AT&T Interview Questions.

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (151 to 200 of 221)
Page:  « Previous   1  2  3  4  5  Next »   Last »

Justmaintaining in Peachy State, Georgia

68 months ago

Hey I just received an e-mail to take the assessment online is that something promising or just formality? Thanks

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

68 months ago

I received another email requesting to complete an application is that promising? Thanks

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

BlakPsych in Detroit, Michigan

68 months ago

ok, so you are on the same page as I am. I appllying for other positions as well. Which ones are you applying for?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

68 months ago

nope, finish up your application and put your resume in

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

68 months ago

There is no telling, AT&T is so unpredictable, so all i can tell you is do the best you can and tell me what happened

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Curosity MLJ in Conyers, Georgia

68 months ago

Justmaintaining in Peachy State, Georgia said: Hey I just received an e-mail to take the assessment online is that something promising or just formality? Thanks

Formailty

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Curosity MLJ in Conyers, Georgia

68 months ago

Justmaintaining in Peachy State, Georgia said: I received another email requesting to complete an application is that promising? Thanks

Haven't you taken the test before? That's just the formality, to complete the application schedule an Interview. Where it all boils down to the customer facing profile, the Interview itself. Stay hopeful...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

68 months ago

lol! I tried to get on with Conyers offier and themanager was sort of rude to me but I held my composure. Talking about I need you to specify your answer I was like looka here now calm down. The music tooloud anyway dun way...lol! Rude during the interview by talking on the phone in and out the office without saying excuse me...UNPROFESSIONAL! Yes need a job bad but come on be kind to those youare interviewing

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

68 months ago

Thank You for responding back and I've previously gone through this before. I presume my test just reached a year and I had to take the 261 questionaire again which is normally done in the office.

68 months ago

kaydeyell in Atlanta, Georgia said: I'll tell you what to expect........if you are not black I honestly don't think you stand a chance. I come from 26 years of sales and customer service and after jumping through all of their hoops I was told I didn't qualify (BEI test)afater being "interviewed" by an extremely "overworked and sooooooo tired" ....... I quote! 25ish, black interviewer! While I was at their Kennesaw site I saw at least 100 people (not many were businesslike looking at all) and only saw three white people (I swear!).

HOW ARE YOU? DO U KNOW ANYONE IS OR ALREADY HAVE TAKE THE PREMISES TECHNICAN TEST AND PAST IT? DO THEY KNOW THE ANSWERS?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (18) / No (8) Reply - Report abuse

ATT's HR does not respond in Lilburn, Georgia

66 months ago

DO you know where the testing center is located at?

FC83 in Atlanta, Georgia

65 months ago

I had my interview but I dont think I did so well. I am still hopeful though. Do they let you know by email or call you if you did NOT get the job?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Amber Mitchell in Port Huron, Michigan

65 months ago

FC83 in Atlanta, Georgia said: I had my interview but I dont think I did so well. I am still hopeful though. Do they let you know by email or call you if you did NOT get the job?

Most of the time they won't...keep in mind we are still preparing for a possible nationwide strike, they may be getting as many people lined up for employment as possible..so that when it does happen they will be prepared. However most times they will e-mail you telling you that you did not qualify if they didn't select you. I would do a follow up with the contact that you do have and just call them or shoot them an e-mail to inquire about your status.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

FC83 in Atlanta, Georgia

65 months ago

Amber Mitchell in Port Huron, Michigan said: Most of the time they won't...keep in mind we are still preparing for a possible nationwide strike, they may be getting as many people lined up for employment as possible..so that when it does happen they will be prepared. However most times they will e-mail you telling you that you did not qualify if they didn't select you. I would do a follow up with the contact that you do have and just call them or shoot them an e-mail to inquire about your status.

Ok thanks for the response. I know that the class starts next week so if I dont hear something by Wed., I will call/email my hr rep. Thanks again.

Sign in Houston, Texas

65 months ago

Well I just had an interview, I think it went alright. Then right after I got an email from the recruiting team. It was to fill out my references and addresses, does anyone know what that's about? I actually got it a couple of minutes after the manager called me for an interview?

And I thought that AT&T had settle their strike issue?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

FC83 in Atlanta, Georgia

65 months ago

Sign in Houston, Texas said: Well I just had an interview, I think it went alright. Then right after I got an email from the recruiting team. It was to fill out my references and addresses, does anyone know what that's about? I actually got it a couple of minutes after the manager called me for an interview?

