AT&T Hire Right Background Check

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (1 to 50 of 58)
Page:   1  2  Next »   Last »

Corpsez in Anaheim, California

19 months ago

I was recently offered a Customer Service Rep job at AT&T and am currently undergoing a background check. My first job that I put was verified, but I was a year and a half off on the start date and employment time.

This was an honest mistake on my part and I was wondering how this would impact their hiring decision. All my other jobs had correct start and end dates, it was just my very first job that was about 6 years ago I could not remember so I made my best guess with no w2 forms or pay stubs.

*Just received a copy of my background check and everything else is perfect with no criminal records etc.

This is starting to really get under my skin and any answers would be appreciated.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No Reply - Report abuse

19 months ago

ToBoeingOrNotToBoeing in Seattle, Washington said: I think you're gonna be ok. I think what matters is that you put it down and I think a lot of people get their dates wrong. If you tried to use it for experience, though, and you didn't work there very long but used it to justify them hiring you, THEN it might be a problem. Especially if it doesn't match your resume dates. I would be slightly concerned if it didn't match your resume dates.

It does match my resume which is also incorrect, and no it wasn't used for experience. It was just my first job at Mcdonalds back in high school.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

Erndogg in Whittier, California

19 months ago

Shouldn't Be a big deal, I have gone through Hire right before, It all boils Down to how a Staffing manager sees the info, but if its just 1 job over 5years ago sometimes they don't even go back that far. They will only verify the last 5 years. Good Luck, I know what its like im currently in background for ATT as well for a NRFR position, hoping all goes fast and smooth.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

19 months ago

Erndogg in Whittier, California said: Shouldn't Be a big deal, I have gone through Hire right before, It all boils Down to how a Staffing manager sees the info, but if its just 1 job over 5years ago sometimes they don't even go back that far. They will only verify the last 5 years. Good Luck, I know what its like im currently in background for ATT as well for a NRFR position, hoping all goes fast and smooth.

Well i already have a copy of my background check and that job is indeed on their and is marked as discrepancy.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Sallyjo in Alpharetta, Georgia

19 months ago

I work for a background check company, and the thing to remember is that the employer makes the final determination if the "discrepancy" is a concern, not the screening company. The screening company may flag anything that they can't verify exactly as claimed, but that may not mean the employer will consider it a disqualifying factor. From my experience, employers are usually only concerned if dates are off by more than 60-90+ days. Just wait and if the employer comes back and asks questions about the discrepancy, then you can explain it. In the meantime, fix your resume so the dates are right, that way there's no question the next time you have a background check and you won't have to worry. Good luck!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

19 months ago

Sallyjo in Alpharetta, Georgia said: I work for a background check company, and the thing to remember is that the employer makes the final determination if the "discrepancy" is a concern, not the screening company. The screening company may flag anything that they can't verify exactly as claimed, but that may not mean the employer will consider it a disqualifying factor. From my experience, employers are usually only concerned if dates are off by more than 60-90+ days. Just wait and if the employer comes back and asks questions about the discrepancy, then you can explain it. In the meantime, fix your resume so the dates are right, that way there's no question the next time you have a background check and you won't have to worry. Good luck!

My dates are off by a good 1.5 years =/. I have already corrected my resume. Even if they do not hire me it was a good learning experience since this was my first background check.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Daniel in Sherman Oaks, California

18 months ago

Corpsez in Anaheim, California said: Just wanted to update that I have received the job! I start on the 31st so I was worrying for nothing!

Hey congrats on the job!! I hope you are still on the forum... I recently received an offer for a retail sales consultant at Att. I just received an email to do the background check and I know some of my start and end dates are off on my application and resume. Did hire right give you a hard time as far those dates go? And did you need to submit any w-2?

ToBoeingOrNotToBoeing in Seattle, Washington

18 months ago

Corpsez in Anaheim, California said: Just wanted to update that I have received the job! I start on the 31st so I was worrying for nothing!

Congratulations and happy new year - may it be prosperous.

