AT&T Interview Questions.

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (151 to 200 of 265)
Page:  « Previous   1  2  3  4  5  6  Next »   Last »

dystined in GA

66 months ago

KC,I have great news! I did speak with my old Manager today and she was very aware of the two entries however she said that they should have expired after 6 months because they were only counsels and that since its been almost two yrs they shouldn't even be showing. She stated that she would contact H.R dept and have them remove and update my file and then she would advise Staffing Manager that my file has been updated once she hears from them! She apologized but said sometimes things happen and get overlooked but, thankfully all is gonna be well.she stated that the 0Staffing Manager wouldn't of had access so he wouldn't have known.ok so I've rattled on and on byt, hopefully all will be well now!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

KC Fan in California

66 months ago

dystined, I am glad it worked out. It is good you left on good terms with your old boss...always good not to burn your bridges. It is also good that you know what to expect from the job and AT&T regarding it's culture, so you won't be in for a shock. There are good things and not so good things about AT&T, but bottom line: it is always good to have a job. Good luck and let me know when you get the official offer.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Shalonda Foreman in Danville, Illinois

65 months ago

kaydeyell in Atlanta, Georgia said: I'll tell you what to expect........if you are not black I honestly don't think you stand a chance. I come from 26 years of sales and customer service and after jumping through all of their hoops I was told I didn't qualify (BEI test)afater being "interviewed" by an extremely "overworked and sooooooo tired" ....... I quote! 25ish, black interviewer! While I was at their Kennesaw site I saw at least 100 people (not many were businesslike looking at all) and only saw three white people (I swear!).

So what are you saying that you did not get the job because you were white? Are you serious! I went to the testing and only three black people were in there so now what?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

65 months ago

I filled out my app on line and took the test that Monday, I have not recieved an email yet is that good? If so what is my next step?

JAC in San Antonio, Texas

65 months ago

kaydeyell in Atlanta, Georgia said: I'll tell you what to expect........if you are not black I honestly don't think you stand a chance. I come from 26 years of sales and customer service and after jumping through all of their hoops I was told I didn't qualify (BEI test)afater being "interviewed" by an extremely "overworked and sooooooo tired" ....... I quote! 25ish, black interviewer! While I was at their Kennesaw site I saw at least 100 people (not many were businesslike looking at all) and only saw three white people (I swear!).
Kay
---------------

Kaydeyell: did you ever stop to think that you just didn't past the test? Sounds like you come from the Baby Boomer era that still has a burr up their buns about other then whites qualifying on jobs! I'm white and tired of hearing BS like that.

Get over it and test again in 6 mos., if you really want to work at AT&T!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

am1984 in Memphis, Tennessee

65 months ago

so i applied to an admin assistance position at att. i am currently a csr there. i have had the first and second interview now i have a follow up meeting and i am dying to know what is is about. is it to tell me i got the job or that i didn't. has anyone had a follow up meeting b/f?

65 months ago

am1984 in Memphis, Tennessee said: so i applied to an admin assistance position at att. i am currently a csr there. i have had the first and second interview now i have a follow up meeting and i am dying to know what is is about. is it to tell me i got the job or that i didn't. has anyone had a follow up meeting b/f?

Since you are already an employee, did you put in a transfer? They usually go by transfer and then test for typing. Either you pass or fail. But then again, this is AT&T.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

KC Fan in California

65 months ago

am1984: admin assistant position is salaried. ususally reports to 3rd level manager. did you go through career path? if so, who were the 2 interviews with? one with staffing manager and the other with the hiring manager (person you'd be working for)? if so, sounds like this meeting is about a job offer and meeting the existing staff. if you did not qualify, they would tell you over the phone and not in person. FYI - only say nice or neutral things on this site because it looks like you are using your user id. at&t is monitoring this site. good luck.

KC Fan in California

65 months ago

JAC: how have you been? haven't seen you on the site in a while. hope all is well with retirement.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

65 months ago

KC Fan in California said: JAC: how have you been? haven't seen you on the site in a while. hope all is well with retirement.

Hi KC: My retirement is taking a swim with the Tidy Bowl man. Otherwise ok. How have you been? Wow you caught the userid on another poster quick. I've been away so long it flew over my head!