And I thought that AT&T had settle their strike issue?

Are you talking about the application/background consent forms?

Shalonda Foreman in Danville, Illinois

65 months ago

Host said: It's always hard to know what to expect when going in for that interview -- and preparation can make all the difference. What is the interview process like at AT&T?

Any advice on striking the right note?

You see I went to an the first step last year in Sept and they told me that I passed the first step that they would be contacting me to let me know when the next training class started, well they sent me an email last week saying that they filled the positions......... go figured after I have a job who needs that type of crap not proffessional at all.

FC83 in Atlanta, Georgia

65 months ago

Well I called and emailed my HR contact and did not get a response back and it as been weeks since my interview. I haven't received a rejection email either. Oh well, moving on.

mimie2 in Miami, Florida

62 months ago

im schedule for an interview and for the CSA(Customer Service Assessment)2morrow can anyone tell me what 2 expect?what kind of questions they going 2 ask me and what 2 expect on the assessment.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (18) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

dre132000 in Augusta, Georgia

62 months ago

i went for an interview earlier this year for the csa they asked me ten questions about my work experience and the questions were geared towards sales. so make sure your answers are sales related and are prompt and assertive, be very talkative and knowlegable, and full of energy, let them know u want the job. let them know u like to win, the job is just about selling and making sales quotas the pay is good, but i heard the job is stressful

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

dre132000 in Augusta, Georgia

62 months ago

and also i forgot to tell you the last question is a role play, you'll be faced with selling a product to the interviewer theyll be a consumer calling in and youlll be the agent selling the product over the phone, and convincing them to switch to cable internet and phone service with at&t for example.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

Garrett Clayton in Austin, Texas

58 months ago

I have applied for a retail sales job recently and I was wanting to know if I should just wait to hear from them or should I try to call someone to set up an interview? If I should wait to hear from them how long should I wait before I should probably not worrying about hearing from them? WIll they call from an area that is around the store that I applied at or will they be calling from a different area?

Jack77 Thomas in Antioch, Tennessee

56 months ago

Ok this is interesting. I applied for the AT&T Sales Consultant postion. A week later I got a email for me to take a assesment. I passed, the same day about a hout later a lady from HR emails me. Tells me to call her soon as possible, and that she tryed to leave a voicemail on my phone but couldnt. I checked my phone, I had no missed call. Anyway I call her back a hour later and got no responce. Its now been 3 days since she told me to CONTACT HER, but havent heard anything back. I have call 4 times, left 3 voice mails and three emails. Very confused, you think its me or could she just be abesnt from work. What should I do?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Dominic Brown in Saint Louis, Missouri

55 months ago

This is kind of random, but can I work for ATT retail and have my jailbroken iphone?

Mohn in Brooklyn, New York

54 months ago

I applied for Retail sales consultant. Here's the question that I being asked during my interview.
1. Tell me about yourself. Why should we hire you?
2. Tell me a situation when you dealing with a irate customer and how do you manage to satisfy the customer?
3. Tell me what is your important goal in each business day?
4. Tell me a situation of sense of humor?
5. Tell me a situation when you use your sales techniques to close a sale?
6. What will you do for At&t?

and more that I forgot.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

krazzykimm in Athens, Ohio

53 months ago

I applied for the retail sales consultant position and got an e mail stating that I failed the pre employment screening test. I was able to print out my replies from my att jobs page. I do not know what kind of answers they could be looking for to question that ask am I willing to wear a uniform???? Would someone who passed the pre employee assessment test for the rsc position be willing to copy and send me their replies so I can get some idea how i failed the test? If you prefer you can pm me.

Thanks

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

da.goto.guy in Orlando, Florida

53 months ago

Well today has been a week since I went to my interview...I have heard nothing yet. I look on the website and they recently posted the job the I applied for again. The person who interviewed me told me that they will contact me but I have yet to hear anything. I went on the website and my status for the job is withdrawn....I am completely lost with at&t's hiring process... So what I am asking is how long should it take to hear something back from the interview and should I be worried with my status being withdrawn.... let me know

Mohn in Brooklyn, New York

52 months ago

Test study guides - you can click www.att.com/gen/careers?pid=9248 to view them.