KyleATM in Tyler, Texas

17 months ago

Daniel in Sherman Oaks, California said: Hey congrats on the job!! I hope you are still on the forum... I recently received an offer for a retail sales consultant at Att. I just received an email to do the background check and I know some of my start and end dates are off on my application and resume. Did hire right give you a hard time as far those dates go? And did you need to submit any w-2?

Daniel,
Can you tell us a little more info about your experience? Did hire right ask for all your past work history? Or just the jobs on your resume? What was the outcome of being off on dates on your application?

Daniel in Westminster, California

17 months ago

Hey Kyle, this is my experience for the Retail Sales Consultant position.
1. I applied online at ATT 12/12/12 and was surprise to get a phone interview 12/13/12. The phone interview was very quick and the woman on the other end asked what kind of sales experience I had. The interview was about 5 mins. We then had a schedule interview with the hiring manager at ATT for 12/17/12.
2. Hiring manager interview was kind of intense yet relaxing. The interview was at 9am and the HM ran late so he called into the office and spoke to me himself explaining why he was late. We reschedule for 11:30am. We then went into his office and he told me a little about himself, what this company is, what they are looking for and he explained that the store that I am interviewing for was a TEIR 3 (one of their busiest store). He gave me scenario: The new iphone 5 came out and a customer came in and asked for the phone and I sold it. Did I make a sale? The answer is no, because all I sold was a phone, I did not sell him a plan or anything else. We kind of talked about sales and he told me that the position was for FULL-TIME. At this point, I told him that it was for part-time and he told me he would give me a call if there was a part-time position. He called me back on 12/20/12 saying there was a part time position at my location and if I was available to meet with the actual store manager on 12/21/12.
3. I met with a store manager and ended up talking to one of the leads. He asked the basic interview questions. 1. Tell me about yourself and goals. 2. Give me a time when a customer said no and you turned that into a yes? 3. Give me a time when you went over and beyond a customer expectation? 4. Where do you see yourself in 5 year

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

Daniel in Westminster, California

17 months ago

Continuing from previous post**

5. I told I would be a good fit for this position and they would give my information back to the hiring manager and he would contact me with more information.

6. I received my paperwork on 12/26/12 for bg check and filed those out immediately. The following day 12/27/12 around 2:30 am, I received the email to get my drug test and reported to HIRERIGHT's preferred facility the same day. Now since it was New Years the following week, I did not receive my official confirmation until 1/3/12 because of new years.

Hireright was probably the most stressful bg check I have ever done. You file everything out yourself on their website. They will call and verify the exact date you work and how much you were getting paid. They asked about moving violations and when I called my HR rep, she told me its better to list the information rather than HIRERIGHT finding out. HIRERIGHT was unable to verify two of my jobs and my current School. I had to send a w-2 in for one job, for my school a transcript and some awards and for my other I told them I can have a manager verify for me. After all that, they still left COMPLETE -DISCREPANCY and just sent it into my HR rep. I had to reach to my HR rep and explain that I sent everything they needed. She emailed me and asked for all the paperwork that I sent to HIRERIGHT. I felt that if I did not explain to her the discrepancy on HIRERIGHT before hand, I might not have gotten the position. I currently attend California State University, Long Beach and they would not even verify that information and left a discrepancy note.

I learned a lot on this forum and appreciate everyone's comment. It really help relieve the stress of it all. I wish everyone the best of luck, I start training on 1/25/12 in Cerritos, CA.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No Reply - Report abuse

Maria in Indianapolis, Indiana

17 months ago

Daniel that was very informative...thanks. I have one question though, what information did hireright ask for on the form for the background check? Did they ask for work history, dates, phone numbers etc?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

KyleATM in Tyler, Texas

17 months ago

Daniel, first thanks for the help. Lots of good info. If its ok I got a few move questions.

1. When filing out the paperwork for hire right, do they verify just the jobs you put on your resume? Or do they ask for your past 3 jobs or every job in the past 5 years?