Have a happy and safe Thanksgiving!

KC Fan in California

65 months ago

i've been good, just need a vacation. they've been training us for you-know-what next year, so i'm trying to keep up with my workload and the training...it's difficult. i'll be an installation tech. never done that job before, not sure how i was pegged for that, but i'm just praying everyone comes to their senses and it doesn't happen. you have a wonderful Thanksgiving too. hey, if they ask, would you consider coming back for the you-know-what?

65 months ago

KC Fan in California said: i've been good, just need a vacation. they've been training us for you-know-what next year, so i'm trying to keep up with my workload and the training...it's difficult. i'll be an installation tech. never done that job before, not sure how i was pegged for that, but i'm just praying everyone comes to their senses and it doesn't happen. you have a wonderful Thanksgiving too. hey, if they ask, would you consider coming back for the you-know-what?

KC, last time we were doing you-know-what, installation techs didn't even go out. In fact, we had some folks from HQ come in and they didn't even know how to use the data bases to place orders and get them in the system. Now thats going to really effect large services and t-1's, T-3's and larger. They will get designed wrong if they get designed at all, and then not installed for a long time. In fact, everyone that had been thrown into jobs couldn't do much. I hope they come to their senses but since the economy tanked, my gut is it will be somewhat long. Come back for that, probably not. In fact, you wouldn't believe all the retired managers who have said not only no, but H*LL NO!. I don't envy you because I know it will be rough, for both sides. But, most of the younger and new people don't understand either side of the issue nor do they care. Having said that, they will walk across and then when the going gets super tough, will most likely bale out. Sorry to be so negative, but the current generation doesn't stick around like us long standing or former experienced folks. Now that I have been such a ray of sunshine, (sorry), still get some rest over the holidays if possible and when you can, and be safe through Thanksgiving!

Justmaintaining in Peachy State, Georgia

65 months ago

Just wishing all to have a Great Thanksgiving Celebration

rascal in Tampa, Florida

65 months ago

Will be interviewing with AT&T in the very near future. Probably as a MAR (Major Accounts)
I have been told there there are some technical questions asked regarding Frame Relay, operating systems, hubs, routers, speed of T1 and so on. Can anyone provide me with this list of questions for study? Thanks in advance!

kim1960 in Chicago, Illinois

65 months ago

David in Bartlett, Illinois said:

I am hoping you can help or someone else can. Does anyone know the hours at the service center in Chicago? I got called for drug testing today and they are going to start the background check. The lady that called said the service center hours in chicago were 7a.m. until 6p.m. M-F and 7am. until 4pm on saturday. I seem to remember when I interviewed that the hours were 8am until 9pm can anyone help?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Missz B in Virgin Islands, U.S.

65 months ago

I have my second interview in about 2 days. I never knew there were more than one interview for a retail position. I met with the manager on the first one and I am unaware of who I am going to meet on the next. Does anyone have any advice for me about the second interview?

65 months ago

who do you contact to find out if you want to know something?

Amber Mitchell in Port Huron, Michigan

65 months ago

KC Fan in California said: i've been good, just need a vacation. they've been training us for you-know-what next year, so i'm trying to keep up with my workload and the training...it's difficult. i'll be an installation tech. never done that job before, not sure how i was pegged for that, but i'm just praying everyone comes to their senses and it doesn't happen. you have a wonderful Thanksgiving too. hey, if they ask, would you consider coming back for the you-know-what?

KC if your talking about April I think it's going to happen =( How long do you think it will last though?? I am soo not looking forward to this at all I have began putting money away from each check to get by when it does happen.

65 months ago

I'm sorry those of you currently employed with AT&T may be faced with some adversities the year of 2009. I'm sure it will take place because every position I applied for a response has come back to contact an Outsource because all positions with AT&T have been closed. Just be sure to manage your current income and know that you all will be okay when things start to take place. I hope things get better so you all can be at peace. I thank each of you that answered any concerns I had during the time I was applying. I will check in from time to time to say hello especially to KC Fan in Cali...Thanks!

terrance miller in Conyers, Georgia

65 months ago

dystined in GA said: Hey Naturalee, have you heard anything yet? For I know that Conyers has another class starting on Nov 17, as well as dec and Jan.I hate to read all these posts, it bothers me and I'm hoping I can be of some assistance, but remember Prayer is not only Powerful but it also Changes things!

