Comments (201 to 221 of 221)
Page:  « First « Previous   2  3  4  5   

Justin JP in Fayetteville, North Carolina

27 months ago

I sincerely hopes this helps someone!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No Reply - Report abuse

nerdrage in La Puente, California

27 months ago

Do you think I should list a misdemeanor from 20 yrs ago as a minor for a fight? or do they even check that far back? ive had nothing since then.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Justin JP in Union, South Carolina

27 months ago

nerdrage in La Puente, California said: Do you think I should list a misdemeanor from 20 yrs ago as a minor for a fight? or do they even check that far back? ive had nothing since then.

HireRight does a 7 year criminal background check. It is thorough and detailed. Do not list it because it will not show up on the background check. Just ensure that you list anything on your record within the last 5-7 years. Remember if you do not list it and it comes up they will rescind your offer.

nerdrage in La Puente, California

27 months ago

Justin JP in Union, South Carolina said: HireRight does a 7 year criminal background check. It is thorough and detailed. Do not list it because it will not show up on the background check. Just ensure that you list anything on your record within the last 5-7 years. Remember if you do not list it and it comes up they will rescind your offer.

Thanks for your reply. I have read from these forums by at least 5 different posters who replied on several different threads that they go back about 7-8 years so it would seem you personally experienced the same time line. The reason I even asked was on a different thread under at&t in here, someone actually said they had a misdemeanor from 16 years ago and he didnt list it so he thinks his offer was rescinded although he did not state specifically why at&t rescinded their offer. I'm thinking now that this particular poster had other issues in his background other then just the Misdemeanor from 16 years ago that he kept out.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Justin JP in Union, South Carolina

27 months ago

nerdrage in La Puente, California said: Thanks for your reply. I have read from these forums by at least 5 different posters who replied on several different threads that they go back about 7-8 years so it would seem you personally experienced the same time line. The reason I even asked was on a different thread under at&t in here, someone actually said they had a misdemeanor from 16 years ago and he didnt list it so he thinks his offer was rescinded although he did not state specifically why at&t rescinded their offer. I'm thinking now that this particular poster had other issues in his background other then just the Misdemeanor from 16 years ago that he kept out.

AT&T makes it very clear that their background check doesn't exceed 5-7 years. No MISDEMEANOR from 20 years ago is going to keep an applicant from being hired. I have a personal copy of my HireRight file from both employers and it specifically states that the records only go back 7 years. So yes I saw the thread you were referring to. That applicant had something else AT&T looked at and rescinded their offer. It takes a very serious crime for AT&T to rescind their offer. In my case remember I had 3 DUS charges in a 3 year period (one removed) and still got the job. Those all in South Carolina count as misdemeanors. Violent offenses, theft, or reckless driving including DUI (reported or not) will end your employment search with AT&T guaranteed.

So to your question a fight you got in 20 years ago will not show on your criminal background check with HireRight. They do not pull that far back.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

hello in North Dartmouth, Massachusetts

20 months ago

You call comment on this like it's your only chance to get a job. I want to know what type of questions they ask applications developers.

Teshhh in High Ridge, Missouri

19 months ago

So, I had my first interview today after applying just last week. Interview went GREAT & I am now scheduled for a 2nd interview at the store tomorrow, the staffing manager said something about a "Realistic Job Preview"? My question is, what is this & what should I expect?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

ReadyToWork12 in Texas

19 months ago

Teshhh in High Ridge, Missouri said: So, I had my first interview today after applying just last week. Interview went GREAT & I am now scheduled for a 2nd interview at the store tomorrow, the staffing manager said something about a "Realistic Job Preview"? My question is, what is this & what should I expect?

First off, what position did you apply for?

CS in Morgantown, West Virginia

19 months ago

Hello I applied for an Retail Sales Consultant at AT&T about three weeks ago. I had an interview with the area manager and it went well. She said she would contact me in a week to discuss the training process because she had to figure out how it could work around my school. After two weeks I finally called the store that I interviewed for and they said she was out on leave due to surgery and they didn't know how long it would be before she was back. I was wondering if anyone could give me some advice on what to do if I should just wait or if you think i'm not candidate for the position anymore. I was also wondering how long the hiring process usually takes?
Thank You.