2. How far back do they check driving record?

3. Why did you have to list awards you received for a bg check?

4. Do you have to put every college you attended classes? Or just where you received a degree?

From everything I've read its best to just be honest upfront just like you where with your hr rep. In the end, the employer gets the final so say if your hired not the bg check company.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

arthyrossy in Eden Prairie, Minnesota

17 months ago

Hi guys, does anyone experienced this:

I had a drugtest for a job at at&t. During that day i don't have a babysitter so I brought my son with me.
At the clinic they told me I could have a drugtest since I have a kid with me. So what I did is called my husband who is at work that time and asked him if he can come at the clinic. He said he can but it will took 1 1/2 hor him to be there. And that time i really really need to pee, so I peed first. And waited for my hubby, then while waiting he called me that he need to be bacl at work ASAP so what I dis for me to pee is to drink lots of water. After two days someone from hireright called me and told me that my drugtest was cancelled and to call my hiring manager. When I called my hiring manager and expalined it to her amd asked her if I can retake the drug test she said you can only take it one time. And said to give her a call on monday. So what does this mean? I cannot have the job? I don't drink nor smoke most importantly i don't use drugs so its kinda frustrating on my part.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Vee in El Cerrito, California

17 months ago

Hey there!
1) After you fill out the background check, they will call your previous HR to verify the dates employed and salary. They won't check why you stopped working.
2) Background check is 7 years including speeding tickets. You MUST put everything including the dates, county, annoying info like that.
3) The dates need to be accurate, you should get the option to change some info before you submit it. If the dates are a couple days off it should be fine but you don't want it to be purposely different bc they will find out and if they can't confirm it, you will have to bring proof (like w2 form) so they can check through there.
4) DUI won't matter unless you're required to drive as part of your job.
5) I honestly don't think that should be an issue. Even though I have an extensive work history, they only asked me to put down my last 3 jobs. If anything, HR will call you after &you can explain to them. They have the final say. Hope this helps!!

StevenMack in Abilene, Texas

16 months ago

I just completed the background check:

1. Work history is 5 years, they will only verify that you worked there during the time you say. If they are unable to verify with the company you must provide proof. You can get W-2s easily from taxdocuments.com (there is a charge)
2. Criminal History is 7 years and this is done off of a SSN Trace. Hireright will not report anything past 7 years.
3. DWI/DUI will not affect you if it is not a driving job.
You should be fine.

gmo in seattle, Washington

16 months ago

StevenMack in Abilene, Texas said: I just completed the background check:

1. Work history is 5 years, they will only verify that you worked there during the time you say. If they are unable to verify with the company you must provide proof. You can get W-2s easily from taxdocuments.com (there is a charge)
2. Criminal History is 7 years and this is done off of a SSN Trace. Hireright will not report anything past 7 years.
You should be fine.

Great thank you! Interview went great! but the position was filled the same day I interviewed. I was told my resume will be forwarded to other store managers. I am guessing this is a good sign?

D Sanchez123 in Chicago, Illinois

16 months ago

Anyone her Starting TRaining FEB 25 2013 in Chicago,IL?!

KyleATM in Tyler, Texas

16 months ago

gmo in seattle, Washington said: Great thank you! Interview went great! but the position was filled the same day I interviewed. I was told my resume will be forwarded to other store managers. I am guessing this is a good sign?

You may also want to apply for Verizon also. If you interviewed well ask your recruiter if there are other stores in the area that are hiring that you can interview for.

KyleATM in Tyler, Texas

16 months ago

You should be fine.

For numer 1.

Did you give the number for your previous managers or previous HR departments? Did they just verify dates or salary also? Whats happens if my past 2 jobs were 1099 positions that are commission only?

omar

16 months ago

I applied for a NIKE job, they called me to set up an interview, So I went in for a group interview last Thursday, Then I got a call on Saturday scheduling a interview for that next Monday, this interview was only me and one of the managers, she said they would send out background checks and they would go from there. I turned in my background check on the 2/13/13 I was wondering if anyone had gone through the hiring process with NIKE, I wanted to know how long it was going to take before I get hired, They use HireRight for their background check and how long the background check takes. Please help, Thank you

Joseph in Chandler, Arizona

16 months ago

You should be fine.