KATHY in Pensacola, Florida

46 months ago

IS THERE A PHONE # TO CALL HR OR A EMAIL ADDRESS

BrittanyXOXOXO in Victorville, California

45 months ago

Jack77 Thomas in Antioch, Tennessee said: Ok this is interesting. I applied for the AT&T Sales Consultant postion. A week later I got a email for me to take a assesment. I passed, the same day about a hout later a lady from HR emails me. Tells me to call her soon as possible, and that she tryed to leave a voicemail on my phone but couldnt. I checked my phone, I had no missed call. Anyway I call her back a hour later and got no responce. Its now been 3 days since she told me to CONTACT HER, but havent heard anything back. I have call 4 times, left 3 voice mails and three emails. Very confused, you think its me or could she just be abesnt from work. What should I do?

******What Happened?? I am in this boat now!

Misty in Spring Hill, Florida

44 months ago

They just tell you if you fail or past the assesment test. If You fail they just tell you that that you did'nt pass. Won't show you the results and the lady had a sarcastic smile makes me think that she was lying. I'm sure I did pass the test. I was told that you go to be black to get hired. The test was given next to a training room and it felt like I was in a nightclub they were so loud I had a hard time concentrating.. The location is in the Ocala Call Center.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

aaron_marchese in Niceville, Florida

43 months ago

i have my second interview tomorrow i have to role play it supposed to last around an hour any tips?

Jen19 in Laramie, Wyoming

43 months ago

I have applied for a position as a retail account executive. My status currently says resume forwarded to hiring manager for review. Has anyone applied and interviewed for this position? Is there anything someone can tell me about the process for this position? Thanks.

SW1FT in Sacramento, California

40 months ago

Mohn in Brooklyn, New York said: I applied for Retail sales consultant. Here's the question that I being asked during my interview.
1. Tell me about yourself. Why should we hire you?
2. Tell me a situation when you dealing with a irate customer and how do you manage to satisfy the customer?
3. Tell me what is your important goal in each business day?
4. Tell me a situation of sense of humor?
5. Tell me a situation when you use your sales techniques to close a sale?
6. What will you do for At&t?

and more that I forgot.

Just had my in-store interview today, I was asked random questions just like these here and everything went great, even had them laughing through parts of the interview. Was given a contact card and told to wait a week/2 weeks tops. I got exceptionally lucky due to the fact that the regional manager who was interviewing me was a well kept gorgeous avid gym participant and I am a fitness guru so scored points there. Expect to answer a lot of goal oriented questions.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

orca_chic in Austin, Texas

39 months ago

I have completed all of the interviews and also finished the background check and drug testing. I saw on hire rite's site that the process was finished, however I have not heard from the HR recruit about the decision yet. The class that they were wanting me to start training in starts on the 12 of September, so technically they still have plenty of time. Does anyone know what I should do? Is no news good news in this instance?

L HUNTER in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma

37 months ago

Host said: It's always hard to know what to expect when going in for that interview -- and preparation can make all the difference. What is the interview process like at AT&T?

Any advice on striking the right note?

I wrote about my experience of interviewing for a sales position with AT&T on my blog: www.sankofa-me-lately.com/2011/10/todd-pennington-at-oklahoma.html

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Payton in Louisville, Kentucky

37 months ago

I can not find the study guide for AT&T I have looked everywhere and it is not there if anyone can pull it up could you email it to me at payton588@insightbb.com i have my interview tomorrow thank you.

TahyNik in Toledo, Ohio

27 months ago

So did any of you ever get the job? I'm terrified now and do not want to wait a year just to be told no!

banimcg in Conway, Arkansas

27 months ago

orca_chic in Austin, Texas said: I have completed all of the interviews and also finished the background check and drug testing. I saw on hire rite's site that the process was finished, however I have not heard from the HR recruit about the decision yet. The class that they were wanting me to start training in starts on the 12 of September, so technically they still have plenty of time. Does anyone know what I should do? Is no news good news in this instance?

I would call just to check. My training starts Sept. 17th and they called me the day after my background said complete.

TahyNik in Toledo, Ohio

27 months ago

dave in West Chicago, Illinois said: Dave from Illinois --

It took me 6 mnths to get officially hired - They are very selective who they hire (Not refering to you or anyone) ATT is an aswesome company - very micro managing - Great benefits and a solid future -

I would think if they gave you a drug test your good to go - (It would be foolish for a multi-billion dollar company to pay for drug and back ground test if they were not going to hire you)

They like persistancy --- call everyday, ask how it is going - I sent an email just to wish my recruiter a great weekend - I went to Chicago in a suit waited outside the door to speak to someone - When a staff member opened the door (It was locked and secure) I put my foot in the door, introduced myself and asked when I would start - It paid off this is my 3 week at ATT !!!