Do you know if they have another class starting this month?

kollette27 in Poulan, Georgia

65 months ago

JAC in San Antonio, Texas said: KC, last time we were doing you-know-what, installation techs didn't even go out. In fact, we had some folks from HQ come in and they didn't even know how to use the data bases to place orders and get them in the system. Now thats going to really effect large services and t-1's, T-3's and larger. They will get designed wrong if they get designed at all, and then not installed for a long time. In fact, everyone that had been thrown into jobs couldn't do much. I hope they come to their senses but since the economy tanked, my gut is it will be somewhat long. Come back for that, probably not. In fact, you wouldn't believe all the retired managers who have said not only no, but H*LL NO!. I don't envy you because I know it will be rough, for both sides. But, most of the younger and new people don't understand either side of the issue nor do they care. Having said that, they will walk across and then when the going gets super tough, will most likely bale out. Sorry to be so negative, but the current generation doesn't stick around like us long standing or former experienced folks. Now that I have been such a ray of sunshine, (sorry), still get some rest over the holidays if possible and when you can, and be safe through Thanksgiving!

Could you please elaborate in private about the "you know whats"? I am scared to death after reading this. I am young, 29, 4 kids, and I have Multiple Sclerosis, I was laid off when I got this job with ATT, Im an ssr now, and I cannot afford to loose my job. I love my job, its great. I really need to know the deal just so I can sleep at night. My email is dalillady_24@yahoo.com. I wont reply if you dont want, but I really feel I need an explanation now. Thanks, Amanda

65 months ago

Yes same here! With all of this you know what stuff if you could always reply to me. I just know with everything happening next year things are getting very scary. So anyone with any information would definately be appreciated and I know it would have to be coming from the management.

65 months ago

rascal in Tampa, Florida said: Will be interviewing with AT&T in the very near future. Probably as a MAR (Major Accounts)
I have been told there there are some technical questions asked regarding Frame Relay, operating systems, hubs, routers, speed of T1 and so on. Can anyone provide me with this list of questions for study? Thanks in advance!

Frame relay, do you know the speeds, etc. operating systems are what the customers have will it work with AT&T, hubs are the primary Central offices established for these services, routers vary to work with your highspeed, T-1's T-3's, T-1 is a pipe that will run 24 circuits up to a total maximun of 1.544, T-3's will host up to 48 circuits or trunks, etc. Find a book on integrated services at Barnes & Nobles or Borders. I used to work with these products all the time. All circuits are digital, no analog, and T-3's you can run several locations off of the T locally or ld.

65 months ago

Do you know the number to call and see what is going on with your test results?

65 months ago

kollette27 in Poulan, Georgia said: Could you please elaborate in private about the "you know whats"? I am scared to death after reading this. I am young, 29, 4 kids, and I have Multiple Sclerosis, I was laid off when I got this job with ATT, Im an ssr now, and I cannot afford to loose my job. I love my job, its great. I really need to know the deal just so I can sleep at night. My email is dalillady_24@yahoo.com. I wont reply if you dont want, but I really feel I need an explanation now. Thanks, Amanda

Amanda, sent you an email.

65 months ago

Amber Mitchell in Port Huron, Michigan said: Yes same here! With all of this you know what stuff if you could always reply to me. I just know with everything happening next year things are getting very scary. So anyone with any information would definately be appreciated and I know it would have to be coming from the management.

Amber, you are correct it IS going to happen and will not be a short one. AT&T history is usually 3-6 mos. I worked with SBC and when we had Ed Whitacre as CEO, in 32 yrs with the company, we only went once and it was 4 days. Prior, the one before was in 1983, it was 21 days and he was not CEO.

Again, AT&T plays hardball and their intent is to break what they don't want.

65 months ago

****12,000 to Be Layed off from AT&T*****

KC: are any positions in your department? I understand residence, collections, Global, etc., will be hit across the nation due to loss of landlines.

FYI: Just in case anyone hasn't thought about it, if we are hit by terrorists again, and we will be, Cell phones go down. All that was working in NY back in 2001 after we were attacked, were the landline phones.