I disclosed a misdemeanor assault charge I had between my brother and I, the hiring department called me to get the details. Its all Pretty short and simple no jail time no probation just a fine. Sad thing is it didn't even show up on my background :( she told me they'll have an answer for me tomorrow. Should I be concerned?

beginagainla in Los Angeles, California

15 months ago

Joseph, what happened on this? People should take advantage of the expungement process and know the general reporting laws of their state.

Let's assume we aren't talking about a government entity or professional licensing. Let's say we're just talking about a company like AT&T for example that uses an outside background screening company. You don't have to do major research to know that they're likely only going to go back 7 years on the criminal records search. So why then would you want to voluntarily disclose some misdemeanor that happened 14 years ago that isn't even going to show up on the bgc report?

People are being frightened into revealing things that are way outside the scope of what the screening companies are looking for. You can be honest without foolishly opening yourself up to judgment and job opportunity.

Some private sector company, I don't care how big, with major turnover is not going as deep as they would like you to believe. Get the background on the background check and answer accordingly. Don't give them extra reasons to exclude you.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Eric in Los Angeles, California

15 months ago

Received contingency off for retail sales position and waiting for my BG info to come back. I got a misdeanor 3 years ago for breaking a window, will this disqualify me? I really want this job.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

Eric in Montebello, California

15 months ago

Hello? Anyone? Does att hire people on probation?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

dnj2003

11 months ago

You should be fine.

I recently put filled out the backround check at the hireright websight, I listed stuff in 2000, all three was dismissed, would that be a problem???

dnj2003

11 months ago

You should be fine.

Damn Steven I think I fked up, I disclosed violations that happened 13 years ago, will that effect me??? They have all (3) been dismissed? ??

Blksuprman in Florissant, Missouri

11 months ago

I'm dealing with the hireright also. Work for the same company for over a decade, no criminal record, no tickets since around 2004, but I did my background check 2 weeks ago tomorrow, and my drug screen and physical 2 weeks ago this coming Monday, and have heard bupkis... Most everything I read says no news is good news, but mine should be one of the easiest bgc's ever, so why is it taking so long...? Very frustrating to say the least...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

byfaith in Dallas, Texas

11 months ago

I hadn't been in the Job Search arena since 2010 so taking assessment tests and going through intense back ground checks took some getting use to. I would suggest you take the time to make sure your dates of employment, company phone numbers, salary and your job references are accurate this makes the process a lot smoother. If you don't have a copy of your HS or College Diploma get a hard copy of your transcripts to keep in your files and scan a copy to keep in your email. I recently went through a background check of which Hire Right was the company completing this process. I did not experience anything out of the ordinary. I think its all based on your HR Department anyways as they can over ride Hire Right at anytime. Job Searching can be extremely hard and the waiting is intensely frustrating. Stay encouraged and keep the faith.

Bluetea in Texas

11 months ago

byfaith in Dallas, Texas said: I hadn't been in the Job Search arena since 2010 so taking assessment tests and going through intense back ground checks took some getting use to. I would suggest you take the time to make sure your dates of employment, company phone numbers, salary and your job references are accurate this makes the process a lot smoother. If you don't have a copy of your HS or College Diploma get a hard copy of your transcripts to keep in your files and scan a copy to keep in your email. I recently went through a background check of which Hire Right was the company completing this process. I did not experience anything out of the ordinary. I think its all based on your HR Department anyways as they can over ride Hire Right at anytime. Job Searching can be extremely hard and the waiting is intensely frustrating. Stay encouraged and keep the faith.

Going forward, you want to save everything related to work. My sister once had to "prove" that she once worked for a bank that went belly up. Fortunately, we both have all our pay stubs going back ten years.

I also have one employer who does not do their own employment verifications any more. They have outsourced it and that has caused some problems.

