AT&T Sales Support Representative

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (5)

jjatin1990 in Poughkeepsie, New York

21 months ago

Hello all. I applied for this position on the 21st and the same day I got a call for a phone interview later today. I've done my research and got some possible interview questions they might ask as well as things I would say relating to past customer service experience. I would also like to hear from people on here about their experiences with the interview process. What questions were you asked, what was training like, what the position is like(details aside from past or current employees that can't be found in the job description). Thanks!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Justin JP

21 months ago

In interview process will vary by management. The phone interview will focus on your past experience. Be prepared to explain how your past experience aligns with the position for which you are applying. Be prepared to answer about 10-15 questions dealing with various customer service questions.

For example:

When was the last time you had a dissatisfied customer? What did you do to turn the customer around? How did you solve the customer's problem?

Be prepared to answer those types of questions. Many people use the "STAR" method

-Situation
-Task
-Action
-Result

Just be detailed and honest. Make sure to stay on topic. Answer the question specifically and don't make stuff up. It is rather easy to hear BS. The interview will last between 35-45 minutes. I use this moment to reiterate themes. I stick with a specific plan. I go into the interview with the though that I will hammer one single theme. My team for these interview was "Relationally Focused". The key to customer service is building rapport with customers. So I hammered that theme with my experience and answers to her questions.

I have not gone to training yet. I've already accepted my offer officially. I've already passed my back ground check. The next call I will get will be from the Onboarding team who will inform me of my travel plans and itentiary for training in Raliegh, NC October 15.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

jjatin1990 in Poughkeepsie, New York

21 months ago

Great. Thank You. For training, I hear that some people have to go out of state but some stay in state. Are there set training areas that AT&T uses or does it it change with every hiring period?

Justin JP

21 months ago

Well,

I live in Greenville, SC at my training is in Raliegh, NC. That is about 4.5 hours away, if not a little more. I do know there is a training site here in Greenville, SC. I believe it depends on their region and training classes that need to be filled. I had a friend of mine (both of us coming from Verizon Wireless) he trainined all the way in Mississippi. So it totally depends on the schedule and training classes of AT&T.

I'm going to probably drive, because I'd get much more money back in mileage. I'm about the money...

BP in Huntington, West Virginia

20 months ago

jjatin1990 in Poughkeepsie, New York said: Great. Thank You. For training, I hear that some people have to go out of state but some stay in state. Are there set training areas that AT&T uses or does it it change with every hiring period?

I just got hired in a store in Kentucky and I go to training in Bethpage, NY on the 25th. I was told I will get my travel plans and arrangements on my first or second day in the store.

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.