Possible aflac associate

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (6)

Rosebud1109 in Mckeesport, Pennsylvania

56 months ago

I interviewed with the an aflac RSC. He never romised me the moon and the stars. He did say the first month and a half I wouldnt make anything. I had to pay for the study class and state test. The same as bankers life told me. I am conflicted I am unemployed and have a family to think about. I also feel it is what you make it. I am sick of cubicle hell, office gossip, micro managing. So AFLAC seems to be something worth trying. The worst that can happen I take my test for my license, dont like aflac and quit, go work somewhere else. I have relatives that sell insurance and they have done well. If aflac just wants to get your lead wel thats fine because they arent getting my lead without me signing the new enrollees. So everyone makes money. YOU have to have a plan

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (9) Reply - Report abuse

56 months ago

ToughCookie in Milford, New Hampshire said: Rosebud: You cannot 'sign the new enrollees' without a contract, that includes the groups name, address, tax i.d. number, etc. The opportunity at Aflac is excellent for anyone who really wants to work hard and build their own little business (or not so little!) It is a very hard job, but enormously satisfying to those who stick with it.

You can't 'try it out.' You must give it a minimum of 1 year at full speed (that means 8-5 every day, no exceptions, 20 business calls minumum a day, in person, using the training tools that were provided to you for free. You don't need to reinvent the wheel; Aflac has a tremendous training program that has all the kinks worked out. After all, they've been at it almost 60 years.)

I wish you luck, but please remember that is you are going to make it in this business, it's going to take time and a LOT of self motivation. Hope you are successful in whatever endeavor you should choose.

Thank you for the encouragement. I really not sure what invent the wheel means? The person I inteview with said that to me and I am unsure of its meaning. I am not going in there to teach I am going in there to learn. I was just responding to all of the negative comments about aflac. I am nervous now about my decision. I was merely saying that if I have friends that have businesses and they want aflac no one else at aflac is getting my leads. I do nderstand what you are saying and thank you for the comment

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Janis Smith in New Haven, Connecticut

55 months ago

Rosebud: Is English your primary or secondary language? The only reason I ask is that American colloquailisms (slang) can be hard to understand if you haven't grown up here (same thing with any other country; I can speak fluent French, but hardly know their unique expressions for certain things.)

"Reinventing the wheel" is an expression that means figuring something out all on your own. In the context of this discussion, what it meant, and what the person who interviewed you also meant, was that you don't have to figure out HOW to sell Aflac products. We've got that already figured out. The training system is a proven winner, and if followed, it works--I'm living proof.

This is important because so many newbies will join Aflac and try to figure out an easier or (they think) better system for marketing and prospecting. It's a waste of time, believe me. In a nutshell, here is the system we use here in the Northeast...it was developed by a very successful Regional Coordinator in Pennsylavania who started with Aflac age the tender age of 19 and was wildly successful (and probably could have retired if he wanted to ) by age 35. It is called the L.E.A.S.E system...like so many programs in sales, it's an acronym, but it basically lays out the blueprint for your first 2 years in sales. Follow it to the letter, don't give up, and I can practically guarantee you will be successful.

When I started in insurance, I went to a friend of a friend for advice. It was an older gentleman who had made millions selling insurance. I asked him for any advice he could give me to help me 'make it' in my newly chosen career. I will never forget what he told me. Three words: Don't Give Up. NO matter what. No matter how hard it gets, or how discouraged you may feel. Just don't give up. You're not going to get rich in your first year. It WILL be difficult. But it's a great company, and totally doable. Good luck!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

55 months ago

I want to say your first couple of lines seemed a little ofensive. Then I calmed down and read the rest of your comment. To answer your first question , ENGLISH is my primary language for 39 years. That was the first time in all my short life I heard that expression. I never was in sales. It seems to me that phase is common with aflac everyone uses it. I appreciate the English lesson. I also appreciate your advise. Had you started your comment with the advist then mabe I would have felt like you were trying to help and not BE LITTLE my intelligence. I really hope you have more tollerance with the people that love you and surround you daily. PEACE LOVE and LIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (12) Reply - Report abuse

Janis Smith in New Haven, Connecticut

55 months ago

I am very sorry you took my innocent question as offensive. Did you ever stop and think may English isn't MY first language????? Don't let the name fool you; it's a 'stage name' I use for the internet.

I didn't belittle your intelligence at all. I told you what the experession means. Geesh.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

New2theForce in Buffalo, New York

54 months ago

ToughCookie in Milford, New Hampshire said: Rosebud: You cannot 'sign the new enrollees' without a contract, that includes the groups name, address, tax i.d. number, etc. The opportunity at Aflac is excellent for anyone who really wants to work hard and build their own little business (or not so little!) It is a very hard job, but enormously satisfying to those who stick with it.

You can't 'try it out.' You must give it a minimum of 1 year at full speed (that means 8-5 every day, no exceptions, 20 business calls minumum a day, in person, using the training tools that were provided to you for free. You don't need to reinvent the wheel; Aflac has a tremendous training program that has all the kinks worked out. After all, they've been at it almost 60 years.)

I wish you luck, but please remember that is you are going to make it in this business, it's going to take time and a LOT of self motivation. Hope you are successful in whatever endeavor you should choose.

Tough Cookie--or anyone else that is an agent for Aflac: I have an initial interview tomorrow. I'm fresh out of college with a B.S. degree in Human Services. I had no luck finding jobs in my field that were accommodating at the time. I have a physical disability and prevents me from running, climbing stairs, etc...mobility issues. I've seen alot of feedback on here about "cold knocking"...If I get this job do I walk around my neighborhood knocking on doors? I cannot go up front porch steps (most everyone has steps). Can I do all of this from home? or is it an office? Do I have to literally knock?

All responses are very appreciated!!! Hopefully before my interview!!!

Thanks all :)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.