months ago

Angered in Springfield, Missouri said: Yeah and so will Wal-Mart, McDonald's, and any other truck driving, or fast food, or telemarketing, or retail business, or car dealership, etc..... Do you see where I'm going with this? YES it IS an entry level job. How far you go with the company is what YOU make out of it.....

Hey, at least at Walmart and McDonald's you know you WILL get a paycheck. That's not the case here. Not to mention the fact you can end up owing them money (not counting the hundreds of dollars it costs you to get started).

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

egolden in Los Angeles, California

67 months ago

I'm an Aflac manager. When I run an Aflac interview, I look for confidence, drive, enthusiasm, and a "people person" personality. This is a great opportunity for a salesperson, so the person cannot be afraid to talk to people! I, personally, invest a lot of time and energy training my team of associates. Therefore, I'm selective with who I invite to join my team. However, I will bring someone without experience on board if I think they have the right personality and the drive.

I recognize that the individual is interviewing me just as much as I am interviewing them. Therefore, I explain the opportunity within this specific market in addition to the details of the business. I explain commissions, residual income, stock bonuses. I encourage them to ask lots of questions. I also explain how I fell into the business (I studied music in college), and how I was able to find success at Aflac.

I've been at Aflac for four years now and I can't imagine doing anything else!

PS - You can never 'owe' Aflac money. You do have to get licensed with state, no different from getting licensed to sell real estate.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (41) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

anonymous in Loganville, Georgia

67 months ago

BeanBean in Midwest, Ohio said: Hey, at least at Walmart and McDonald's you know you WILL get a paycheck. That's not the case here. Not to mention the fact you can end up owing them money (not counting the hundreds of dollars it costs you to get started).

I've been reading some about different ins. cos., went to a group interview and there seems to be a common pattern.

Too many people in the business. Dime a dozen.
Lack of effective marketing probably related to the huge number of cos. going after the same people.
Poor mangement. Conflicts of interest.
This leads to huge agent turnover. Management/owners benefit.

I read somewhere a long time ago that most people in this country would end up selling insurance to each other as the main form of occupation as real jobs go overseas.
Seems to be panning out.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.