Minimun Hours

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (3)

Oscar in El Cajon, California

57 months ago

I am interested in becoming a AFLAC independent Agent, i understand is a commission opportunity, i already did my hours required in California to do my exam (Last Year) when i did this i was unemployed and with no money, so it slow me down to finish the process, know i am employed again with a great company, BUT i still want to do AFLAC on my extra Hours Starting with my friends and family, i know i can do good, Does anyone knows if AFLAC would allowed me to do this while having another Job as a primary ( that is not Insurance)? I would not be able to commit to a lot of hours.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

zerohour in Useless, Texas

56 months ago

Oscar, that's going to depend on your RSC and DSC.

Part time is a no-go for some, and just fine for some. Work it out with them. Personally I would never go beyond part-time with them until you can generate a substantial income for yourself. Once you blow through your contacts you're going to have to do lots, and lots, and lots of cold calling. Understand that very few are able to make this a permanent career. I made the mistake of returning a phone call to them a year ago and going full time.

In addition, you have a license to sell insurance. I would explore other avenues as well with that license. Aflac isn't the only game in town and it's not a capture agency.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Michael Axel in Redmond, Oregon

53 months ago

OTOH, if your Regional or District coordinator will take you on, and your current job gives you access to leads (at first I thought about working for a cell phone company to get leads<g>), you could potentially do well.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.