David

my ex husband is a retail sales consultant and makes 20.25 an hour

TahyNik in Toledo, Ohio

27 months ago

marilynmonroe in chicago, Illinois said: Customer service reps at a&t DO NOT MAKE 70-80K a year!!! More like $10 to $12 an hour to start depending where you are located...pay is outlined in the union contract ....your wife's friends must be the CEO , CFO , and COO

my ex husband works as a retail sales consultant and makes 20.25 an hour

TahyNik in Toledo, Ohio

27 months ago

TahyNik in Toledo, Ohio said: my ex husband is a retail sales consultant and makes 20.25 an hour

i sent this to the wrong person, I apologize david

Byanes39 in Queens, New York

27 months ago

For me i got contacted after 2 weeks of filling out a application online and passing the assesment test my first interview was with a recruiter around my area it went great the type of questions he asked me was
1. Tell me about you
2. Tell me a situation where you turned a frustrated customer happy
3. Why should we hire you ?
4. Why did you decide to leave your last job
After the interview he told me i qualified for the position and he will contact the store managers for they could contact me for another interview...

A day later i got a call from a store manager from a store around my area this interview went ok he asked me the same questions but he asked more questions regarding about customers so if you interview with a store manager be ready to answer questions about providing customer service, after the interview he said hell let me know his decision in a week

A week later i got a call from the same recruiter that interviewed me and hes sheduling me for a interview with the district Manager which he said will be the final interview...ugh so many interviews guess itll all be worth it lol

TahyNik in Toledo, Ohio

27 months ago

I just had my first interview and i really hope i get it. why so many interviews?

Justin JP

26 months ago

Good Afternoon Everyone,

I finally not my job offer after a successful background check and three interviews. I will share later tonight my entire process and let everyone know exactly what to expect and how to over come the hurdles of a tough sales interview. Because there were tons of possible pitfalls in my way as I applied.

More to come!

Justin JP in Fayetteville, North Carolina

26 months ago

Good Morning,

As promised I am going to give a detailed account of my interview process with AT&T.

My process was a little more unique as I come from wireless experience with every major carrier, except AT&T (of course) and Sprint.

I began applying online back in December of 2011. After constant either "not considered at this time" or "resume acknowledged" around August of 2012 I decided to be a little more proactive. This was my 125th application placed with AT&T and I wanted to know what was the deal.

Back in 2009 I had applied with AT&T and actually got an interview. However, I cancelled that interview to take another position. I tracked down that email confirmation from the recruiter from 2009 and looked her name up. The former recruiter no longer worked for the company, but her number was still legitimate. I called the number and left a message. Two days later a recruiter called me and informed me that 90% of the positions with AT&T are filled internally. Sales Reps moving from store to store. The reason I never got a call back was due in part because of this. So she said she would set up a phone interview with the recruiter in my area. That Monday I had a phone interview. The interview lasted roughly 45 minutes. We discussed:

- Work History (explain what I did and how it related to AT&T)
- Asked 20 questions pertaining to different customer scenarios.

At the end of that interview she set me up with an in store interview a few days later. I found out they needed a new sales rep immediately so that is why they scheduled me so soon.

Make sure that you understand this was a "job preview" as they call it. She went over the job at the store. Asked a few questions. Allowed me to ask a few questions (which you always want to do. In fact ask ALOT OF QUESTIONS, even if they are total BS time wasting questions), this shows you are engaged. Finally we did a walk through the store and a chance to speak with a few sales reps. Let me say this...

26 months ago

try not to come off as arrogant. The managers often ask for feed back from their reps and if the reps sense that you are arrogant or even a threat they will not speak well of you. (I believe this is why I was not given the job at the store where I originally applied.)

At any rate after that interview I immediately sent a "Thank you" email to the recruiter. ALWAYS SEND A THANK YOU EMAIL!!!!!!!! Including in that email an outline of my qualifications and appreciate for the interview opportunity. Another week went by with no word. Application updated to "met minimum qualifications". Now I was getting concerned, so I called back. At this point I was told by the store manager that I would have to wait for word from the Hiring Manager. Two days later I got an email saying that the store manager selected someone else. BUMMER!!!!!!! However, the hiring manager said, "but I've set up another interview with you for another store" I knew this was my last shot. So I gave it my all.

