What's the company culture at AFLAC?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (7)

Host

Every business has it's own style. What is the office environment and culture like at AFLAC?

Are people dressed in business casual, jeans and t-shirts, or full-on suits? Do folks get together for Friday happy hours and friendly get-togethers?

What is a typical day in the life of an employee at AFLAC?

Reply - Report abuse

Older and Wiser

90 months ago

Run Fast - Run Far - and don't stop until you can no longer see AFLAC over your shoulder!!!!!!!!!

My experience is that the regional office is so corrupt it's scarey!
*DSCs demand Associates share all their information about hot leads - then give the info to CITs (Coordinators in training) and split the commissions.

*We had to spend 8-1/2 hours each week in "meetings" (not counting drive time to/from)

* there was virtually no training,

*we were required to write endless daily reports

* update the DSCs (District Sales Coordinator's) web site nightly,

* and keep a daily journal of literally every conversation we had with our appointments.

In addition, to 100+ cold calls per week
AND 4 hours of cold phone calls per week
AND calling/returning hourly phone calls to our DSCs to report what we were doing.
I could go on and on...
Bottom line: all this busy work gave them lots of leads/new business AND didn't produce anything for me....AND THEY DO "REASSIGN" profitable accounts.... RUN RUN RUN RUN RUN

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (11) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

Marcel in Rowley, Massachusetts

90 months ago

Yeah I got asked to go to an interview based on my online resume. Every day I see multiple generic posts on Craigslist for an Account Executive. Im thinking of cancelling based on all this info I have read. ALthough I will say for whats its worth I was told it isn't a "salesy" position. Who konws...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

BeanBean in Midwest, Ohio

72 months ago

Older and Wiser said: Run Fast - Run Far - and don't stop until you can no longer see AFLAC over your shoulder!!!!!!!!!

My experience is that the regional office is so corrupt it's scarey!
*DSCs demand Associates share all their information about hot leads - then give the info to CITs (Coordinators in training) and split the commissions.

*We had to spend 8-1/2 hours each week in "meetings" (not counting drive time to/from)

* there was virtually no training,

*we were required to write endless daily reports

* update the DSCs (District Sales Coordinator's) web site nightly,

* and keep a daily journal of literally every conversation we had with our appointments.

In addition, to 100+ cold calls per week
AND 4 hours of cold phone calls per week
AND calling/returning hourly phone calls to our DSCs to report what we were doing.
I could go on and on...
Bottom line: all this busy work gave them lots of leads/new business AND didn't produce anything for me....AND THEY DO "REASSIGN" profitable accounts.... RUN RUN RUN RUN RUN

I agree, run as fast as you can. Older and wiser is right, but left out the part how hou end up owing them money, and if you try to "quit" that they sue you for "their money". RUN

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Alicia in Trenton, New Jersey

42 months ago

I love the product... hope this is not everyone's experience. I have know salesmen to be happy for years on end.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Janis Smith in New Haven, Connecticut

42 months ago

Its a great product; Aflac saves people from losing their homes, savings accounts, assets, etc. It is a tremendous career opportunity, but it has to be the right fit.

P.S. None of what "Older and Wiser" accurately reflects any successful sales associate I have ever known.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

dwdsr1@verizon.net in Columbia, Maryland

35 months ago

Marcel in Rowley, Massachusetts said: Yeah I got asked to go to an interview based on my online resume. Every day I see multiple generic posts on Craigslist for an Account Executive. Im thinking of cancelling based on all this info I have read. ALthough I will say for whats its worth I was told it isn't a "salesy" position. Who konws...

Did you go on the interview? I just received a call from Rachel stating the same thing and was very assertive in wanting to schedule a interview with me for a Account Exec position.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.