AT&T Testing and Hiring process Problems

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (5)

vcksouth18 in Saint Louis, Missouri

58 months ago

Hi, I have applied for at&t on two separate occassions, the first time I applied for Sales Representative they liked my resume` and they then set me up for testing, I qualified on both test including the customer service test and also the face to face CSR test also, they said i would be recieving a phone call within a couple of days, well that phone call never came, not only that i tried calling back a few times and never heard anything at all, I have no background problems, I have no job History problems the main thing i worried abou was passing the test which i did very well on, come to find out the person that interviewed me wasnt even the person who makes the decision on the hiring which bothered me cause if that was the case we should have done the interview with the hiring manager not a person just taking notice so never heard anything about that job. I applied for premise technician recently again they sent me for testing and which i qaulified again, but this time they didnt give me an on the spot interview cause they had to have somebody call me back later on for it. My question is, after every test they have put in front of me and me passing all of them with flying colors no background problems, clean drivers license me being only 24 with no wife no kids nothing really keeping me from doing the job to the best of my abilities why is it that they keep on passing me over, obviouisly i have the experience or they wouldnt have had me test, and ive passed testing for 2 different positions, Whats going on???? If someone could help me understand id Greatly appreciate it

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Richard Dunkin in Prairieville, Louisiana

58 months ago

I took the Basic Electricity test a month ago and passed. Then they asked for my background info which I provided, I know they called my current employer and he gave a great reference, that was over 2 weeks ago, I havent heard anything so I emailed and get back a generic turn down. Whats up with this, Why would they pay for the test, call my references and do a background check just to turn me down. Just to clarify I dont even have as much as traffic ticket on my history. They wont tell me why. Would they even have told me if I had not emailed. I am very confused about the whole thing.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

MAATT in Apex, North Carolina

58 months ago

Richard Dunkin in Prairieville, Louisiana said: I took the Basic Electricity test a month ago and passed. Then they asked for my background info which I provided, I know they called my current employer and he gave a great reference, that was over 2 weeks ago, I havent heard anything so I emailed and get back a generic turn down. Whats up with this, Why would they pay for the test, call my references and do a background check just to turn me down. Just to clarify I dont even have as much as traffic ticket on my history. They wont tell me why. Would they even have told me if I had not emailed. I am very confused about the whole thing.

I work for AT&T formaly BellSOuth for 9 years now. My husband applied for & based the basic electricity & physcial performance tests & even with my employment there they never called him for a job with the company. AT&T is cutting & moving around alot of postions since the merger. It is not unlikey for them to do all the testing and for you to be a good candidate but if another division is seeing layoffs the most senior employees will get top priority over those outside the company seeking postions. My advice is keep applying & if you have a HR contact, just follow up with them about the interiew & position. It sometimes takes up to two years with following up to be picked. AT&T employs over 300,000 people accross the world so you have to be patient & persistent. Good Luck with your job search & I hope this is helpful.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Richard Dunkin in Prairieville, Louisiana

58 months ago

Well, I received a call yesterday from HR, I was told that the problem was because when they did the background check I had a flag on my license. I wasnt even aware of it. Seems that DMV put a flag on me becuase of vehicle I sold and later dropped coverage on was never registered out of my name. Anyway, I had no idea , I dont have any tickets and never would have known this, I fixed the problem and sent them comfirmation but it is still up in the air. They said they wld have to go through Dallas and get my status changed back to eligible. Im a little upset because if they would have let me know this I could have fixed it in no time. I hope she is able to rectify the issue. PS thanks for the advice. It is when I got your reply I emailed them and asked if they would tell me the problem for future employment and that when they called. Thanks again.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No Reply - Report abuse

ErichThinks in Baton Rouge, Louisiana

48 months ago

Richard Dunkin -

What happened with the job? I'm preparing to take the basic electricity test myself, was just wondering if you got in what the position/pay is like.

Thanks!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.