In total this was a three hour interview that was absolutely the most fun interview I've ever been on. The store manager allowed his assistant manager and SSR (Sales Support Rep) to conduct the interview. They went over the store quotas, expectations, ect. Always take notes. It shows at attentiveness and seriousness. Also don't be afraid to ask for the job! Don't be afraid to tell them how bad you want it. I already had a decent salary so it wasn't like I had anything to lose.

At the end of the interview the hiring manager said they were impressed and that I would hear from them shortly. After about two weeks and seeing my application update from "met minimum qualifications" "resume forwarded to hiring manager to review" to finally "awaiting final decision" then "completed" I knew something was in the works.

On Thursday September 13, after having applied on August 16th I got a contingent job offer. She called me around 6:15PM EST.

Now the interesting and stressful part came...

26 months ago

THE BACKGROUND CHECK...

AT&T uses a third party company called HireRight. I've heard horror stories after horror stories about HireRight. I don't use drugs so I knew that would come back negative. But let me say this... EVERY SINGLE THING YOU PLACE ON THAT APPLICATION WILL BE VERIFIED. If it is not verifiable your offer will be rescinded. If your hiring dates are outside of a 4 month period your offer will be dinged a discrepancy. In my case because I served in the military I placed my start date as the date I swore in during MEPS. However, the military places your start the date as the date which you start active duty for Basic Training. (small discrepancy easily explained...) No problem there. My only concern was my criminal record. Which let me say is as detailed as any other portion.

Every address that pulls on your background check a criminal record is pulled from that county. Because I had served on active duty in over 5 stations a background check was pulled for each of those counties. A national report was pulled. A federal report was pulled as well. HireRight goes deep! I have no criminal history.

However,

I've read many people who have had concerns about misdemeanors. It's this simple... If you have a DUI or reckless driving within the last 7 years. No matter if the ticket was paid your offer will be rescinded. I had three driving while suspended in a three year period all tickets were paid. It did not disqualify me. So I'm assuming a DUS isn't enough to disqualify you.

However, once the background check came back (a week later because of all the counties they had to pull because of my military history) she informed me that because of the three DUS the decision wasn't hers to make. This scared the CRAP out of me. But I stayed patient.

26 months ago

She told me it had to be adjudicated by her boss. She called me the following day to tell me that my background had cleared. I had to complete the NewHire Portal and I was complete. The entire background check took approximately 5 days. Let me repeat. Everything you put on your application will be verified. The best thing to do with the background check is PLEASE... REPORT EVERYTHING. If you have a DUI and don't report it your offer will be rescinded. If you have a DUS and don't report it your offer will be rescinded. It shows a lack of integrity. Just report it. Just report it!

I start my training in Raleigh, NC October 15. Training is 4 weeks. Two weeks in Raleigh. One week in the store. And back to Raleigh to finish it out.

The entire process is long. It took literally a month. So if you're applying, please be patient. I know it's hard, but be patient. The process takes about a month anything less than a month is really the exception.

Be proactive. GO TO THE STORE. Be seen by the store manager. Drop off your resume. Show interests. If I hadn't taken the steps I took and hunted down my answer I would have NEVER been selected. So sometimes when your back is against the wall, you have to come out swinging for yourself. I did that and now I'm in! Starting a new chapter!

For those that are afraid about simple traffic tickets. As long as you don't have a DUI or some form of reckless driving you will be fine.

Good Luck to any future applicants who will read this!

I start training in three weeks so I will be back to give an update on that as well. If you have any questions about the process please shoot me a reply. Need help with the interview. Shoot me reply. It was my sales experience from Verizon that landed me this job, because I already know the industry backwards and forwards! So I can give great tips!

Seeya Later!

Sorry for the typos!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No Reply - Report abuse

26 months ago

Oh....

Left something out... If they can't verify your employment, they will request W-2's... They will ONLY ACCEPT W-2's. So if you know you worked for a business that was out of business (like two of mine were) have W-2's ready to fax or email in. I already had mine ready so it took nothing. If you don't have them, call the IRS and have them fax you a copy of your transcript. It takes about 20-30 minutes to talk to someone and another 10-15 for them to fax it. Be patient. Once you receive the transcript circle the date and notate in writing which job this references. This will do it.

If you cannot verify an employer... YOUR OFFER WILL BE RESCINDED. So if you don't want that employer to be verified, DO NOT PUT THEM ON THE APPLICATION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No Reply - Report abuse

Page:  « Previous   1  2  3  4  5  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.