AT&T Poor Ethics

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (6)

Monsoon4130 in Burnsville, Minnesota

26 months ago

AT&T "ethics" will not make an acception around their training practices. Even in the case of a funeral when a parent dies. If you miss a day of training, you will lose your job. What kind of company is so cold hearted and makes a person choose between a job to take care of his family and not being able to say good bye to your parent and take care of the things you normally would have to?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Monsoon4130 in Austin, Texas

26 months ago

To better explain -
I have a close friend who very recently got a job with AT&T. He was excited. He'd been looking for a job and thankfully, this one came around for him. Tragically, his father passed away in the last few days. Unfortunately, he will not be able to attend his father's funeral—nor his daughter attend her grandfather's funeral—because AT&T has a "zero tolerance" policy on missing time of training for new hires. Incredibly demented management and rules. Life happens, and my friend has to chose job over funeral so he can support his family and pay his bills. It goes without saying that he'll be seeking a new job in the near term—but for me, any company that can be this heartless and cold—I think pass on your products and service for the remainder of my life.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

BrianS in Hartford, Connecticut

26 months ago

I'm in the training now and we just went over that and there ok they will just reschedule it

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

ashley

26 months ago

BrianS in Hartford, Connecticut said: I'm in the training now and we just went over that and there ok they will just reschedule it

I will start my training on Nov 9. How is hard is the training?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

BrianS in Watertown, Massachusetts

26 months ago

ashley said: I will start my training on Nov 9. How is hard is the training?

So far the training is easy and common sense it's all about customer service i'm having fun. can't wait to see what instore for week 2

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

marcmoral16 in New York, New York

26 months ago

They will reschedule training it happened to people in my class.....so im a bit baffled

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.