ReadyToWork12 in Texas

19 months ago

CS in Morgantown, West Virginia said: Hello I applied for an Retail Sales Consultant at AT&T about three weeks ago. I had an interview with the area manager and it went well. She said she would contact me in a week to discuss the training process because she had to figure out how it could work around my school. After two weeks I finally called the store that I interviewed for and they said she was out on leave due to surgery and they didn't know how long it would be before she was back. I was wondering if anyone could give me some advice on what to do if I should just wait or if you think i'm not candidate for the position anymore. I was also wondering how long the hiring process usually takes?
Thank You.

Contact your hiring manager.

CS in Morgantown, West Virginia

19 months ago

I did he didn't say much besides they were looking at other candidates as well. I feel like I'm now at a disadvantage because I didn't get to interview with him.

Sandy in Concord, California

16 months ago

Ok Pep's Does someone know what happen if you fail the assessment test..
what the process ????

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

TY504 in chestertown, Maryland

15 months ago

a friend referred me so i applied a few days ago for the RSC position, i know that its a pretty long process for some, so im up for the wait. my friend has been working for a total of 7 months and has made a little over 40k...yeah i thought she was joking too until she proved it to me, so the pay is realistic! my current status is "resume acknowledged" but like i said i applied a few days ago, i both assessments in the same night too. so what is this TEST everyone is talking about???? i just viewed to study guide online i was curious.

Andrew in Orlando, Florida

15 months ago

Im im miami and I was interview by someone name Dexter , this is the must unfair interview that I have been in my entire life , 13 years of mananagement expiriece and salesanagement and after hour and 30 min of questions i never got a call , all of my answers came out great .... Why .... Becouse i do have experience recruiting no sales associates ...... Store managers and i know what they are looking for them you have to go to the store and see that there ate people that dont even speak english , people tgat dont even know what their selling , people that dont know business strategies to make nimbers , people who who dont lnow how to selll and they are working there ..... Guess what people I was denied becouse a cople months later at coral gable store my brother make a complain a huge complaim becouse they did not want to udgrade my phone after they making a mistake on the dates and I end it up upset with the blond guys that use to call himsef an asm there , I have to leave the store and go to another one in mall ghe las americas where I found Eric .... Ehat a great manager . When I went to the interview the guy from coral gable store was there and becouse I was the one complaining for a mistake i was the one refuce for a position . Does any situation like this must determine my elegibility for a position ? As a customer i have ghe rigjh to ask for help becouse we pay for att does not guve me anything for free and this guy not only were estremelly rude but told me att will not do anything to help you ...... Really even when i knew i was right ...... As a store manager i know when i have the right to ask for certein rhinks or not and i will never treat or irrispect a customer the way I was ..... Same guy was on the interview ............. This is how unfair is the process .

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Nancy in Charlotte, North Carolina

14 months ago

Intouch in Marietta, Georgia said: Can you tell me where the Atlanta Test Center is? I have to go there tomorrow to take the test. I was told it was in downtown Atlanta, but that's all I know.

This is true. I applied for a call center service/sales position that I was extremely qualified for. I passed the computer tests quickly, passed the behavioral test with no problems, passed my phone interview, but when I went in for my face to face interview I realized the entire company was African-American. Literally every single employee including the security officers were all black. I was quite taken aback because most companies strive for diversity and this was blatant racism.

I thought my interview went great. I studied and researched what questions would be asked and prepared myself accordingly. I thought I did very well and within 2 hours was informed by email that I failed my interview. I believe I was not hired because I'm not black and wouldn't have fit in with the company's chosen race.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

ddreher87 in San Antonio, Texas

14 months ago

Hello, I have passed the test for the Premises Technician for AT&T. I have just recieved the next step to go in for the Realistic Job Interview. I was hoping to get some insight on the best ways to answer. Unfortunately, I do not have real life technician experience but work at Home Depot and am taking all the product knowledge videos of the electrical section and hardware. I am wantint this job really badly and am working out daily and attempting to learn as much as I can to prepare for this job and get it! Feel free to e-mail me as much information as you would like. My e-mail is ddreher87 @ hotmail . COM (spaced to reduce potential spammers). Thank you!