KC Fan in California

65 months ago

JAC in San Antonio, Texas said: ****12,000 to Be Layed off from AT&T*****

KC: are any positions in your department? I understand residence, collections, Global, etc., will be hit across the nation due to loss of landlines.

FYI: Just in case anyone hasn't thought about it, if we are hit by terrorists again, and we will be, Cell phones go down. All that was working in NY back in 2001 after we were attacked, were the landline phones.

You are right...people don't realize how important land lines are. No official word on my department. This is very scary. I was anticipating lay offs, but I didn't this many people would be affected. Plus I thought they would wait until after the contract was settled.

kollette27 in Poulan, Georgia

65 months ago

So does anyone know if it is only the landline side that people are getting laid off from, or both landline and mobility? I am in mobility and just got hired in Oct. You know they saw this comming so why hire all of these people when you foresee layoffs?

KC Fan in California

65 months ago

kollette27 in Poulan, Georgia said: So does anyone know if it is only the landline side that people are getting laid off from, or both landline and mobility? I am in mobility and just got hired in Oct. You know they saw this comming so why hire all of these people when you foresee layoffs?

From what I understand, it's the landline side that is affected. Mobility is growing...the news says by 14% over last year, so that side should not be affected. AT&T will continue to maintain/add headcount to business units that have growth, like Uverse and your group.

65 months ago

This is all getting a bit ridiculous with everything going on in our company. Today at work was filled with all sorts of questions as everyone was puzzled. The management is really going crazy at my center because they feel they will be gone in a heartbeat. KC or JAC if you could privately e-mail me as well about all of this "youknowwhat" I just am really starting to get terrified about my job and I really am going to consider getting out before $h!+ hits the fan because god knows I cannot survive without a job and I am barely getting by as a single mother right now with my salary. gbmscheerchicky15@yahoo.com Its greatly appreciated!

KC Fan in California

65 months ago

Amber Mitchell in Port Huron, Michigan said: This is all getting a bit ridiculous with everything going on in our company. Today at work was filled with all sorts of questions as everyone was puzzled. The management is really going crazy at my center because they feel they will be gone in a heartbeat. KC or JAC if you could privately e-mail me as well about all of this "youknowwhat" I just am really starting to get terrified about my job and I really am going to consider getting out before $h!+ hits the fan because god knows I cannot survive without a job and I am barely getting by as a single mother right now with my salary. gbmscheerchicky15@yahoo.com Its greatly appreciated!

just emailed you.

65 months ago

KC: did you attend the Conference in San Francisco 3 yrs ago? It was the Performance of Excellence (or something like that). It was at the Fairmont Hotel (before SBC merged AT&T in). I might have met you there.

By the way, has your office been told if and how many will be layed off in your group?

dre132000 in Augusta, Georgia

62 months ago

terrance miller in Conyers, Georgia said: Conyers hopefully..

Can you tell me where the conyers office is located please
address and if you can phone number and/or email
Thanks

BlakPsych in Detroit, Michigan

60 months ago

KC Fan in California said: From what I understand, it's the landline side that is affected. Mobility is growing...the news says by 14% over last year, so that side should not be affected. AT&T will continue to maintain/add headcount to business units that have growth, like Uverse and your group.

Hello, whats good all my beautiful people out there! Can someone help me to succeed and excel by dominating on passing the employment test. I did not pass all six except for one which is the Customer Reprsentative test. I'm mad because it is easy, understandable and self explanitory and I it did not count because I took the same test twice for the same position and I did not pass it the first time. Recently I took a "customer facing profile" and did not pass that one either. I was told to wait six months. What can I do on how to pass the test the right way?

60 months ago

KC Fan in California said: Hey everyone. I know there's some negative things on this blog about AT&T, but the job market is tight. If you get a job offer, then take it. I've been a manager at AT&T for almost 20 years. No, I am not the happiest I've ever been, but I've been here long enough to remember to good old days. But the good old days are not profitable for companies anymore. If your expectation is a pay check in exchange for work, then that is what you'll get. AT&T is not a country club, they expect you to be on time and show up to work everyday ready to work. They expect that emergency family situations be kept to a minimum, or not at all. If you have kids and family members that can back you up, it can work for you. If you are willing to work hard and meet objects, then it can work. You will meet some good people here, but some will be not be. Just like any other place. Will you get burned out? Yes you will, just like any place else. It all depends on your mind set. Good luck and I will be happy to help if I can.