Its a mess nowadays.

JimmyBroner in Reseda, California

9 months ago

Does AT&T check with your original application online or your Hireright application?

Also, who does the hireright results come back to? One of the people you had your interview with or a HR person that you have to call?

jesus

9 months ago

I complete my background check 10/2 and today I don't have no answer from at&t and i send 2 email to verify If everything its alright but no answer I feel worried because what take so long to call you and tell you the final decision???

Dan in Miami, Florida

9 months ago

If I have no proof to show that I actually worked at a certain place will I not get hired? I was not even 18 years old when that happened, I was naive and I was paid cash not in checks.

torpedo21 in Chevy Chase, Maryland

9 months ago

Dan in Miami, Florida said: If I have no proof to show that I actually worked at a certain place will I not get hired? I was not even 18 years old when that happened, I was naive and I was paid cash not in checks.

It will count agaisnt you. You must provide something that HR finds suitable to prove employment

Dan123 in Colorado

9 months ago

torpedo21 in Chevy Chase, Maryland said: It will count agaisnt you. You must provide something that HR finds suitable to prove employment

reference number maybe? I can get the number of one of the places, but not the other one. Those 2 jobs were kind of insignificant, I guess I should of not put them in my resume. They were my first 2 jobs. I currently work for a company where I am an Assitant Manager.

hman44 in Merrick, New York

9 months ago

if you have a misdemeanor and it was reduced to a violation and the record is partially sealed what will show on the background check. will it show as just a violation or will it show as a misdemeanor reduced to a violation and will this prohibit me from obtaining the position with at&t. the misdemeanor was criminal possession of stolen property but all i did was find a ring in the street and had no way to return it so i sold it to a we buy gold place but turns out the person who lost it reported stolen. so i get screwed over.

bdubs in Houston, Texas

8 months ago

just got my copy of my background check in the mail. it doesn't show any background check of traffic tickets. Which is good, because I lied and said I never had any when I have had plenty in the past 3 years. If you have something you're curious about, go to your local DMV and spend 25 bucks to pull up your driving record. If there's nothing on it, they might not even charge you. Also you can go to the local police station and see what you have on file. The cops here in town told me that if he was me, he wouldn't put down any traffic tickets at all. maybe different states have different laws, but this state only goes back three years with driving records publicly. also, I had a misdemeanor because I got a reckless driving ticket last month but like I said it wasn't on the record so I didn't mention it. The background check I got from them in the mail doesn't show a misdemeanor or anything it just says there are no records present. Now that could be because I'm working out a deal with the judge where I come back in 6 months so maybe the actual charges not processed yet. But I'm telling you, do your research first. And if you're wondering about not being able to verify a job, they kept bugging me and bugging me to verify my self employment and there was no way to prove it. Eventually I guess they gave up on it in a couple days went by and I was scared. But then I got an email saying that I pass the background check. Now that I read these papers, it says that the Schedule C I uploaded didn't have my company name on it. which isn't true. A clearly had the company name on it and my name. So it's kind of aggravating that that much with their own fault. But oh well they passed me! So maybe you guys can use this information.

bdubs in Houston, Texas

8 months ago

check to see what comes up and your local report. A big part is that they want to see if you're going to lie on the background check. On the other hand, you don't want to rat yourself out if you don't have to. so use your best judgement. If you obviously have a misdemeanor or a felony, list it. You will get a chance to explain it and I think from what I've heard, they might make you write a little tiny paper explaining why they should still hire you. That's when you could explain about the ring and everything. You could probably even just bring that up an email while you fill out the background check.

dispinoy in Westminster, California

8 months ago

Hey does anyone know what that mean when your Submission Status is Completed? does it mean i didn't get hired or what ? please let me know . my status check in 10-08-13 and it still say completed .

adh1107 in Smyrna, Tennessee

8 months ago

I have a question for anyone who had there education checked... I uploaded my transcripts to the system. Does anyone know if Hireright will still attempt to verify this information?