bdubs

14 months ago

Tell me about yourself. tell me about a time when you had to persuade someone. what do you like most about your current job? Why would you be a good fit with AT&T? Tell me about your most difficult situation and how you handled it. tell me about a time where you were proud of the way you handled a situation. tell me about a time when management told you that you needed to improve on something and how you dealt with the negative feedback. I'm going to role play and act like I'm a customer at your current job. Sell to me.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

Sweet Jane in Midland, Texas

13 months ago

Justin JP in Union, South Carolina said: AT&T makes it very clear that their background check doesn't exceed 5-7 years. No MISDEMEANOR from 20 years ago is going to keep an applicant from being hired. I have a personal copy of my HireRight file from both employers and it specifically states that the records only go back 7 years. So yes I saw the thread you were referring to. That applicant had something else AT&T looked at and rescinded their offer. It takes a very serious crime for AT&T to rescind their offer. In my case remember I had 3 DUS charges in a 3 year period (one removed) and still got the job. Those all in South Carolina count as misdemeanors. Violent offenses, theft, or reckless driving including DUI (reported or not) will end your employment search with AT&T guaranteed.

So to your question a fight you got in 20 years ago will not show on your criminal background check with HireRight. They do not pull that far back.

It's obviously on a case by case basis because I had a DUI and that didn't prevent me from getting a retail sales position with AT&T. So no, it's not guaranteed it'll prevent future employment, however it may interrupt/end current employment so always remember to make good choices. My DUI doesn't define who I am today. We all are human and make mistakes, it's whether we learn from them or not and how we progress is what truly will define us in the long run. Don't ever limit yourself. If you feel you truly have what it takes, apply. The worst that can happen is you won't get the position. All you can do is hope for the best and expect the worst.

NuklearKrisis in Granada Hills, California

9 months ago

Has anyone had an interview for a AT&T NOC position? I am a Cisco network operations technician and very much want to work for a ISP like AT&T. Because it is such a large corporation I was wondering how brutal the interview is for a networking job. I am not a network engineer yet, so not that crazy, like CCIE level. But I knew a guy who interviewed for IBM for a programming position. They gave him math tests (which is understandable for a programming job) and he had to go through seven interviews with multiple people each! I don't think I could survive that, not working for IBM that is for sure.

Andrew in Miami, Florida

9 months ago

Walk away from att

Ballzdeep in Beaverton, Oregon

1 month ago

Andrew in Orlando, Florida said: Im im miami and I was interview by someone name Dexter , this is the must unfair interview that I have been in my entire life , 13 years of mananagement expiriece and salesanagement and after hour and 30 min of questions i never got a call , all of my answers came out great .... Why .... Becouse i do have experience recruiting no sales associates ...... Store managers and i know what they are looking for them you have to go to the store and see that there ate people that dont even speak english , people tgat dont even know what their selling , people that dont know business strategies to make nimbers , people who who dont lnow how to selll and they are working there ..... Guess what people I was denied becouse a cople months later at coral gable store my brother make a complain a huge complaim becouse they did not want to udgrade my phone after they making a mistake on the dates and I end it up upset with the blond guys that use to call himsef an asm there , I have to leave the store and go to another one in mall ghe las americas where I found Eric .... Ehat a great manager . When I went to the interview the guy from coral gable store was there and becouse I was the one complaining for a mistake i was the one refuce for a position . Does any situation like this must determine my elegibility for a position ? As a customer i have ghe rigjh to ask for help becouse we pay for att does not guve me anything for free and this guy not only were estremelly rude but told me att will not do anything to help you ...... Really even when i knew i was right ...... As a store manager i know when i have the right to ask for certein rhinks or not and i will never treat or irrispect a customer the way I was ..... Same guy was on the interview ............. This is how unfair is the process .

I think your spelling/grammar may have had something to do with your not getting the position.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

Page:  « First « Previous   2  3  4  5   

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.