How are you, I recently took a "customer facing profile" test for AT&T. Unfortunately I did not pass because of the scoring scale is so strange and also the questions are so easy but the answers have to be answer correctly. What is the best and successful way to pass these employment tests? I also read all the books that is required for me to read, but nothing on the test pertains to what I read in the books, whats going on? What can i do to pass these type of personality tests?

60 months ago

Hello, whats good all my beautiful people out there! Can someone help me to succeed and excel by dominating on passing the employment test. I did not pass all six except for one which is the Customer Reprsentative test. I'm mad because it is easy, understandable and self explanitory and I it did not count because I took the same test twice for the same position and I did not pass it the first time. Recently I took a "customer facing profile" and did not pass that one either. I was told to wait six months. What can I do on how to pass the test the right way?

60 months ago

KC Fan in California said: Hey everyone. I know there's some negative things on this blog about AT&T, but the job market is tight. If you get a job offer, then take it. I've been a manager at AT&T for almost 20 years. No, I am not the happiest I've ever been, but I've been here long enough to remember to good old days. But the good old days are not profitable for companies anymore. If your expectation is a pay check in exchange for work, then that is what you'll get. AT&T is not a country club, they expect you to be on time and show up to work everyday ready to work. They expect that emergency family situations be kept to a minimum, or not at all. If you have kids and family members that can back you up, it can work for you. If you are willing to work hard and meet objects, then it can work. You will meet some good people here, but some will be not be. Just like any other place. Will you get burned out? Yes you will, just like any place else. It all depends on your mind set. Good luck and I will be happy to help if I can.

60 months ago

Justmaintaining in Peachy State, Georgia said: Thank You for the information and I will keep you posted. You just make sure you check the forum more oftem....lol! Have A Good Week!

60 months ago

Naturallee Sweet in Conyers, Georgia said: WOW! Next Tuesday. It would be nice if they let me know before Friday. I know they interviewed 130 people. I think the class size is 35 or so. Let me know if you hear anything and I will do the same.

60 months ago

60 months ago

terrance miller in Conyers, Georgia said: Hey I have also been interviewed in conyers and I haven't heard anything yet. I was sent an email on the 28th of July saying I passed the BEI. Still no word from staffing. How did it go??

Curosity MLJ in Conyers, Georgia

60 months ago

dre132000 in Augusta, Georgia said: Can you tell me where the conyers office is located please
address and if you can phone number and/or email
Thanks

Did you pass the Customer Facing Profile Interview?

Curosity MLJ in Conyers, Georgia

60 months ago

I went back after six months from not passing my BEI Interview and didn't have to take the computer test again, only the Customer Facing Profile,in which I studied examples from the Study guide straight to the point Situation,Task,Action Results... Questions that the Interviewer asked regarding role playing as an AT&T Client attempt to sell their products. My assumption, it's all up to the Interviewer as who they want to hire. I have over 15 years of Sales experience in which it doesn't make a difference with AT&T Interviewers, they want specific answers in which I obviously didn't have being denied the position as Customer Sales Associate. However, I took the Star test for a Bank in which the questions were similar, The Interviewer stated that I would do excellent in Customer Service in which they were hiring for Teller.

60 months ago

no, but I have to wait six months from now. it is very easy, how do you pass it? I read majority of the books and still did not pass it; plus the questions they were asking is self opinionated personality questions, how do you pass them?

60 months ago

Hey I just received an e-mail to take the assessment online is that something promising or just formality? Thanks

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

60 months ago

I received another email requesting to complete an application is that promising? Thanks

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

60 months ago

ok, so you are on the same page as I am. I appllying for other positions as well. Which ones are you applying for?

60 months ago

nope, finish up your application and put your resume in

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

60 months ago

There is no telling, AT&T is so unpredictable, so all i can tell you is do the best you can and tell me what happened

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Page:  « Previous   1  2  3  4  5  6  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.