JimmyBroner in Reseda, California

8 months ago

After your background check and drug test were complete how long before you heard from AT&T about training?

8 months ago

Hey does anyone know what that mean when your Submission Status is Completed? does it mean i didn't get hired or what ? please let me know . my status still say completed it been almost one week please someone let me know

8 months ago

My status say completed but didn't Received a tax credit survey and SSN??? does mean i didn't get the job???

8 months ago

can anyone answer my question ????

Phil Anselmo in Hemet, California

8 months ago

JimmyBroner in Reseda, California said: After your background check and drug test were complete how long before you heard from AT&T about training?

A couple months or so

Phil Anselmo in Hemet, California

8 months ago

adh1107 in Smyrna, Tennessee said: I have a question for anyone who had there education checked... I uploaded my transcripts to the system. Does anyone know if Hireright will still attempt to verify this information?

In most cases, only a sealed transcript officially ordered from the school counts. Anything else can't be trusted. They will contact your school on their own

Phil Anselmo in Riverside, California

8 months ago

hman44 in Merrick, New York said: if you have a misdemeanor and it was reduced to a violation and the record is partially sealed what will show on the background check. will it show as just a violation or will it show as a misdemeanor reduced to a violation and will this prohibit me from obtaining the position with at&t. the misdemeanor was criminal possession of stolen property but all i did was find a ring in the street and had no way to return it so i sold it to a we buy gold place but turns out the person who lost it reported stolen. so i get screwed over.

All you can do is call the court and ask them what the record says. They can tell you over the phone. If it's on there, you have no choice but to mention it because they WILL find it. It's what they do for a living. When it comes down to them hiring you with a criminal record, remember that for every applicant that has a criminal record, there's a few hundred behind them, with clean records.

jesus from Orlando Florida

8 months ago

Hi
I got to say that at&t hiring process is a full of bs.. I been through a rough process to work in a call center only I take the background check and the drug screen test and I waited 9 business day to then tell me they discrepancy in the dates and I got my copy and everything else is perfect!!! And now the hr rep tell me to send the w2 and pay stub again and give a valid explanation so I did I got nothing to hide but now I have to wait because they send my info to a background adjudication team. This is incredible you go through a long and rough process and this company call their self at&t o maybe they are the FBI or the secret services this is a waste of time and now you don't even know if you're are hire or not at&t a company that give opportunity yeahhhhh right...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

blkskull in Phoenix, Arizona

6 months ago

beginagainla in Los Angeles, California said: People should take advantage of the expungement process and know the general reporting laws of their state.

You don't have to do major research to know that they're likely only going to go back 7 years on the criminal records search. So why then would you want to voluntarily disclose some misdemeanor that happened 14 years ago that isn't even going to show up on the bgc report?

People are being frightened into revealing things that are way outside the scope of what the screening companies are looking for. You can be honest without foolishly opening yourself up to judgment and job opportunity. QUOTE]

I disagree. In banking, FINRA is a huge deal. Anyone working in banking will have FINGERPRINTS taken on the first day. The fingerprints will be sent to the FBI, where ANY arrests will be reported. Discrepancies will cause you a lot of worry and lost sleep, very possibly your job. So for a job NOT in banking, securities, finance, law enforcement, or security, might be ok..

I know this because I am worried and losing sleep over a 13-year-old petty misdemeanor that was dismissed that I'd totally forgotten about. When the FBI report came back, I was being asked for paperwork I didn't have. I was told by the judge I wouldn't have to worry about it, it was dismissed, and until last week it has never come up or been an issue. This is a new job - the BG check only went back 5 years. Been on the job barely a week and I'm worried about losing it due to this.

blkskull in Phoenix, Arizona

6 months ago

adh1107 in Smyrna, Tennessee said: I have a question for anyone who had there education checked... I uploaded my transcripts to the system. Does anyone know if Hireright will still attempt to verify this information?

They will verify transcripts. I have three college degrees and they checked each one, right down to GPA.

Page:   1  2  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.