Any AFLAC agents ?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

Paul Co in Bellingham, Massachusetts

76 months ago

Any AFLAC agents out there?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

Jen Smith in Charleston, West Virginia

76 months ago

Paul Co in Bellingham, Massachusetts said: Any AFLAC agents out there?

Sure. What's up?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Pat Park in Columbia, South Carolina

73 months ago

I am a new DSC in Columbia, SC. I have been with Aflac since 1996 and have held several poisitions such as Associate, SPC, and State Traiing Coordinator. Prior to joining I AFlac I owned a very successful professional Training company. Joining Aflac was the best career choice I have ever made. Many people ask me what do you have to do to be successful with Aflac. Well it is very simple. You have to "GET UP" and go to work everyday. The people that do not make it with Aflac are typically the ones that do not have self-discipline, won't take full responsibility for obtaining the knowledge they need and just won't "GET UP" phycially and emotionally and go to work.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

makeyoumoney in Wentzville, Missouri

73 months ago

I would love to speak with as many Aflac agents as possible. I am interested in hearing your ups and downs in the business...thanks

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Janis Smith in New Haven, Connecticut

73 months ago

I'm an agent...over 10 years....not sure how to answer your question. All sales has peaks and valleys. It gets better with time, because as you grow your book of business, you have more and more accounts that will invariably have new hires or people wanting to add plans every week. The economy is terrible right now, and that has affected business somewhat, but insurance is said to be recession-proof. People buy it in good times and bad. The biggest mistake new agents make (and I've seen a ton of agents come and go, and a small percentage stay...but the ones that do are very successful) is that they stop prospecting for new accounts once they get a few businesses under their belt. Once those accounts are done, they have to start from scratch again, which means weeks or months with no commissions. The successful salesperson is always looking for new business, even when they are working on an account. Sales teachers call it "keeping the funnel filled." You have to make prospecting and asking for referrals a habit. In the beginning it is forced, and feels unnatural, and therefore uncomfortable. But anything that you do long enough becomes second nature...I am literally *always* prospecting, whether it be chatting to someone sitting next to me on an airplane or asking someone that I'm enrolling where their spouse works. More lingo: ABC=Always Be Closing. There is a reason all these aphorisms have been around so long. They work. And so should you; every day, probably harder than you ever have in your life.

New associates come into this business with dollar signs in their eyes...looking for "the big score." It doesn't work that way. It's a job..day in, day out. Except you control everything; where you go, who you talk to, who you work with. You couldn't pay me enough to replace that kind if freedom, which is why this job has been a good match for me. Good luck.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (21) / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.